Search results for query: *

1. Y

Controversial opinions

Psyduck was very funny but it did stop appearing in Johto for the most part outside a few episodes. Keep in mind the OS was based more on humor than battles, the writers obviously never cared about showcasing Misty (or Brock) as battlers in the OS. Ever since Misty returned to the Gym she's come...
  2. Y

Controversial opinions

I'm pretty sure Iris actually has more on-screen battles than Misty strictly comparing the OS to BW. I'm not sure if people count Psyduck popping out of its ball to get a headache as a traditional battle, and not counting stuff like Team Rocket blast-offs, I do believe Iris has more. For the...
  3. Y

Controversial opinions

I personally think Iris should have been written like Sapphire from the manga and they should have played up her fun loving jungle personality, rather than give her some Misty 2.0 qualities and among the other stuff they didn't exactly follow through with her like all her dragon oriented stuff...
  4. Y

Controversial opinions

It's more that the writers don't really reference things after the OS with rare exceptions. Everything from what is now the middle seasons, AG/DP and BW...and soon XY, all suffer from what is essentially "middle child syndrome" where it's not part of the nostalgic original series or whatever the...
  5. Y

Controversial opinions

Lana's personality is very funny and unique compared to past pokegirls, which is why she's become so popular. Most of the eps that focus on her are good too, and she has nice moments bonding with Mallow as her friend in various eps too. It's hard to describe really, but she is basically a mix of...
  6. Y

Controversial opinions

People complain about the main cast having so few pokemon, but I actually prefer this approach to the past. Misty/Brock had tons of pokemon they either barely used, hardly every battled, and most of them with few exceptions like Psyduck/Croagunk generally had no personality. I mean what's the...
  7. Y

Controversial opinions

One thing I like about the current cast is they're defined by their personalities first and their goals second. Like nobody thinks of Lana as just some girl who likes water pokemon, people think of her personality first. A lot of past characters were defined more by what they did in the anime...
  8. Y

Controversial opinions

In many ways I don't think many of the older characters and dynamics aged very well due to the old structure of the show. Ash's companions were generally treated like background characters in every episode until the writers specifically have a companion with a focus episode. Besides that most...
  9. Y

Controversial opinions

To be fair, every time we've had an Eevee on the main cast it barely does anything but act cute and then eventually only there to evolve. Only reason Lana's may not is because of Let's Go Eevee and Vaporeon is such an old pokemon the writers probably won't bother.
  10. Y

Controversial opinions

Truth. And Lana. :D I'm not sure if this is controversial or not, but Veronica Taylor did a better job voicing May than Ash, at least IMO. Ash's voice was fine in the dub, but she truly excelled at May in only half the time since it was 3 years for her vs. 8 for Ash.
  11. Y

Controversial opinions

I genuinely prefer all the male companions we've gotten since over Brock, like Cilan, the duo of Bonnie and Clemont and Kiawe. I don't hate Brock, but he just long overstayed his welcome. I didn't think Tracey was too bad either, just the writers didn't use him well.
  12. Y

Controversial opinions

The secondary rivals and Don battle tournaments were the best part of BW. Some early/mid BW filler was good too, but all the important aspects or story stuff was a mess. And serious Team Rocket was handled so badly I don't even know why they bothered. Likewise Ash didn't have to be reset in BW...
  13. Y

Controversial opinions

If you've never seen them before the old seasons still hold up, bar the battles being weaker compared to DP/XY and the characters generally get stagnant in Johto and everyone but May and to a lesser extent Ash in Hoenn, but there's still plenty of great eps in the first decade of the show. It's...
  14. Y

Controversial opinions

Even as a kid I remember instantly noticing how much better the digital animation looked for the last 15 or so Johto eps into AG, over all of early/mid Johto which looked very bland. I also think the colors stand out more because the Hoenn cast were color coordinated (Ash was mostly blue, May...
  15. Y

Controversial opinions

Interesting you say that, I just came across a twitter post recently with people saying how much they like the switch to digital animation in late Johto or early AG: View: https://twitter.com/CaptainPiika/status/1106690980915236864
  16. Y

Controversial opinions

Um, yes? I remember Grace, she was actually one of my favorite one-shot rivals. The point of showing May battle a bunch of one-off characters is the writers were trying to introduce us to the coordinator world, and show us lots of different characters and why they would be interested in them...
  17. Y

Controversial opinions

My problem with Kenny is his entire character, from design to role in the show, was just completely forgettable. I think they should have introduced Ursula a lot earlier and just focused on Zoey and Ursula being Dawn's main two rivals. If you were to remove Kenny from the story almost nothing...
  18. Y

Controversial opinions

I think SM is better than people give it credit for, it’s only problems is the lack of battles and Ash’s lackluster team. The main cast isn’t any less developed than past companions where Brock, Clemont, Serena, etc would all spend a large chunk of time not doing anything. I think dividing the...
Back
Top Bottom