• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1 mil Pre-Sold, 1.5 mil expected before release

Gamestop is flipping full of lies. They don't know when the American release is. No one does. They just have a preorder up so they can make money off it. You know what happened with HG/SS. Only after a certain date would you get the figures, and even if you didn't want them, the official price was jacked up from what Gamespot thought it was. If you got it at the earlier price, you would have to give them the extra money when you went to get it. Do NOT preorder it from them, you WILL get screwed.

I never pre-order American Games. I always just go there on the first day they come out, and pick up a copy :/ They're never out of stock when I go there.

I never pre-order American Games. I always just go there on the first day they come out, and pick up a copy :/ They're never out of stock when I go there.

Well, some people usually pre-order cause there's some extra gift that comes with the game, not just to ensure they will get a copy on the first day.

Yes, it did.

But didn't you see the title.. ?

And it's expected to reach a million and a half by the release date. :]

Yeah it's amazing and that is JUST Japan alone we haven't even factered the N. american release which ca also be preordered hell I'm pretty sure it's pre-sold over a million over here as well I can see Pokemon surpass Mario in a Gen or two I mean 20 mil more then pokemon isn't thast much expesiually counting the fact Mario has been around ten eyars longer

Heh this is great news. Now hopefully they are going to be great games, I'm sick and tired of 4th gen already and it was a pretty bad generation up until HG/SS imo.

But I'm still debating whether to buy both Black and White >_<

I pre-ordered one; might buy the second one later on.

I pre-ordered one; might buy the second one later on.

That belongs in the "Preordering the Japan games" thread, thought I should let you know. :]

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses Mario by the time the 3rd version of Black and White comes out or the RS remakes. :]
It's really exciting that the franchise I grew up with is going to someday pass Mario, which is older than me. :D

That belongs in the "Preordering the Japan games" thread, thought I should let you know. :]

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses Mario by the time the 3rd version of Black and White comes out or the RS remakes. :]
It's really exciting that the franchise I grew up with is going to someday pass Mario, which is older than me. :D

Mario is older than most of us. :D

Remember, Black and White sales statistics will be combined from both versions, with some people getting both.

Still, bloody impressive. All Pokémon has to do, is beat Call of Duty xD
I'd like to say that Pokemon games generally have a longer shelf life than most other games, but there's just something about Modern Warfare 2 that gets everybody buyin'. That game is still selling. It garnered the #10 spot in the NPD Top Ten last month by virtue of just sheer willpower or something. That's incredibly difficult to beat.

Black Ops is coming later this year, made by different people, but it's sure to be another commercial success. I hope a million pre-orders is just the start for Black and White.

Damn... that's quite a bit for pre-orders. Black and White being the first handheld Pokemon games in history to make that much in pre-orders really says something about these games.:ksmile:

Wow...I never expected B/W to get popular just before its release. I think that the US would surpass Japan in terms of selling B/W (around 2 million by the first week).

I wouldn't be suprised if I had a little trouble getting them... and it wouldn't matter if I pre-ordered them or if I bought 'em straight-up. Wii shortage all over again.:p

That'd be awesome if they came with Reshiram and Zekrom figures... I'm starting to get into the habit of collecting them. 'Tis too bad that I threw out my Giratina figure after getting Platinum...

Wow...I never expected B/W to get popular just before its release.

Pokemon is one of the most popular gaming series to date. If I recall correctly, it's the top selling handheld series.

This gen is highly anticipated due to all of the throwbacks, changes, etc.

I think ever since Pokemon D/P, Pokemon has become much more popular than before. I remember looking at some of the sales statistics on Pokemon R/G/B, comparing it to G/S and R/S and wondering why the series had slowed down so much (Sales went from 10mil -> 7.5mil ->5mil) and when R/G/B would ever be beaten in sales by a future generation. Then, D/P came out and sales shot up to around 17mil, which rather surprised me.

After thinking about the increase in popularity since D/P (HG/SS sold 8mil as remakes, btw), I'm not really surprised anymore by the pre-order stats on Pokemon B/W.

I remember looking at some of the sales statistics on Pokemon R/G/B, comparing it to G/S and R/S and wondering why the series had slowed down so much (Sales went from 10mil -> 7.5mil ->5mil) and when R/G/B would ever be beaten in sales by a future generation. Then, D/P came out and sales shot up to around 17mil, which rather surprised me.

After thinking about the increase in popularity since D/P (HG/SS sold 8mil as remakes, btw), I'm not really surprised anymore by the pre-order stats on Pokemon B/W.
Pardon my bluntness, but your statistics for the earlier generations are way off - you only counted Japanese sales. I'm surprised that anyone could think that Diamond and Pearl actually surpassed Gold and Silver, let alone Red and Green (by a wide margin, at that). I suggest you go over the numbers again.

Pardon my bluntness, but your statistics for the earlier generations are way off, and I'm surprised that anyone could think that Diamond and Pearl actually surpassed Gold and Silver, let alone Red and Green (by a wide margin, at that). I suggest you go over the numbers again.

Wow, I must've missed that o_O. I was on VGChartz, too, but I must've only seen the region-based statistics. Oh well, at least D/P surpassed R/S so that proves my point about D/P being a somewhat rebirth of the series.

It will be interesting to see if Black and White can surpass Diamond and Pearl, which Junichi Masuda has stated as his goal. I would say that the games would need to have quite a few surprises to achieve that with certainty, or else it could go either way. We should also take into account that Diamond and Pearl increased DS and DS Lite sales, whereas I doubt Black and White will make of a difference in that regard.

I have a strong feeling that they will surpass Diamond and Pearl's sales, especially since it's stated that this is the largest number of pre-orders in history of the main handhelds. Words cannot describe teh awesomeness... o_O

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom