Search results for query: *

1. techitisJ

The Shiny Encounters Thread

So I completed another big hunt today, and I want to talk about it.
  2. techitisJ

Okay, so it's story time. This has been a long time in the making. Back in Sun and Moon, about 6 months after I obtained my first successfully hunted shiny, I decided I wanted to try my hands at Masuda hunting. I did a few Masuda hunts, all of which weren't too bad. In fact, none of them even...
  3. techitisJ

Splatoon 3 is just a few weeks away and with it being so close and knowing most of my freetime will be dedicated to it, I've been thinking about wrapping up my two target goals for Legends Arceus a little faster. During Sun and Moon, when I first really got into shiny hunting, I started a hunt...
  4. techitisJ

Pokemon Legends Arceus got me back into shiny hunting, and it's wielded me many shinies thus far, but I wanted to save posting about them until I reached one of my main goals. I have three major targets, a Shiny Alpha Ninetales obtained via random encounters, a set of 9 Eevees so I can have one...
  5. techitisJ

A few days ago I decided to start a new journey on my copy of Pokemon Sword (on a different file). I do have my Shield playthrough I still need to complete, but for some reason, I haven't felt inspired to. It's also good because I can get the legends I missed in the Crown Tundra (MAJOR SPOILER...
  6. techitisJ

Thank you :) Aww, I'm sorry to hear about that. It's so hard when you lose shinies. I hope that one day you are able to reclaim them!
  7. techitisJ

Quoting this old post for this little tale I have to tell. After hatching this shiny, I ended up sending her to Pokemon Moon for a playthrough. I didn't get far in this playthrough though and decided I wanted to play with a different starter. I reset my file, completely forgetting that my Shiny...
  8. techitisJ

While searching for a new Shiny Dedenne (because I lost my first one I got a couple of years back) in an Electric Friend Safari in Pokemon X, I stumbled upon a Shiny Galvantula after around an hour and a half of encounters (I'm not keeping track), caught her and named her Stella. I'm still on...
  9. techitisJ

Was watching someone do some Masuda hunting, so I decided to join them and work on my Galarian Ponyta. I wasn't even paying attention to my own hunt when 14 encounters later, I hear the sound of the sparkle. I look up, and there's my shiny baby after around 490 eggs. I called him Mint, and I...
  10. techitisJ

Working on some Sword and Shield Shiny hunts now. Don't quite have the Shiny Charm yet, just waiting for Pokemon Home to come out so I can transfer over Zamazenta and a few other Shield exclusives that I haven't managed to obtain through Wonder Trade. My current hunts are Battle Chaining for...
  11. techitisJ

I was just bopping around in Let's Go Pikachu for the heck of it, using the zoom feature on the switch to Zoom in and adore my Shiny Eevee I transferred up from Go. A thought went through my head like "gosh I hope a shiny doesn't pop up right now and I'm missing it". Not 2 seconds later a Shiny...
  12. techitisJ

Was watching a shiny hunting stream and decided I wanted to do some friend Safari encounters while watching. 8 encounters later I get a Shiny Noibat in my Pokemon X game. Shiny Noibat is one of my favorite shinies, so that was really hype. Cannot believe I got it so quickly.
  13. techitisJ

So I'm playing through a new run of Pokemon Moon, since it's summer and Gen 7 is pretty great for a summer time game. I ran into a Pikipek on Route 4, and decided to just use my Sylveon to defeat it since I needed the experience. Well as I switch to my Sylveon it calls in a friend. I faint the...
  14. techitisJ

Never mentioned this one here apparently, but I got a shiny on the day a new Pokemon game came out. I had just bought Let's Go Pikachu a few hours before this happened, it was the day it came out, and I was running through Viridian Forest. I guess it was because I was starting a chain for...
  15. techitisJ

Just realized it's been nearly a year since I last got a shiny, and I don't think I even mentioned that one (shiny Cottonee, SOSed, evolved to Whimsicott), and its been over a year since I did Masuda Method Well this morning in Celebration of Pokemon Go gen 4 being out really soon I was like...
  16. techitisJ

Now that USUM are out, and I'm far enough in it, I have started doing SOS hunts. I really need to beat through thegame so I can start wormhole hunting. I did 100 SOS encounters for Zorua, and 150-something for Noibat. If I hunt again soon it will probably be Noibat again, since I've always...
  17. techitisJ

It's been a while since I've gotten a shiny, but I have not really actively hunted for anything really. I've done some Litten hatching, and started some Espurr hatching recently. Last week I chained for Bounsweet in the rain, so chance for Goomy, no luck but I also gave up a hundred encounters...
  18. techitisJ

Realized I forgot to post this, I think I was saving it for when I got another shiny, but that hasnt happened yet. About a few days after getting my Dedenne, I decided to do some SOS hunting again, so I went for a Rockruff. A speedy shiny that was at 68 SOS encounters. I was quite surprised. I...
  19. techitisJ

Wow congrats! People go ages and ages resetting or a shiny starter, especilly in that game because the idea of having a shiny Pokemon following you is just awesome. That's so cool. Sorry it wasn't the Cyndaquil, but Shiny Totodile is still really awesome.
  20. techitisJ

Decided to go for Dedenne, since Dedenne's shiny is my fav, or at least in the top 5. Because my last two Masudas were so close to each other in the amount of eggs I hatched for them. I ended up getting it on the 306th egg. I'm on vacation with my family right now, and we're just hanging out in...
Back
Top Bottom