Search results for query: *

1. unrepentantAuthor

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Nobody's stopping you!
  2. unrepentantAuthor

Regarding the dragon's villainy, it sounds like you've answered your own question. Regarding the second, why would person B be tasked with such a thing if they have no way to accomplish it?
  3. unrepentantAuthor

The dragon is still an antagonist so long as it's an antagonising force, what you're reaally asking is whether it's a villain and that's up to you and what the story may explore. Not sure what you're getting at with your second question.
  4. unrepentantAuthor

@Ducky Mioda it's the more decent thing to do. I suggest you include attribution in an author's note.
  5. unrepentantAuthor

For civilised mon, some alternatives: urban, civil, lawful. For wild mon, some alternatives: feral, outlander, lawless.
  6. unrepentantAuthor

@Beth Pavell I thought LBS was alright. You didn't care for it? Regarding the toopic of pokémon writing, I expect they might use pots of dye or ink with accompanying quill pens. However, the PMD world doesn't seem like a society with abundant literature, more like a premodern culture with low...
  7. unrepentantAuthor

A block of dialogue can be interesting! The other night, I read a chapter of The Secret Commonwealth where a guy exposits a cultural myth for three solid pages of uninterrupted monologuing. And it was fun!
  8. unrepentantAuthor

@jasonwolf I would originally have said to edit, but you've since elaborated that the changes are really quite drastic. My recommendation to you is that you get the story in good shape up to the current point of writing, and start publishing it in a new thread, using the existing material as a...
  9. unrepentantAuthor

@BackSet How old are they now? Do you need them to be friends since childhood? That will make a lot of difference.
  10. unrepentantAuthor

@Greninjaman Why not? It's your story. You can do as you like. As I keep saying when you ask questions along these lines, there is no Fiction Police with weird unwritten rules who will come along and arrest you for naming a Dwarf Bob instead of Garanthrum.
  11. unrepentantAuthor

Ash's continual "square one" experiences as generations roll over is a necessity for the franchise's rigid progression, but it irritates longtime viewers. I understand this. The solution is not to continually creep Ash's power levels up, however. The solution is a new protagonist. I really...
  12. unrepentantAuthor

"Better Ash" is just something people come up with for catharsis. When I was a kid in school and bullied often, reading about vengeful characters was vindicating, satisfying, even soothing. I can understand why people would write Ash giving out beatings to antagonists, or even his friends, if...
  13. unrepentantAuthor

It's a tough question, @canisaries, and it does depend a lot on the specifics (this is true every time a writing question is asked, of course). Perhaps if it's significant that little or no character change has occured, you could find a way to give characters an opportunity to demonstrate that...
  14. unrepentantAuthor

I like Canis' suggestions, but I'd like to add "sussurating whisper" for ralts and "clicks, chirps and hissing" for pawniard.
  15. unrepentantAuthor

As an alternative approach to thinking through an arbitrary and sophisticated mass ranking system, @Nitro Indigo, you may want to consider simply having an exponential number of pokémon appear. Day one, just a handful of them arrive. Day 100, there are many thousands. Just flagging up one...
  16. unrepentantAuthor

@Snuggle Tier List - need more info. Sealed against what? IS there a locking system? (You'd think there would be for a metal door)
  17. unrepentantAuthor

@Snuggle Tier List I've heard that Japan's conviction rate is so high only because prosecutors don't have the budget to bring any but the most obviously guilty suspects to trial.
  18. unrepentantAuthor

I was so confident you meant the brand of giant shoes, I didn't even bother clicking the link to see ankle braces. Oops.
  19. unrepentantAuthor

@canisaries Fair enough! But behold: Recognising the gender of other pokemon can be put down to scent if you like. That's the bullshit I use! As for "ambiguous they," I just insist on using it and expect other people to learn. It's one of the few cases where I really don't care if it's...
  20. unrepentantAuthor

@canisaries I tend to use "they" off the bat if gender is uncertain rather than "it" in the first place, but that's not really what's going on here. As for switching to other pronouns, you've got a slightly tricky/awkward context. I'd probably do it the moment the narration verifies the...
Back
Top Bottom