Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

Generation IV Remake Speculation

I’m not sure why you’re acting as if you know for a fact that that’s the sole reason for their existence. They aren’t just color-swaps of old Pokémon either; they each require their own models, animations, movesets, etc. just as any new Pokémon would (and regional evolutions are completely new...
  2. swiftgallade46

There is not a single mechanic in any game that is “needed”. It’s all up to what they think would be popular, and clearly Variants have been. I’m not really sure why you believe that the entire reason for their existence is to avoid National Dex padding, but I’m certain you can’t say that...
  3. swiftgallade46

Sinnohan forms are definitely plausible. I said this earlier, but I think the latter 4 gens would be most likely to receive Regional Variants in Sinnoh. Sinnoh was also all about evolutions and we just got the first cross-generation evolutions in quite a long time (excluding Sylveon). They...
  4. swiftgallade46

It just all goes back to perspective. We all obviously know that they’re a business who wants and needs profit. But framing every decision they make as a means to get the most money possible with no regard for the consumer is, again, disingenuous. A business that ignores its consumers wants for...
  5. swiftgallade46

You’re once again missing my point entirely regarding people making predictions that are based on skewed and biased views of GF. The narrative that GameFreak are penny pinching misers and therefore we aren’t getting DP Remakes is tiring.
  6. swiftgallade46

Yes really. Based on stats that we’ve seen in this thread, LG performed nowhere near SwSh’s profit margins. So by your own definitions, just because it was cheaper to make (do we really even know this to be true?) didn’t mean it profited more. My point was never “the line of thinking that they...
  7. swiftgallade46

My point is that claiming GameFreak is going to do something just because it’s “cash grabby” and easy is disingenuous. LG being “cheaper to make” doesn’t mean it’s the most likely next step.
  8. swiftgallade46

I mean, this prediction is completely predicated on the highly exaggerated caricature of GameFreak being lazy and greedy with no regard for pleasing their hypnotized consumers. I think it’s better to base expectations on patterns, logic, and market demand rather than continuing to buy into this...
  9. swiftgallade46

I don’t find it likely that the DP Remakes would involve LG catching/elements but I also don’t really fully trust Centro. In fact, one of the reasons people even think LG Sinnoh is a thing is because of a rumor they started that they later had to backtrack on.
  10. swiftgallade46

I believe it was Mesprit, but yeah. I do not miss the old roaming mechanic at all. To quote serebii: “The Pokémon Company International have also confirmed that there will be more new announcements across the franchise during the week of Pokémon's 25th anniversary. At present it's unclear what...
  11. swiftgallade46

Luck and gambling are not the same thing. And the luck element is still completely present in Let’s Go so I’m not even sure what the difference is in what you’re looking for. LG’s capture system removes battling which is a core part of the series. I was fine with it for one game, but if/when...
  12. swiftgallade46

I don’t see how they’re any more confirmed now than they were this time last last week. Also, there is one.
  13. swiftgallade46

The only reason I would think this time might be different is because it’s the 25th anniversary and there’s a ton of hype with Post Malone etc. I don’t think they would go as far as hyping up the event with big celebrities for there to only be a minor game announcement.
  14. swiftgallade46

I do hope that follow Pokémon, ride Pokémon, overworld Pokémon, and especially Shiny overworld Pokémon are all elements that carry over from LGPE into Sinnoh Remakes. It’s specifically the art-style and battle mechanics that I do not want.
  15. swiftgallade46

This thread might be useful to people who want to speculate on what is coming next outside of Gen 4 Remakes. Here’s one for speculating on the future of the Let’s Go series. And here’s another specifically for speculation on Let’s Go Johto. . . . I’m not sure I fully trust Centro just...
  16. swiftgallade46

Maybe Giratina is just already incorporated into the story to begin with.
  17. swiftgallade46

Like I said, main-series Pokémon announcements are very rarely if ever included in Nintendo Directs regardless. And it really seems like you are missing his point entirely, but I won’t continue to speak for him.
  18. swiftgallade46

I’m not sure why you were expecting it to. Pokémon has very clearly stated that its major announcements are coming next week, and we rarely if ever get major main-series Pokémon announcements in Nintendo Directs anyway. I think by “living Dex” they were referring to the full local Dex in this...
  19. swiftgallade46

It’s probably worth clarifying that a realistic “National Dex” by today’s standards is actually more of an “Extended Dex” akin to the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra which I could see happening regardless of if it’s DLC; while the actual National Dex is all roughly 900 Pokémon which is highly unlikely.
  20. swiftgallade46

That was Tuoko’s point. If it’s accessible earlier then that would mean it is no longer post-game. Personally, I have no issue with the “Seen” Dex requirement for the National Dex. It was really easy to accomplish back then. Today, however, Regional Dexes are expected to be much larger and such...
Back
Top Bottom