Search results for query: *

1. prog rocker

Julia's Reviews on Various Media

I know I'm late to put this here, but whatever. If you want to make Devilman weirder, look at the LA Spanish cast: Akira and Ryo are Christopher Robin and Ash Ketchum. I guess I even though the anime is too dark for me, that fact ruins it even further for me...
  2. prog rocker

You know, I keep wondering why they keep doing this. I thought people learned from what happened with One Piece...
  3. prog rocker

Not only FF1 NES is grindier and harder, it is also as glitchy (or even glitchier) than the Gen I Pokémon games, and some of those glitches are actually pretty negative, including non-working spells or spells using the wrong stat. There's also that horrible "you can only cast X spells per day"...
  4. prog rocker

Don't forget the part in which otome games that reach the US tend to have... awkward translations. Poe (Clyde "Tomato" Mandelin's wife), covered two in "The Legends of Localization" blog.
  5. prog rocker

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm planning to open a geeky café in the future, and I needed something to watch to get inspiration for it. Mostly for dishes since we don't want things that you could easily find, but at the same time we can adapt both to the theme and the local tastes.
  6. prog rocker

Now that you mention cooking anime/manga, do you any that are interesting?
  7. prog rocker

I don't know if this is only me or not, so I'm going to ask this: did the game lag for you? I played on a normal 3DS and the game was laggy in certain zones. Oh God, I remember that house in FoMT that required you to be married to your spouse for 50 years to get it. Doesn't help that getting...
  8. prog rocker

Oh, then I get it now. Kinda like "Concherias" by Aquileo Echeverria. That book is written in the way the people that live in the rural zones of Costa Rica talk (like saying "ñor" instead of "señor", etc).
  9. prog rocker

What does it mean "written in vernacular"?
  10. prog rocker

I have some comments about this: On the games' difficulty: with the exception of the final and super bosses, the games are not hard, but they're grindy as hell. Which is something I recall happened in a lot of 80's and 90's RPGs. If you have the money to get new weapons and armor then you...
  11. prog rocker

Now that I think about it, Mana is one of those series that I see people keep mentioning, but I still forget to try them out. Which is kinda strange for me, since I'm always looking for different RPGs, and I have tried really obscure games (like Tengai Makyou 0 and Momotaro Densetsu).
  12. prog rocker

I know I'm six years too late, but are you alright? I could almost hear you tearing the book page by page from here...
  13. prog rocker

I guess that explains the filler issues.
  14. prog rocker

Now that you mention filler, I find it weird it is used here. Generally, filler is used in weekly series to prevent the anime going at a faster pace than the manga it is based on, which explains the weird/non-existent plots or the lack of continuity that filler can have. Example: dragons don't...
  15. prog rocker

I don't if it's just reading what you've been saying, since I have not seen the movie (yet), but maybe this could have worked better as an anime series instead of a movie? Since I feel they could do things better if it actually had time to develop the story and characters. Don't think it might...
  16. prog rocker

Yikes.
  17. prog rocker

Well, there's now a second Glitter Force dub now, but I don't know if it's good. The LA version of the first one (that one was based on the English one) was bad in my opinion, and kinda tainted Pretty Cure for me since it was my first exposure to the franchise, but maybe the second one is...
  18. prog rocker

@chibighost Here's a subbed version of Heidi with all episodes! View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS6WGd3J_H0rzQvtmkDDs0_8Jg70wZOn0
  19. prog rocker

Do you know Spanish? The whole series is available in that language in YouTube. Or if you paid me I could sub it for you. Just kidding, you might need to give me some time and I'll look for it for you.
  20. prog rocker

Just found the Perrine dub in YouTube. I'll watch it soon. Yes, anime tended to go uncensored here, unless it was dubbed by 4Kids (all censorship was still in the dub + inconsistent terminology thanks to different translators, although the terminology in YGO was better than the one in the...
Back
Top Bottom