• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

0_o What was that?

Here's one you get early in the game, but I still haven't been able to forget:

One of the Sages in Sprout Tower makes a reference to swaying "like a leaf in/on the wind" after you beat him.

Easy not to read into it, because it's Sprout Tower, but this is also Wash's catchphrase in Serenity, so when I read that, I got sad.

Come to think of it, there's another one. It's very vague, and it's just a little piece, but still... It's that kid on Route 30, calling you for a re-match when he says something like "I promise, it will be different this time!" and something else like that. XD It kind of sounds like he wants to get back together after a break up or something.

I remember this one pinicker after battle was like, "Can I have your number? We can talk about Clefairy..."
A thought in my head: No, I do not want to talk JUST about Clefairy!

Another time I remember Fisherman Ralph was said at the end of a call to talk to my mom more often...

Hiker on Route 45: "Boy, do I love HP Up! Mmmm, yum! I keep drinking my Pokemon's! I can't help it!"

o_O

I called Baoba while I was in his room and he said something about doing never doing it this close

Yep when I got Falkner's number I was thinking "I don't want to talk about your dad I want to just...go steady if you know what I mean you already got a romantic view from your gym *flirtatious growl*"

Yep when I got Falkner's number I was thinking "I don't want to talk about your dad I want to just...go steady if you know what I mean you already got a romantic view from your gym *flirtatious growl*"

This.

This is my what the fuck moment.

Love Balls are funnier.

Imagine Barry White saying, "You got the Love Balls."

Lolwut?

Here's one you get early in the game, but I still haven't been able to forget:

One of the Sages in Sprout Tower makes a reference to swaying "like a leaf in/on the wind" after you beat him.

Easy not to read into it, because it's Sprout Tower, but this is also Wash's catchphrase in Serenity, so when I read that, I got sad.

ARGH I hate you I'll never be able to play the Sprout Tower again

On a more related note, there was a swimmer on I think Route 20 who simply says "Mmmff! Mmmmmmff! Mmmmf Mmmf Mmmmmmmmmf!" when she challenges you to a battle. Turns out she was holding her breath, but it was certainly a wtf moment when I first talked to her.

My WTF-moments when I arrived at Ecruteak today:

1) I go to the gym, get told that Morty's not there and then an old man throws me out!o_O That was really rude ¬¬

2) Oh well, so I go to the burnt tower and a sign tells me it's dangerous to go in. However, when you get in, there are five more people in there (so much for reading signs), not to mention I battled 3 of them while the floor could collapse any minute xD

3) Firebreathers in the burnt tower...that just made my day.

4) Joey calling me four times at night, asking me if I was awake...sometimes I wish his rattata would eat him or something.

When Lyra called and said "Something weird happen, I was walking and looked behind me and Marill evolved into Azumarill"

Then I went to see Lyra at her house and she still had a damn Marill.

It couldn't be some random Pokemon, she had to lie just to fit a script of things she'd say.

I hate when someone says something on the Pokegear, that's really inaccurate. Something like this (although I doubt it would ever happen): "I did it, I caught a Sandshrew, its great" but then you later rematch them, and they don't have the Sandshrew.

A few things since my last post.

Lt. Surge made me capture a Pikachu just to get his phone number.

2 of Camper Todd's Pokemon are seriously underleveled. I'm trying to catch a Pokemon for Pokewalker and wanted to train my Dratini so I thought the one rematch I get in a blue moon would help. He has 2 level 17 Geodude, which is great because my Dratini was close to that level. His last Pokemon was Psyduck, so I was like okay let's do this, dragon rage knocked out maybe more than half of its health. Right when Psyduck used confusion I inadvertently looked at it's level 31, then I was like "Noooooooooooooooo" and then it stopped in the half way range and then I sighed, and preceded to knock out a Pokemon that was twice the level of my Dratini. Lucky, but still WTF was up with the level 17 Geodude.

When you enter the Burned Tower, Eusine tells you not to approach Entei, Raikou and Suicune because they'll flee...so what do you do?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom