Search results for query: *

1. unrepentantAuthor

POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

I recently read The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet and I loved it. It's found-family sci-fi comfort reading. Also gave me my first experience of shipping something incredibly indulgent and having it pay off!
  2. unrepentantAuthor

Been reading The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. Good stuff. My jam.
  3. unrepentantAuthor

Currently reading a proof copy of book called Feathertide, for my book club thing. Just a chapter a day on average. It's okay, but the protagonist is extraordinarily perceptive and insightful for a girl who spent her whole life being raised in a brothel's basement. Also, most of her problems are...
  4. unrepentantAuthor

Just binged Doe of Deadwood, which is a comic about a cursed deer hosted on deviantART, of all things. It was good stuff, honestly. A really messed-up premise and plenty of macabre content. The ideas from it will be sitting in my head for some time to come, I'm sure.
  5. unrepentantAuthor

We recently finished Good Omens, which is an old favourite of mine and many people may enjoy, and I recently finished Blue Mars, the conclusion to a trilogy I've loved for a while but has incredibly niche appeal and is practically appealling to me, directly.
  6. unrepentantAuthor

@Juliko I really want to read the Avatar stuff. Let me know what you make of it! We recently finished Pan's Labyrinth, which I thought was an excellent adaptation to be honest. Really lovely illustrations too. Really sad. I've started on How To Be Right, a book by radio presenter James O'Brien...
  7. unrepentantAuthor

I read that one more than a decade ago. Maybe I should give it a reread sometime.
  8. unrepentantAuthor

The Memory Police, by Yoko Ogawa. Living with censorship and fascism on an island where "disappearances" fade from memory, leaving less and less of the culture and the people there. Miserably beautiful.
  9. unrepentantAuthor

We've started re-reading Holes, which we're both very fond of. We'll get through it in no time, I expect. cx
  10. unrepentantAuthor

Recently read Follow Me To Ground, by Sue Rainsford. Wrote a short review for the proof club. It's deliciously weird. It does that worldbuilding thing I love where it drip-feeds the weirdness and leaves you to draw conclusions. It never quite explains why or how the magical elements are the...
  11. unrepentantAuthor

Fan-nonfiction, then? I checked out that game you recommended — it's okay, but I don't think it's especially brilliant.
  12. unrepentantAuthor

@Snuggle Tier List - may I ask why writing your fanfic depends on understanding gaming taxonomies?
  13. unrepentantAuthor

Snuggle's Kaijumon! It was good. And fairly short, you could get through it pretty quick if you want to try something new. Check it out if you like stories about kids and monsters.
  14. unrepentantAuthor

Spent a couple hours yesterday on Nocturna, by Maya Motayne. It's my second assigned book for the pre-release book club my local bookstore has started. Latinx-inspired YA fantasy. Seems to lift a lot of ideas from other sources and the prose is rife with exposition dumps, but it's pretty cute so...
  15. unrepentantAuthor

Truckloads of fanfic, the last several days, all for a show (and pairing) I'm currently fixated on. It's been a while! It's very much a "junk food binge" type of reading experience, flicking through without much presence of mind. It's been a while since I last did that sort of thing.
  16. unrepentantAuthor

The Last Question is good! I recently read the Homestuck epilogues, which came out this month. 200k words over a span of about 48 hours. Blimey. Sent me flying back to circa 2012. Well written, interesting, and deeply uncomfortable writing.
  17. unrepentantAuthor

So, I recently read about 60% of Tangle's Game, which I got a proof copy of via my local bookstore as part of a sort of book club event they've thought up. The premise is that a woman gets sent a USB drive containing malware and everyone is now after her. And the Russians are doing...
  18. unrepentantAuthor

We recently finished The Secret Garden, which was charming. Now we're on to The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents, which was the very first Pratchett work I read as a kid and haven't touched in about a decade.
  19. unrepentantAuthor

We've started The Secret Garden, a childhood favourite of Partner's. It's cute so far. A bit of its time.
  20. unrepentantAuthor

Partner and I finished His Dark Materials a little while ago, then La Belle Sauvage, and now we're most of the way through The Humans, which was a recommendation by my favourite uni writing teacher. It's pretty good. Not sure what we'll read next! I really need to get back to reading Blue Mars...
Back
Top Bottom