• Bulbacast is back with a new episode in advance of tomorrow's Direct. Watch it on YouTube here.

1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Pokémo

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Pokémon

According to a press release, Pokémon Black and White versions sold 1.08 million copies on the first day of US release and broke the previous Pokémon sales record-holder, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions.

Read more on Bulbanews

Shiny Celebi

Captain of the Survey Corps
Reaction score
Re: 1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Po

This is awesome. It sold as well in Japan too. Obviously its a popular game

Dialgarules

Nemo me impune lacessit
Reaction score
Re: 1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Po

I'm one of those :D

Baroque

WITTY TITLE NOT FOUND
Reaction score

YAY. I account for 0.000297619047619% of that sale number. So proud of myself.

Frugrow

Reaction score

Very happy to read this. The mall tours and Gamestop giveaways helped a lot I bet.

Eitarou

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score

*Feels proud*

I'm sure Gen VI will destroy this gens sales

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score

Pokémon power, I can feel it. :D

Frugrow

Reaction score

*Feels proud*

I'm sure Gen VI will destroy this gens sales
I wouldn't be so sure about that...The 6th Gen Pokemon games will inevitably be made for the 3DS and I don't see the sales of 3DS surprising the DS's.

That's still about 4 years away so we'll see..

Youngster_Joey

Hurrrrr...
Reaction score

YAY. I account for 0.000297619047619% of that sale number. So proud of myself.
Pretty much the same here.

I hope the game reviews are as positive as the sales.

33Whimsicott33

CottonSheepFairy
Reaction score

Repeated success like Japan's launch day? Is that unusual?

Opal

No one
Reaction score

Really? Does anyone have the overall stats, including Europe at least? It's kind of cool thinking of it in perspective, knowing that each of a good number of us here bought at least one copy to make up such a huge number.

That Guy

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score

Can I just say...

This means that Pokemon White put Nintendo...in the black! :lol:
...No?

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score

The sales are tremendous! It really puts me at ease that Pokemon is still a very successful franchise, despite what the naysayers want happen.

Thanks for reading.

PokemonHero

Don't make Twilight angry
Reaction score

If you think this was big, a few months ago, Black Ops sold 5.6 million on the first day.
The game is also available over a number of platforms, which helps sales numbers. Not to mention that there are probably more home consoles here in the US than there are handhelds, meaning that there's a larger base to sell to.

I admit that I'm surprised. Not only did this game break the previous first day sales, but it shattered it. Just goes to show that the franchise is still popular.

Kyuuketsuki

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse
Reaction score

People still play Pokémon? Losers...

But seriously, it was kind of expected. These games had the most hype and in my opinion, surpassed the expectations.