Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

A Member Card of course :P
  2. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Yes but at least both Mewtwo Megas and both Charizard Megas are viable. I don’t think anyone even runs Pikashunium-Z. Gengar doesn’t really count; its two burst forms aren’t even available at the same time.
  3. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Pikashunium-Z was also pretty unnecessary. Pikachu already had an exclusive Z-Crystal, it really didn’t need two.
  4. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Oh I wasn’t implying that you said the moments didn’t exist. Just that I remember them happening early on.
  5. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Yeah didn’t Delia also have some nice moments with Ash in M3? Granted that was a while ago, but I still feel like moments like those at least exist.
  6. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

I never said it was flawless. Every series has flaws.
  7. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

I actually really loved XY. Probably one of my favorite series.
  8. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions
    Threadmarks: Friendly Reminder

Just a friendly reminder that this thread is for controversial opinions on specifically the anime. Our Video Games section has an equivalent thread for anything pertaining to the games such as Pokémon designs etc.
  9. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions
    Threadmarks: Re-Opening This Thread

This thread as well as the Racism and Representation in the Anime thread will now be re-opened for replies. The moderation team would like to remind our users of the following: With all of that out of the way, we hope people can get back to using this thread appropriately. Thank you for reading.
  10. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

We have decided to temporarily lock both this and the Race and Representation in the Anime thread to give staff some time to sift through the lengthy posts and recent discussions. We are taking all perspectives into account in order to decide how to best move forward.
  11. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Don’t get me wrong, the Goh hate gets overblown in my opinion (I wasn’t really around any forums during BW so idk about Iris), but I think the vast majority of the dislike of his character has nothing to do with his race and especially nothing to do with a headcanon that he is neurodivergent...
  12. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Pretty much this. And honestly, I’ve even gotten used to the easy captures at this point, so I’m not really bothered by it anymore. My main issue with him now is his total lack of battling prowess, but I get that that’s actually meant to be his main character flaw.
  13. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

I only somewhat agree. I do have my issues with it, but I don’t think the execution is as bad as some people tend to make it seem.
  14. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

I said it before so I hope this doesn’t come off as repetitive, but actually the main reason I like Goh is because of his goal. It just reminds me of how I myself tend to play Pokémon games. I just love collecting all the Pokémon as soon as I can. I just think this goal in a video game setting...
  15. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Prefacing this with two things: a) I respect your opinion that the sub is better b) Agreed that having this opinion does not inherently mean you are claiming to be superior And, ftr, I had never claimed anything to the contrary. I wasn’t attacking you. I very simply pointed out that using the...
  16. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

No, lol. Someone else was expressing their controversial opinion. Then they were met with “No, the sub is objectively better”. Which is wrong. There is nothing redundant about pointing that out. The thread isn’t “express your opinion and then no one gets to respond”. As long as someone replies...
  17. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

?? The controversial opinion that was expressed was that someone preferred the dub to the sub, and I was responding to someone who was saying otherwise. Not only that, but what I said in no way implied that the user I was responding to couldn’t express their opinion so I’m really not sure what...
  18. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

You didn’t really mention anything in your post that wasn’t either subjective or speculative, though. Even in this sentence you admit that this is just your opinion by saying “to me”. Which is fine, but it doesn’t by any means correlate to the dub being objectively inferior.
  19. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

I prefer the dub. I just grew up watching the dub and that’s what I’m used to. I tried the sub and it just wasn’t the same.
  20. swiftgallade46

Controversial opinions

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I think many people have a passion for the show and are pained to see it go through such a rough patch (in their opinion), so that explains why they wouldn’t simply stop watching or take a break. Personally, it’s not my favorite series, but I do enjoy it and...
Back
Top Bottom