Search results for query: *

1. voidcritter

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Nah, I checked, and they need more specifics. Anyway, I'll figure this out. Anyway. Which version of the Gen VII games is everyone getting? I'm going for Moon myself.
  2. voidcritter

So the rules state that we have to say what sort of mature content is in an M-rated story, and I respect that...I'm trying to figure out how best to do that for a story element that's a plot twist, however.
  3. voidcritter

Wouldn't Ash still be 10 in 60 years?
  4. voidcritter

I didn't like Shuckle before, but now it's one of my favorite Pokemon. I think that back when I hated Shuckle, I wasn't really into battling? But now I've learned to enjoy it more, and I found that it's a pretty epic troll Pokemon. I also thought the inanimate object Pokemon were stupid when I...
  5. voidcritter

Didn't really like the first episode (although generic pikasqueaks are much more palatable to me than Pokemon Speak), but the second was kinda fun. If it's just little snippets of worldbuilding, I think I might like that. Not really expecting anything epic as far as story goes.
  6. voidcritter

Looking at the ratings guide, here's my own two cents on the matter: -I find it odd that references to criminal activity are only covered in Teen, while alcohol is only covered in Mature. This would potentially get awkward if, say, you have an E-rated fic where an evil team is just doing their...
  7. voidcritter

To be honest, there's a few words I don't consider swears at all, and words like "damn" or "hell" are right about on the borderline of that.
  8. voidcritter

Context is everything, as well as how often and how explicit you are about your content. For instance, Steven Universe, one of my fandoms besides Pokemon, has plenty of dark themes and references to violence in backstory, but is still intended for children. Likewise, one of my other fandoms...
  9. voidcritter

I'm just happy that AZ gets to be in a thing, given that he was one of my favorite gameverse characters.
  10. voidcritter

What I'd actually like to see more fic writers do is incorporate some tactics used in the metagame/competitive battling scene into their battles, or, more broadly, adopt a more trollish and unpredictable battling style. Seeing a Pokemon who appears to be obviously weaker come out on top because...
  11. voidcritter

Thank god, I was getting worried there. Oh well, it's fixed now.
  12. voidcritter

...I don't like the new site layout.
  13. voidcritter

So in the lieu of new info for Sun/Moon... "Team Skull has a bone to pick with you"? I'm trying to STOP making the stupid Undertale jokes. (Seriously, I keep calling Alolan Exeggutor Lesser Egg.)
  14. voidcritter

Team "Mr. Bones' Wild Ride"
  15. voidcritter

If anything, though, I think the designs have gotten more creative as time goes on. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1 and I can't forget such creative designs as Blob, Bigger Blob, Eggs, Rock, Bigger Rock, Biggest Rock, Just a Fucking Real-world Common Animal, Plants, Bigger Plants, and...
  16. voidcritter

I tried to make sense of some Pokemon things a while, but for most things I just throw up my hands and go "...fuck it." I do, however, try to tone down a lot of the ridiculousness in the Pokedex (such as Slugma apparently being hotter than the sun and Alakazam having a 5000 IQ, which I just...
  17. voidcritter

Some of the lines I've considered using for myself are the Pineco, Timburr, Vanillite, Solosis, Pawniard, and Shroomish lines. I find I tend to like a lot of the quirkier Pokemon in general.
  18. voidcritter

I've been having a little bit of fun with Pokemon Go, but I'm not really seeing how it got like, SUPER popular. Right now I'm taking an inventory of what Pokemon tend to be really woefully underused in fics (especially as the Pokemon of main characters).
  19. voidcritter

The books are really great, but as someone who hasn't yet watched the show I also want to know someone else's opinion...
  20. voidcritter

Now we just need an icewolf and I'll be happy. I'm also going to get Honedge (or Malamar), and either Swirlix or Spritzee for my Fairy-type.
Back
Top Bottom