Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I think some of us may have a bit of distorted view on the response to JN. Many people enjoy it or are indifferent to it. The most vocal opinions do not always represent the vast majority. BW was definitely controversial and divisive. It’s also not anywhere near factual that JN is worse (or...
  2. swiftgallade46

Normally I’d agree, but I think BW was becoming so stagnant and boring that Charizard returning was something much needed. It also brought some closure as to where in the world it was until that point. Not to say this couldn’t have been accomplished by a different Pokémon, but Charizard being...
  3. swiftgallade46

Charizard as a species is overdone throughout media, although I didn’t mind Ash’s in particular other than the Kanto league. Greninja I also didn’t mind. I liked its arc, it’s gimmick was made available in the games, and it worked well with Ash’s character in XY. I disliked that it lost the...
  4. swiftgallade46

Me either, honestly.
  5. swiftgallade46

Can someone please explain to me what a “shillmon” is? It sounds like just a Pokémon that’s featured often because it’s a fan favorite. Is it supposed to be a bad thing?
  6. swiftgallade46

I didn’t know anything about swapped voices; I was referring to just traditional scans, summaries, and previews. CoroCoro has jumbled around future party members plenty in the past. I would argue that the Pikachu evolutions relied on pretty much the same thing. But there’s plenty of other...
  7. swiftgallade46

Probably Ash’s Charizard, but I’m sure Seviper is up there.
  8. swiftgallade46

What? It absolutely was done throughout SM. Just off the top of my head: There was one that led people to believe that Rotom would be leaving, one where it was implied Sophocles might catch Minior, one where we thought Lana would catch a Dewpider, and there were tons of theories about who would...
  9. swiftgallade46

I’ll state here as well that this marketing strategy really isn’t exclusive to JN or even Pokémon at all. But in a low-stakes and low-drama show like Pokémon, there needs to be something to keep potential viewers curious. It’s not the most honest marketing technique I agree, but it’s probably...
  10. swiftgallade46

My headcanon is that people in the anime universe just kind of have this understanding that there will always be Pokemon they don’t recognize. It would be similar if someone entered with a Pokémon from gen 9.
  11. swiftgallade46

Very unlikely that they would do this less than a year after legends. Games need time to accrue sales, merch, etc. and most importantly time for players to complete the game. BDSP and LA are exceptions to this because they’re both Sinnoh games. I guess we’ll find out in the coming weeks why they...
  12. swiftgallade46

Yep, I saw that I really hope it gets a cute little role.
  13. swiftgallade46

I’m really eager for Falinks to debut in the main show. One of my absolute favorites from Galar and it’s so adorable.
  14. swiftgallade46

The general message that there’s just no pleasing some people is absolutely true. This particular example isn’t the best, though.
  15. swiftgallade46

I believe a character cannot be out of character because no matter what they do, they are still the character. (Unless they break the fourth wall or are in a non-canon scenario). This doesn’t somehow imply that can’t be in-character either, and the major difference between the definition of...
  16. swiftgallade46

Only by the definition you’re using. If you’re going by the definition of “character” being a person in media, then you can’t be Out of Character because nothing you do will change that descriptor of you. I don’t think it’s bad writing because a) this applies to any character and b) the ways...
  17. swiftgallade46

Hmm well that would depend on if Transform is able to copy the G-Max factor. I’m not sure. Then again, we also physically saw Pikachu evolve from a Pichu so there’s that :P
  18. swiftgallade46

One could make the argument that it didn’t evolve despite making contact in the OS because it has the G-Max factor (even though obviously that wouldn’t become a thing until over 20 years later). Also, I believe Meowth stated it didn’t want to be in a Pokeball, right? Other than that Luxury Ball
  19. swiftgallade46

I believe it actually is outright stated at some point that Pokemon learn four moves, but all I’m going on is loose memory so take that for what it’s worth lol. In the OS I was actually more confused than anything as a kid.
  20. swiftgallade46

The four move slot limit is a staple for the series as a whole. In the OS when a Pokémon used more than 4 moves at once it was widely regarded as a mistake rather than a creative deviation from the games.
Back
Top Bottom