• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon Animé Mafia - Revenge of the Rivals - GAME OVER, Mafia win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
Pokémon Animé Mafia - Revenge of the Rivals

"And with Trip's last Pokémon down, the winner of the Unova leage is Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town!"

The crowd in the stadium roared. The final battle of the tournament had come and they were in no way disappointed at what they had witnessed. Ash ran up to his Pikachu and knelt by its side.

"We've did it buddy. We can challenge the Elite 4!"

Pikachu smiled back, barely capable of moving due to exhaustion from the battle. Ash looked up to thank Trip for the most memorable match in his life. There was no one there.

Trip stormed through the backstage area of the stadium, head down, not wanting to meet eyes with any of the employees working behind the scenes. These people were not who he wanted to speak with. Only specific individuals were on his mind. He needed to contact them as soon as possible if he wanted to make sure that the trainer from the boonies never achieved anything from his victory.

It's time to abandon the basics.

---​

Overview

Hi, and thank you for viewing this thread. Revenge of the Rivals is a mafia game that as you have guessed by now, is based on the Pokémon Animé, in a fictional future after the Unova League. It will involve animé characters only, and only characters that have appeared in an episode from the very first episode to BW27, the latest episode to have aired at the time of writing. Parts of the (very light) story will be revealed throughout the game, and actions taken by the players will have an effect. Players will each be given a role, which is a Pokémon.

Overall, this game aims to be a "standard" mafia game in that there are no unusual rules or gimicks, just a theme.

How mafia games work

Edited from Mintaka's, which is edited from Rayne's...
There are two sides for the players. One side is "Ash's Pokémon", and the other is the “Rival's Pokémon”. The majority of the players are Ash's Pokémon (I will sometimes (well, nearly always) refer to them as “innocent”). Rival's Pokémon will be sometimes referred to as "mafia". Many players will do so in themed games, so I recommend learning this.

Most of the innocent players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to outnumber the town players.
As soon as one side achieves its goal, the game ends.

At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is ‘killed’ or removed from play.

Mafia makes a kill during the Night phases.
(Just to avoid confusion; in this game, as long as at least one mafia player is alive during the night and they nominate a target to me, the night kill will be made.)

Some players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night, or anytime. There may be other conditions for activations so keep those conditions in mind. They will be stated in your role PM.

Rules

Please, please follow these rules. They are intended to make the game fair and enjoyable for every player as well as myself as host. Breaking some rules will result in a godkill, which means that I effectively kill the Pokémon that you are and you are out of play.

Edited from Mintaka's...
#1. As the host, I claim the right to add, edit, or delete rules as needed in this game.

#2. I will modkill for:
- Without warning: Role PMs can never be distributed. Don't share them. They cannot be posted in the thread. They cannot be shared via PMs. Even among mafia members, don't share your role PMs.
- Posting PM conversations in the thread. If you want to share them, do it ‘privately’ via PMs or QuickTopic. If you want to share information from a PM, then re-word it.
- Poor sportsmanship. We're here to have fun. I'll do my best not to make mistakes. Please bear with me.
- Inactivity: If you must be absent, then please tell me. I will not modkill or replace you then. But keep in mind; you can be killed in-game (lynch or night kill). You will be considered inactive if you do not post in the thread, contact myself or other players for three phrases consecutively. Inactivity kills the game and it is unfair on myself, and on other players, if you do not plan to be active by choice.

#3. I would like copies of your PMs. Conversations, planning, anything. It will help me write accurate plots and check for any mischief/mistakes. If you make a QuickTopic, please give me the link. If you use a name other than your username, tell me what name you’re using in the QT.

I have no idea how to use IRC channel or whatever else, so I’d appreciate it if you use QuickTopic. (Blame my ignorance and wacky laziness.)

#4. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me via PM. I will answer to the most extent possible.

#5. If you change your username, please post in the thread AND send me a Visitor Message/Private Message.

#6. Once you’re dead, please refrain from posting in the thread. Some simple “last words” should be fine. As for contacting via PMs or QT, I’ll be fine with that. I would like to limit to for sharing information acquired prior to death (like cop reports) or for strategic purposes. Send me the copies of the PMs, please.

