Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

I always thought Wooper punched with its antennae thing lol. Not that it makes any sense either way, just how I headcanoned it.
  2. swiftgallade46

I like the idea of Morning Sun. I wish a lot more Pokémon learned that move in the first place.
  3. swiftgallade46

Synthesis is a reference to photosynthesis which is a process that only plants can perform. Sunbathing is a common practice for cold-blooded creatures like reptiles and dragons which is unrelated to photosynthesis.
  4. swiftgallade46

Dream World/Hidden Abilities weren’t introduced until gen 5, though. So the choice would have been between Forewarn or Justified and one was clearly more useful than the other. Granted, they don’t always choose a more useful option, but Id assume most people would prefer it if they did...
  5. swiftgallade46

To be fair, Abilities are tough because you only get 1-3 slots per Pokémon. All of Absol’s current Abilities do make sense for it (although you could make the case that Forewarn fits better than one of them). It happens often, actually. Like, why can’t Stoutland have Fur Coat? Or why can’t Golem...
  6. swiftgallade46

Yeah, I only mention them because I’ve seen sets in the past for all 3 of them which used VW. It’s actually a surprisingly good surprise tactic on Medicham since its Speed isn’t great and it gets STAB. Mega Medi also has a passable SpAtk at 80.
  7. swiftgallade46

Ah, my mistake. There are Mew, Medicham, and Blaziken, though.
  8. swiftgallade46

Can’t Gardevoir learn it too?
  9. swiftgallade46

Actually there are a ton of Pokémon who can learn all three lol. In addition to the above:
  10. swiftgallade46

The point I was making in the first place is that viability doesn’t usually determine learnset but there are likely several instances where a move would be too powerful on a certain Pokémon. Freeze Shock is a physical move, that’s all I was saying.
  11. swiftgallade46

I imagine it does prevent some Pokémon from learning moves that would be OP, but the opposite isn’t really true. Plus Black Kyurem has always had Freeze Shock.
  12. swiftgallade46

I don’t think whether or not the move is good on it or if it’s a Physical/Special Attacker is really a determining factor. Just look at things like Klinklang or Garbodor.
  13. swiftgallade46

Well considering that’s the last game the Oshawott line was present in, I’d say it still counts.
  14. swiftgallade46

Not only that, but Regigigas wasn’t even able to learn Rest until gen 8.
  15. swiftgallade46

Jumpluff, Solrock, Drifloon, Woobat, and Charjabug all learn the move. I don’t think body shape is a factor.
  16. swiftgallade46

My head cannon is that Gastly can change the shape of its gas into hands and solidify them using ghost-power for punching, but the actual reason is probably just that it was added in an old-ish game where some things got strange moves.
  17. swiftgallade46

Off the top of my head, Palkia, Octillery, Raincloud Castform, Ludicolo, and Urshifu Rapid Strike all learn damaging Fire-type moves. Plus Arceus and Silvally-Water if you’d count those.
  18. swiftgallade46

Ok idk if this has been mentioned yet but Grimmsnarl...does not learn Snarl? What.
  19. swiftgallade46

I wish Espeon learned Power Gem. I think there are a few other Pokémon with gems that don’t learn it as well which has always seemed weird to me.
  20. swiftgallade46

Hmm maybe, but what about Milotic or Steelix?
Back
Top Bottom