Search results for query: *

1. prog rocker

Future Villains: Organization or Individual?

Could work as long as they don't make artwork of the grunts.
  2. prog rocker

I'll summarize what I said about this: It can work, it is interesting, but sadly, GF can't keep a secret so I'm afraid someone will spoil it before the time is right. There's also the fact that they always reveal the villain in the middle of the pre-release season, so unless there's some kind of...
  3. prog rocker

Technically N?
  4. prog rocker

We also had a rival that was in an evil team (sort of) with Gladion. I think the only position that has not been an evil leader has been the professor like someone suggested earlier, and it would be pretty hard to do. First of all, the would have to cover every single sign he's going to be the...
  5. prog rocker

Why would an anime villain appear in the games? Sure, she is popular and actually tried to disable the Trainers, but is better to keep anime and games apart. Hopefully it will end up better than when they tried it in Pokémon Dark Rising. Then again, Dark Rising is not a competent hack so I feel...
  6. prog rocker

Kinda? However, that didn't have anything to do with religion. Cyrus even kinda sound like he would be an atheist in real life. He was just arrogant and wanted a world that worked like a machine.
  7. prog rocker

True. It's better to not give moral guardians ammunition.
  8. prog rocker

I keep forgetting D&D is still a thing. Specially since each time I see it in pop culture, it's just to show how old and geeky that character is. Also, DnD doesn't target Christianity or other mainstream religions AFAIK, like most examples of the religion of evil trope. Like I said, FFT crossed...
  9. prog rocker

Also, that. I'm still wondering myself how some of the games that used that trope escaped controversy, like Final Fantasy Tactics were it's pretty obvious who were they talking about, including making their Jesus-analogue Satan incarnate. EDIT: A little off-topic, but did The Binding of Isaac...
  10. prog rocker

Then that would fall into the "religion of evil" that is plaguing 90% of JRPGs. Seriously, I disconnect my brain every time that plot comes. EDIT: I blame Final Fantasy Tactics for this one cliché. I know older games did that, too, but FFT is still the most popular example.
  11. prog rocker

I'm kinda liking the idea of betraying the player.
  12. prog rocker

It could work, seeing how it would still have those mobs that are actually needed in the game. Just don't make the Big Boss a cliché.
  13. prog rocker

Not so much censorship as it's a sour spot. Putting something like that would be like mentioning the Boston Marathon Bombing in a kids videogame. EDIT: Also, it's not about religion, it was about cults specifically. Also, you are acting as if your country, whatever it is, didn't blame anything...
  14. prog rocker

Dude, that's no what I'm talking about. I said that cults got banned after an incident with a sex cult, not that the cult had to do with sex. Also, you completely ignored the whole Aum Shinrikyo part: It was the cult that made the 90's sarin gas attacks in Japanese trains, where they blamed...
  15. prog rocker

I don't know if it only applied to Yu-Gi-Oh! or not, but I don't Japan would include anything cult-related in Pokémon after a certain incident with a sex cult (I'm not kidding). Or the whole Aum Shinrikyo thing, where otakus got mis-blamed (again). Also, "religion of evil" stories are even more...
  16. prog rocker

I think another reason we have teams instead of singular villains is from a gaming perspective: They need people that fulfill the role of mobs or generic enemies, kind of like the goombas or koopas from Mario.
Back
Top Bottom