Search results for query: *

1. puddleths

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Dustox, Chimecho, and Cacnea's releases deserve spots. What are Serena, Greninja, and Floette even doing on here?
  2. puddleths

I liked it better at the time. I watched it again, recently, and I agree with you. It's not much better. Thus my comment Visquez is the peak. I'll stand by my opinion 86 is a better produced episode than 77.
  3. puddleths

My comment in the review thread of the episode hits on a lot of these points for why I didn't like it. The only thing to add was I remember not liking the music selection much. I think Bea 3 (namely episode 86) has a better effort from Iwane and superior BGM. The problem is you kind of have to...
  4. puddleths

I can see the issue with Visquez not being a meaningful character for Ash to face. But Surge, in particular, is a character I think was fine to avoid considering he was one of the only legitimately defeated Kanto gym leaders. I just really enjoyed how the battle was choreographed. Gengar...
  5. puddleths

The Volkner battle getting praised as the best of JN has never sat right with me. The last PWC match I enjoyed was Bea 3, but that has its own issues (including Lucario taking too much damage). Visquez was such a nice start. Who knew it'd be all downhill from there?
  6. puddleths

The expectation should have been anybody battling Leon before Ash wouldn't get a particularly good showing. All I'm saying is Friday's airing was way past the point to get upset.
  7. puddleths

You missed my point. My confusion is with people who presumably follow the news (previews, summaries, titles, etc) getting outraged only after seeing the episode when it was pretty clear what we were going to get. In fact, I'm glad there was finally an episode of JN that people pretty...
  8. puddleths

I'm not sure why people got so upset about Leon and Alain's battle only after the episode aired. We knew it was going to be a short/rushed battle going in since 116's real title was revealed.
  9. puddleths

I thought I'd add, even though Tobias is a dumb character, the moment Latios gets sent out has always stuck out in my mind as one of the most unexpected, and kind of awesome, things the anime has ever pulled. Maybe I'm not remembering, or didn't look into it enough, but I don't remember any...
  10. puddleths

Tobias is a pretty bad character from the standpoint DP generally had a decent amount of thought put into the story. Never even alluding to such a character existing prior to the league comes across as a pretty massive oversight. But we seem to be in agreement. There wasn't much else they could...
  11. puddleths

Even if you feel Ash regressed at the beginning of DP (which is really just a Pikachu thing isn't it?), I'm a little perplexed you wouldn't feel he was at his peak by the end of the saga. The writers seemed to feel he wouldn't lose to any ordinary trainer after beating Paul. That's what spawned...
  12. puddleths

I dunno if Tyson can be compared to Tobias. Sure, both won their respective leagues, but there's nothing particularly special about Tyson that would've precluded them from introducing a stronger character for Ash to face had he won. Since you brought up how seeding could theoretically change...
  13. puddleths

If Iris wasn't champion for the battle with Ash, or if she hadn't used Haxorus, I'd be a little more okay with her in the Masters 8. There's also reconciling with the idea she made it in before Ash. Now this isn't happening, even if the "leak" is wrong, (though I'm not sure Iris was...
  14. puddleths

Iris just sticks out like a sore thumb in that lineup. The outcomes for her all seem undesirable: being fodder, losing to Ash again, or beating someone people would prefer Ash take on. Even with her being champion, I still think Alder would be a better Gen V rep than her, at this point. Benga...
  15. puddleths

Not sure how impactful a rematch would be without a certain reserve, so if this opens the door, cool.
  16. puddleths

You're right, and it should never happen again. I have been owned.
  17. puddleths

That's nice. Now, here's an absurd idea. What if he used them... in battles?
  18. puddleths

Gotta wonder why? If she's back for the PWC, she's just losing again. She'd be better off being reduced to a sparring partner.
  19. puddleths

It has been atrocious, but Ash should've been battling more. Now they're running out of time, so this is the result.
  20. puddleths

Drasna? I may be advocating for Paul in the Master Class, but if there's going to be any more Ultra Class battles, he should probably be the last one. Although, Siebold would have been somewhat interesting given he's the only trainer to beat Alain.
Back
Top Bottom