Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

It isn’t “mental gymnastics” lol. I think that’s a bit rude. I’m just explaining that the revenue they are receiving from both sets of games will be garnered at around the same time, so it makes sense to also compare them as a whole to other games when it comes to marketing cycles. It’s nothing...
  2. swiftgallade46

I never said you did? But this was part of the reason I was looking at them together. It just looks like their strategy is to offset any drops in sales one might have by releasing two in quick succession.
  3. swiftgallade46

Considering theories on how they will continue to be marketed together, I think it absolutely is fair to do both. So did I. The similarities between the two involve an early announcement followed by a long period of radio silence.
  4. swiftgallade46

Which is why I said “similar” not the same. You made the same comparison one comment up. BDSP undoubtedly has plenty to be seen even if it will be very similar to the originals. But we’ve seen that apparently BDSP is more highly anticipated in many circles than LA so I don’t necessarily...
  5. swiftgallade46

The unprecedented wait is one thing but I still highly doubt that it will be much longer before we start getting regular news for one or both titles. If they can fit all the marketing into the 3-4 months before release, then they’ll do it. I don’t like it, but that’s similar to what they did for...
  6. swiftgallade46

And for all we know they had a large role in testing and detailed models in the other games as well so I’m not sure how you can really cite that as any kind of reliable strike against them. I think you underestimate the role they played in the rest of the games in their repertoire. I really...
  7. swiftgallade46

Your original comment was “a SwSh style 3D game might've been too much for ILCA.” My point is that ILCA’s specialty is in 3D style games so this really isn’t an issue. Besides, most of the other elements (game design, mechanics, plot, etc.) are already present in the original DP; they just have...
  8. swiftgallade46

ILCA literally stands for “I love computer art”. I’m pretty sure they know their way around artistic 3D designs. They also have plenty of experience with other games with more complex art styles. I don’t really think it’s fair to cite “cheap”ness as a factor either, considering we don’t know how...
  9. swiftgallade46

Whether they can change it or not doesn’t make it immune to being criticized. Besides, I don’t think most people here are saying that they must change BDSP at this stage. But people’s reaction to the chibi art style definitely should influence their future decisions and change things if necessary.
  10. swiftgallade46

So while I definitely don’t mind the artistic choice as much as others that I’ve seen, I don’t think it being an artistic choice should make it immune to criticism. Let’s not forget that at the end of the day, they are developing a game for consumers and money. Therefore, if the majority of...
  11. swiftgallade46

They’ve shown hardly anything about the game at all. In the one small clip we got since their announcement more than five months ago, the graphics have been improved. To me, that suggests that we will continue to see improvements for a while. The chibi art style isn’t going anywhere, but other...
  12. swiftgallade46

It’s official. You can watch it on serebii.
  13. swiftgallade46

Right, I said “some” not all. Realistically, it’s probably just the bushes. It was just a short clip of BDSP shown in the promotional video for the Switch OLED that hadn’t been seen before. The clip’s graphics were different in many ways from what we saw in February. No actual news on gameplay...
  14. swiftgallade46

Some of the changes might be due to it taking place in a different location. Buizel and Shinx are caught in two different places in the early game.
  15. swiftgallade46

There’s nothing that says they didn’t do both. Also personally I think the battle graphics are a lot better and they might improve them even further by release.
  16. swiftgallade46

Worth mentioning that Magnezone and Probopass were also unobtainable in HGSS but then later became readily available in ORAS. As it stands, the original DP dex only includes Clefable, Azumarill, and Mr. Mime as far as Fairy-types go. Even if you threw in Galarian Rapidash, that isn’t much...
  17. swiftgallade46

I think there’s two different topics here: IF we think they would make trade evos more accessible in BDSP and, if so, then: HOW would they make trade evolutions more accessible in BDSP? To the first question, I’m not too sure. It’s not impossible but if they are going for a “closer to DP” vibe...
  18. swiftgallade46

That’s kind of poor word choice though, because I’m not sure what is political about that. We don’t really know the logistics of importing Pokémon from LGPE to SWSH either but I’m not sure what any of that has to do with a 3rd DLC that we probably aren’t getting. And, no, I still do not think it...
  19. swiftgallade46

This isn’t really the type of “scripted” I was referring to. I meant it wasn’t scripted as some kind of cover up or misleading strategy.
  20. swiftgallade46

Not sure of what “politics” you’re referring to but I definitely don’t subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the conversation was scripted. Regardless of what their reasoning is or was for not including them all, the fact is they said outright that they aren’t going to. I’m not saying it’s...
Back
Top Bottom