• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Pokémo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Pokémon

According to a press release, Pokémon Black and White versions sold 1.08 million copies on the first day of US release and broke the previous Pokémon sales record-holder, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Versions.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: 1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Po

I'm one of those :D

Re: 1.08 million copies of Black and White sold on U.S. launch day: New record for Po

YAY. I account for 0.000297619047619% of that sale number. So proud of myself.

Very happy to read this. The mall tours and Gamestop giveaways helped a lot I bet.

Pokémon power, I can feel it. :D

*Feels proud*

I'm sure Gen VI will destroy this gens sales

I wouldn't be so sure about that...The 6th Gen Pokemon games will inevitably be made for the 3DS and I don't see the sales of 3DS surprising the DS's.

That's still about 4 years away so we'll see..

YAY. I account for 0.000297619047619% of that sale number. So proud of myself.

Pretty much the same here.

I hope the game reviews are as positive as the sales.

Repeated success like Japan's launch day? Is that unusual?

Really? Does anyone have the overall stats, including Europe at least? It's kind of cool thinking of it in perspective, knowing that each of a good number of us here bought at least one copy to make up such a huge number.

Can I just say...

This means that Pokemon White put Nintendo...in the black! :lol:
...No?

The sales are tremendous! It really puts me at ease that Pokemon is still a very successful franchise, despite what the naysayers want happen.

Thanks for reading.

If you think this was big, a few months ago, Black Ops sold 5.6 million on the first day.

The game is also available over a number of platforms, which helps sales numbers. Not to mention that there are probably more home consoles here in the US than there are handhelds, meaning that there's a larger base to sell to.

I admit that I'm surprised. Not only did this game break the previous first day sales, but it shattered it. Just goes to show that the franchise is still popular.

People still play Pokémon? Losers...

But seriously, it was kind of expected. These games had the most hype and in my opinion, surpassed the expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom