Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

SwSh Is Pokemon losing steam?

Respectfully, who are you to tell me or anyone else why we love the franchise? My enjoyment has nothing to do with it being a brand. I enjoy the characters, world-building, battle system, designs, and gameplay. And that’s just the main series titles. If you don’t enjoy it then fine, but don’t...
  2. swiftgallade46

Where I choose to spend my money is my business and my business alone. If the game (subjectively!) is not acceptable in your opinion, that has no bearing on whether or not I will buy the DLC because I happen to firmly disagree. And, respectfully, that quote is rather irrelevant in this context...
  3. swiftgallade46

I think you’re misunderstanding. What they were pointing out was that exact post had apparently been posted and deleted and reposted several times. Not that the point had been made already.
  4. swiftgallade46

Yeah, this I agree with. Though, I am curious how you would classify a “pillar of media”. This may sound blasphemous to some, but I actually think Pokémon is approaching if not at the same level as Star Wars. It just doesn’t span appeal with as many generations (yet?).
  5. swiftgallade46

I actually don’t really agree. Aging doesn’t inherently mean “losing steam”. I would definitely not go as far as to classify it as a “cult status” either. I actually see it as far more popular now than it was when I was in high school 6 years ago. And, in fact, it has proven that it can still...
  6. swiftgallade46

TIL your room was customizable in GSC
  7. swiftgallade46

Gen V actually technically had this too, though it was restricted to the Dream World.
  8. swiftgallade46

This is completely subjective and your own opinion. Gen 4 was my absolute favorite and even I disagree. I don’t think Yokai had much of an impact on Pokémon sales at all (at least no more than literally any other game). It was hardly ever a fair competition. Plus plenty of people played both...
  9. swiftgallade46

1) It’s...all documented in the leak repo thread. We have maybe 3 fully credible leaks and the main one seems to come from a native English speaker not a GF employee. 3) ...So then the logical conclusion one would draw is that nothing of that nature has occurred? That or anything that has...
  10. swiftgallade46

Probably because a) most of the leaks are fake b) the real leaks we get aren’t necessarily from people who work at GameFreak and c) they probably assume people would rather hear about game features over developer-mood
  11. swiftgallade46

The way I’ve been reading it (based on the theory quoted above for example) is people think that TPCi/GameFreak are shifting their focus towards developing mobile games and this is causing the main titles to suffer in quality. Developing the main games to be similar in difficulty/ease to mobile...
  12. swiftgallade46

Mobile Pokémon games have literally nothing to do with any perceived decrease in main series game quality. If anything they improve them with added features like Go connectivity (although I personally never used that). They are developed independently and exist to tap into an obviously booming...
  13. swiftgallade46

I’m not really seeing where it’s dying. Unless you mean subjectively like in your own opinion, in which case I respectfully disagree. Genuine question, but do you have examples of GameFreak being “condescending”? This is the first I’ve ever heard of it and the public announcement really did not...
  14. swiftgallade46

Ah okay, yeah unfortunately after the dumpster fire that was [most of] the BW anime, ratings really went down. Which is a huge shame bc of how great XY was.
  15. swiftgallade46

I emphatically disagree. The XY anime was the finest I have seen in a v long time and I highly recommend it (especially XYZ). The Alola anime is admittedly nowhere near as good, but it’s also rather underrated; people judge it harshly simply due to its animation style. There are great episodes...
  16. swiftgallade46

“Is Pokémon losing steam?” Short answer? No. Long answer: There are two ways to look at it; from a business perspective and from a completely subjective perspective (which is how your post seems to be framed). Business-wise, Pokemon is doing terrific as usual. It’s still the highest grossing...
Back
Top Bottom