Search results for query: *

1. voidcritter

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Without knowledge of what kind of accent you want to use, I can't give a whole lot of advice, but a slight peppering of phonetic spelling mixed with some dialect terms is a good way to go. You said you wanted to make it slightly more difficult to parse, so the only thing I can really think of is...
  2. voidcritter

So I'm doing a reboot of a fic I started but never finished some years ago, and I need some input regarding localized vs. Japanese names. I'm going with the first four regions in the gameverse being based off Japan, so I wanted the characters and towns from Kanto to Sinnoh to have their...
  3. voidcritter

Expanding on what Flaze just said, the team leader's Pokemon can also provide a valuable insight into just what kind of person they are. For example, both the Magma/Aqua leaders and Cyrus had a Crobat, which could possibly be interpreted as them not being totally bad (remember, Crobat evolves by...
  4. voidcritter

@Teapot Salty: Any reason they have to run away? Family problems (doesn't have to be abuse or not being allowed to be a trainer, just plain old tension is fine) could be one justification. Would it be too obstructive to put little blurbs at the beginning of each chapter giving away important...
  5. voidcritter

@Vulcan: A simple "he spent hours running" would suffice, actually. Maybe dress up the sentence a little so that it doesn't sound as prosaic, but otherwise, it's not a very good idea to spend more than one paragraph on something that doesn't affect the plot very much. @Elric: Perhaps a mix of...
  6. voidcritter

I just gloss over most parts of training sessions, except especially pivotal points--the beginning and end, as others have pointed out, but also when the character learns something that's going to be plot-relevant later on (see TVTropes' articles on Chekhov's Skill and Chekhov's Lecture). Any...
Back
Top Bottom