Search results for query: *

1. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I think the Legend of Thunder was a lot more fun as a special that gave us introduction to characters not included in the regular anime than specials like Paldean Winds, Origins, Generations, the garbage they did for Hisui, etc. I did enjoy a lot of these other specials, but LoT did a lot more...
  2. sc190191

Controversial opinions

The above conversation seems to have gone overly in-depth into the definition of power fantasy while seemingly ignoring the really important initial point. I haven't seen the new series yet because I watch dub, but I am really concerned about the ever presence of adults and Liko and Roy not...
  3. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Is this Ed Goldfarb's burner account? Just Kidding, I like some dub music too
  4. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Journeys may not have been well put together and its own storylines may have been lacking some, but in several instances it sure did a very good job of wrapping up/continuing on storylines from prior series. I'm still not fully caught up (just about to start M8 - I'm really slow), but having...
  5. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I was thinking of making a thread for this, but I couldn't think of what to call it that would lead to people actually clicking on it, so if anyone likes this idea feel free to steal it for a thread! By its nature it fits in this thread too... The idea is to consider how your overall opinion of...
  6. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Yes I've seen the episode, I've already addressed that very point, the episode was very much a joke, the catching was mostly by accident, the ease of catches was due to the Safari Zone, and the Tauros life is almost identical to before as Oak's Ranch is a vast area with tons of nature and plenty...
  7. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Or you could try and read the words of the people who complain about Go's captures because it has nothing at all to do with Ash. If you're going to make comments calling out other people and their opinions, try actually giving a basis for what you're saying. What makes Go any different from...
  8. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Go is a far worse person than Paul (at least so far). This is my opinion, but I'm going to give reasons to defend it, and hopefully the story will improve to help change this, because it would be pretty rough at this rate to have a protag (and seemingly the only protag) for as many as three...
  9. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Not to defend Torkoal, as it rarely did well, but its battle against Brandon's Registeel was actually really good, and that was its most recent battle as of the Sinnoh League. That was battle experience against a legendary Pokemon, so maybe experience is a factor. It lasted a while in the...
  10. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I think a lot of people will hate me saying this (hence the location of the post), but all the whining about trio absences is starting to get pretty annoying. I would certainly also like to see more of the trio, but seriously, most of us lost our favorite characters years ago. I could whine and...
  11. sc190191

Controversial opinions

Yes, I would have guessed he's pretty close to 20, do you see him more as Brock's age? Either way, he's clearly quite a bit older than Ash, and he was visually a lot younger when he got his Charmander, so he had been training a long time. The point stands either way, I don't intend to argue...
  12. sc190191

Controversial opinions

In hindsight maybe it may seem people would have been less upset about the match getting interrupted, but really people would have gone nuts if the Kalos League Finals never had a result. It would have been different backlash, but still negative backlash. It would be impossible to measure which...
  13. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I'm not quite finished playing Shield yet, but I am far enough to have started to feel sad that the Galar region isn't going to be explored at the level of detail of other regions. Although I have always maintained that I would prefer the anime to go back to the Gen 1-6 formula, putting that...
  14. sc190191

Controversial opinions

On top of all this, it felt to me like it was kind of cheating too. The classmates and those they are friends with didn't attack each other at all, when the battle is supposed to be a free-for-all. On top of that, they also would cut in and help out when someone else was attacking one of their...
  15. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I can tell you that I don't really like it much, but I do think it is better than SM. I still prefer every other pre SM series over what we have seen so far. Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true (you've seriously said that like 3 times in the past week). That may be...
  16. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I feel weird talking about the same thing I've said before, but the same topics seem to come up frequently here. Although I find this chart really interesting (props to whomever took all that time) it really shouldn't be used as the main piece of evidence when trying to determine which Pokemon...
  17. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I don't think there should be an impossible barrier, I just don't think Ash should have won any of the regional leagues, that had sometimes hundreds of incredibly talented trainers. If they would have just started with him doing a little worse, but still showing it as a great accomplishment...
  18. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I never wanted Ash to win any league. I think most people seem to want him to win, but I really like the concept that its a huge world and there is always someone better. I may not always approve of how he has lost previous leagues, but I never wanted him to actually win one (and no its not...
  19. sc190191

Controversial opinions

SM is the least funny/humorous series by a significant margin. Note which thread I said this under, this is my opinion, and I do believe that humor, like art, is subjective, even though many people on this site seem to think those qualities are objective, so I don't reject that some people will...
  20. sc190191

Controversial opinions

I wasn't trying to say don't discuss it (I love when contests come up in topics because they were one of my favorite things), sorry if it came across that way, all I'm saying is the more logic we apply to contests, the less satisfying they may feel because there are a lot of holes logically with...
Back
Top Bottom