• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

10 posts before sending msgs?

ClubinMonkey

Reaction score
Hey, I just added a load of peoples friend codes for pokemon y and messaged them all to say add back etc. but then just realised that it says something along the lines of I must post 10 times before I can send private messages... Is that right? They're in my sent folder still and it didn't come up with an error or anything...

Basically do I need to go post on here 10x and then re send them or would it have gone through regardless? :/

Cheers

Hey, I just added a load of peoples friend codes for pokemon y and messaged them all to say add back etc. but then just realised that it says something along the lines of I must post 10 times before I can send private messages... Is that right? They're in my sent folder still and it didn't come up with an error or anything...

Basically do I need to go post on here 10x and then re send them or would it have gone through regardless? :/

Cheers
Yes you need a certain number of posts to PM. Just post in some threads and you should be good.

Gah! I have that same issue too.

Is there any reason for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's likely a safety measure to prevent spamming, advertising, or trolling others and the like. I wouldn't mind lowering or removing this limit altogether though, since those sorts of issues don't happen often and the restriction seems bothersome to a handful of new members (and I can see why).

Actually Sheep, the limit is there so spambots can't contact users. It's not very hard to get 5 or 10 posts, so I don't think it should be changed.

Aw man, this is sad. I'm having problems getting even 10 because my posts aren't appearing at all. I'm aware of the posting issues for newcomers, but what I need to know is, are my posts getting deleted?

I place spambots contacting members under the "spamming" category, yeah, but figured it was more deeply-rooted than just that. Thanks a lot for clearing it up for me, Musa!

Really sorry Flipper, we're trying our hardest to ensure we approve all posts in a timely manner. Hopefully this can all be resolved soon. :(

Yes, unfortunately a lot of legit posts get picked up by the spam filter. Sometimes it works too well.

I don't have 10 posts yet, but it seems I can send PMs, since people have replied to PMs I sent. However, I can't reply to any visitor messages I receive, since it says I need 5. How do I even get to visitor messages? I got their originally when I was notified I received one, but can't figure out how to get back there

I don't have 10 posts yet, but it seems I can send PMs, since people have replied to PMs I sent. However, I can't reply to any visitor messages I receive, since it says I need 5. How do I even get to visitor messages? I got their originally when I was notified I received one, but can't figure out how to get back there

It should be on your profile. Do you see a tab that says "Visitor Messages?"

It should be on your profile. Do you see a tab that says "Visitor Messages?"

Yeah, I found it eventually - I didn't realize that it was an option from My Profile originally, so I was looking elsewhere

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom