Search results for query: *

1. venusboi79

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I’ve waited almost 13 years for this moment. Now I just need to finish PLA so I can get a second Shaymin to have both forms in my living dex.
  2. venusboi79

I remember reactions, just not specific ones from those games; but they really do add to the sense of satisfaction of beating the trainers. Even if they do just have Geodudes and Magicarps.
  3. venusboi79

So, one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the “reaction” animations after you beat random trainers. My favorite has to be the female swimmers; the curled fist and gritted teeth make even the most banal dialogue hilarious.
  4. venusboi79

Where are you making the poffins? From what I understand, you’ll get the best results from using the Poffin Maker in Amity Square and utilizing 6 Pokémon with max affection. I’m horrible at the stirring bit and always seem to burn my batter a little. But in spite of that (and only having two of...
  5. venusboi79

I’ve never gotten the impression that GF/Masuda/etc. think they can get people to throw away their mobile phones or stop playing mobile games. Whenever I’ve read interviews where mobile gaming comes up, it feels more like they realize that the landscape has changed and they need to make changes...
  6. venusboi79

When it comes to the pre-order bonus; I’m assuming it’s because they don’t want to “compete” with the bonuses from their retail partners. Companies pay lots of money for exclusivity (across the board, not just video games). And GF/Nintendo make money from every purchase, regardless of where you...
  7. venusboi79

I was so excited about the new LoA info, I almost completely forgot that BDSP dropped a new trailer as well! I love how they’ve found a new way to integrate the Pokétch; and I’m over the moon with how they’re treating HMs. It’s such a simple solution; roadblocks still exist, Pokémon help you...
  8. venusboi79

It’s removed from SWSH; nothing is stopping them from adding it back in other games.
  9. venusboi79

Technically, there’s also Dialga, Palkia and Giratina… But I get your point.
  10. venusboi79

Typically the phrasing you’re using is meant to imply that multiple tasks/activities were performed by one person (or in this case, a singular studio), and one of them was obviously given more attention. Apparently that wasn’t your intent, but that’s where the “argument” is coming from.
  11. venusboi79

I’d say its more like going to a burger joint that recently changed the spice recipe in their beef; it might not be to your taste anymore, but the change was intentional, and your dislike comes from preference, not unplanned design. There’s nothing wrong with disliking an art style; I...
  12. venusboi79

First of all, indie games have the “unknown” factor. For every Stardew Valley, there’s 400 barely polished cow patties, and several dozen other games in between. It’s rare that you’ll find one close to the same pricing as an entry in an established, popular franchise. For good reason...
  13. venusboi79

While I’m willing to admit I’m wrong once more details come out; I’m positive that the term “faithful recreation” was used to assure viewers that this won’t be something like LGPE (or the new Legends game for that matter). What that means exactly is still up in the air. But I know that many...
  14. venusboi79

Which is most likely why that screenshot gets tossed up so frequently; much like the screenshot of that poor, maligned tree in SWSH. With little to no context in actual gameplay, it reinforces the poster’s vendetta against lazy, greedy GF who are just capitalizing off of stupid sheeple who will...
  15. venusboi79

I actually like the overworld models a bit better, tbh; while I would have preferred SWSH models for the whole game, there’s a certain toyetic quality to the overworld sprites that suits the franchise and its history. And yes; I’m sure there are several new elements that we haven’t been shown...
  16. venusboi79

Exactly. Personally, I had a tendency to trade in games/systems when new ones came out to help lessen the financial blow. This game came out what, 15 years ago? Good luck just walking into your local game store and finding a copy that isn’t marked up 2-3 times its original selling price, if they...
  17. venusboi79

The attitude that Go players (or mobile game players in general) are just a group of easily distracted casuals who need to constantly be monitored lest they accidentally swallow a toy truck is pretty silly. Especially in a franchise like Pokémon (which has always had a certain stigma of being a...
Back
Top Bottom