Search results for query: *

1. prog rocker

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I keep forgetting the US got the anime boom later than Latin America...
  2. prog rocker

Well, most of the people that complain about the koopalings are still bitter they were retconned from Bowser's children to minions. On Shadow: I agree completely. My guess is that they tried to jump on the jerk rival bandwagon (e.g. Vegeta, Silver, Bakugo) and it ended up like that.
  3. prog rocker

Anxiety is not a good feeling, and I play to aliviate it, so open world is not a good idea for me. It doesn't help that this might be the third series I'm considering leaving, along with Zelda and FF. And seeing how the next DQ might be open world, that might mean I already left 4 series in the...
  4. prog rocker

Jesus Christ, I'm not alone...
  5. prog rocker

I think you should not try the other platform fighters. I do love Smash and the fact it popularized a genre, but I feel the others focus waaaaay too much on multiplayer, to the point Rivals of Aether is borderline only that (the story mode was... lacking). Although in the Nickelodeon game case...
  6. prog rocker

I did like Sora in Smash, but... the floatiness didn't mesh well with me. I thought Sora was going to be faster and more aggressive. On the other hand, I did prefer Incineroar over Decidueye for Smash, although that was mostly because Decidueye already has Pokken. I admit that my opinion would...
  7. prog rocker

My least favorite would have to be 64, but that's due to, well, how lacking it is compared to the rest, but I can forgive that fault for the most part since it was the first game, so everything was going to be rough. No first game is perfect, after all. Just look at Kirby, Yoshi, Mario/Donkey...
  8. prog rocker

I think I remember liking Investigations 1, but then came the last case... I don't know, but it felt like an eternity to finish it.
  9. prog rocker

Yup. Plus WaveGroup did the covers for the previous Guitar Heroes and Rock Band. Line 6 only helped with one or two covers for Guitar Hero On Tour (only one I can recall is Rock and Roll All Nite). The only ones I can say might have been botched were "Beast and the Harlot" (there's auto-tune...
  10. prog rocker

After getting back to Rock Band and Clone Hero I can say this: The WaveGroup/Steve Ouimette/Line 6 covers were not bad. I feel people do tend to hate on them because it's not the original versions of the songs. I remember someone complaining about WaveGroup's cover of "Juke Box Hero", but after...
  11. prog rocker

This. I'm a fan of crossovers, but Fortnite is getting into "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" territory, and that song was a joke...
  12. prog rocker

Huh? That's weird... At least in DQIX it was automatic and part of the attack animations (think Pokémon Battle Revolution), not something you could do for... aesthetics? Whatever they were trying there.
  13. prog rocker

Oh God... why? The fact that Dragon Quest is not real time like most recent RPGs was a selling point for me. Can we go back in time when games like that weren't indie games that referenced the 8 and 16-bit era.
  14. prog rocker

Can't say much about DQ's soundtracks, because they are... somehow forgettable. Like... I played most games, but no song stuck out to me. It's like I played them on mute or something.
  15. prog rocker

I did enjoy BDSP from what little I played, but I can see why it is so... divisive to put it mildly. I guess I'm just happy that they fixed 2 out of 3 massive issues I had with the originals. EDIT: Those issues being HMs and the slowness that plagued the games. Stark Mountain getting fixed was...
  16. prog rocker

In my case, the low point was Gen I (although they get points for trying), Gen II and Gen III. They are not really bad games, but both Johto and Hoenn have that "first game in the franchise" feel. You know, where you can feel they are going to do something better once they get to know what they...
  17. prog rocker

I remember those. Not helping the fact is that you have to beat them twice, but at least the second time you have F.L.U.D.D.
  18. prog rocker

Technically, yes. But they are still extinct there.
  19. prog rocker

Isn't that what happens in Legends?
  20. prog rocker

That's an unpopular opinion? Asking because I have it, too. Specially if it has reverse controls which are extremely counter-intuitive.
Back
Top Bottom