#7. For voting, say "Vote: [player]" or "Lynch [player]". To cancel that, just post "Unvote: [player]" and then post a new name if you want to. You may vote to not lynch a player; please say "Vote: No lynch" for this.

For any vote, please bold your text. This will make it easier for me to tabulate votes as well as ensuring that I can change the phases more quickly, which results in a smoother game.

About night actions, you can change the target too, as long as it's before I am updating it. Some night actions will take effect upon the moment that I read the PM, so keep that in mind.

#8. ABOUT ROLE-CLAIMING
As long as you do not share your role PM, you may claim to be whatever Pokémon you like to other players. You may also claim actions.

#9. You may post quicktopic links in the thread.

Phases

Each phase will last for 24 hours unless specified.

Phase changing will occur at 10pm, assuming GMT+1, which is my current timezone. If for any reason I cannot update at this time, I will do my best to give you prior notice and say when the update will occur.

Players

There are 25 slots available initially. If more people want to play, I will create more slots. If demand is less than 25, I will knock off a few slots so that the game may start. There are three sub spots going if you would like to substitute for a player if they can no longer play, or if I feel like given an inactive's role to someone else.

1. Megaman - Mafia, lynched on Day 7
2. Sourcandy - Town, lynched/killed self on Day 10
3. Neonsands - Town, murdered on Night 11
4. IceKyurem - Town, murdered on Night 1
5. Hellion - Town, mudered on Night 10
6. Mijzelffan - Town, murdered on Night 2
7. hurristat - Town, murdered on Night 6
8. Shiny Celebi - Town, lynched on Day 5
9. Opossumguy - Mafia, WINNER
10. Makuta Teridax/BoredBeyondBelief - Town, lynched on Day 6
11. Umeko - Town, murdered on Night 3
12. Turtwig A - Mafia, lynched on Day 8
13. The Puppetmaster - Neutral, lynched on Day 3
14. ShadowJake Thundercracker Parmalee - Town, lynched on Day 11.
15. GoldeenTail GoldeenTail - Neutral, murdered by an unknown during Night 2 Town, murdered at the end of the game
16. Tsutāja - Mafia, lynched on Day 1
17. Mintaka - Town, murdered on Night 7
18. JJM - Town, lynched on Day 4
19. ghaskan - Mafia, WINNER
20. Corruption - Town, murdered on Night 5
21. CommanderPigg - Town, murdered on Night 8
22. Phoenicks - Town, mudered at the end of the game
23. coolking503 - Town, lynched on Day 9

Sub 1. Thundercracker
Sub 2. Panu
Sub 3. Chuck Norris

Signups will close on the 5th April, or earlier if all spots for the players have been filled. If you have any questions before the game starts, feel free to ask in this thread.

I hope you all have a lot of fun.

Iteru ~

The Rival's Pokémon have won!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon Animé Mafia - Revenge of the Rivals

I wanna play as Tobias.
(When I'm away on weekends, can I PM my votes/actions to you in advance?)

/out

Totally in, yo

Oh,
Spr_5b_360.png
?
(get the pun?)
Please can I join?

Project%2BRunway%2BSeason%2B6%2BEpisode%2B9%2BTim%2BGunn%2BWorkroom%2B29+copy.jpg

Tim Gunn: Well that's a lot of look! Don't bore Nina! Are you sure you'll be able to make it work without Hellion?

project-runway-heidi-klum25.jpg

Hellion is either in, or he's out -

HE'S IN!!!

Now let me eat my fajitas bitchezzz

klum.jpg

Ps: That means I'm in...

HE IS IN!!!!!

Last edited:

Harley better be in this you hear me. He's simply too fabulous not to be in.

Anyway. Mijzelffan

/in

Just a clarifying question: can I post links to a QT in the main thread during the game?

I'm in!

Hey, don't forget about me! Wait up! Finally! /in

Yes pleaseeeeeee.

I canz has a spot in this?

Just a clarifying question: can I post links to a QT in the main thread during the game?

You may. I don't consider them private, so I think it is fair game.

I'll add this to the rules.

Also, everyone who has asked is in :p

Duh I'll play.

Gosh Iteru, you're such a kid! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom