• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Latest title from Pokeani? Need translation.

GoldChaos

Reaction score
This is supposed to be the Dec. 22 episode: 時を超えるハルカ!!

Also, the 6th movie will air on that day and there will be no episode on the 29th.

Translation anyone?

BabelFish gives me "The hull mosquito which it exceeds the time! !"

"Hull mosquito"... more May.

I hope that does NOT mean time-traveling May. If it does, I've got a writer to kill.

The weird thing is that Celebi appears two episodes before this one.

I know. And that only makes me more afraid for what the actual translation of this title is.

"May Exceeding the Time?"

Also, you sure that meant there will be no episode on the 29th, and not a Christmas Special?

The romanji on that would be toki wo koeru Haruka... and it does seem to infer that Haruka is going to travel through time in some way... the toki does mean a time or occasion, and koeru means to cross through, so perhaps Celebi will be involved in this episode.

Also, I think exceeding makes absolutely no sense in this situation.

Hmmmm....well I would translate that like this(although a bit edited):

"Haruka travels in time?!? Celebis' second encounter!"

This may be one episode that can be considered a winter special if Haruka really travels in time(and that is if Celebi really reappears), but i doubt it.

Damn it.

WHY?! So far the only characters who have traveled through time are Oak and Ritchie, both minor enough that it doesn't come off as an annoying special priveledge. With May, though, it does. It really does. Aaaaagh, I know I wouldn't be bothered by this if I wasn't so sick of May and how she seems to get more attention than even Ash and WHY DOES MAY HAVE TO TRAVEL THROUGH TIME.

Well, Celebi isn't mentioned in the title at all, just Haruka, so it's not certain what will happen untill we see the preview.

Zak said:
"May Exceeding the Time?"

Also, you sure that meant there will be no episode on the 29th, and not a Christmas Special?

Well, here is what Pokeani says:

12月22日放送 (156話) 時を超えるハルカ!!
12月22日放送 (映画) 映画「ポケットモンスターAG 七夜の願い星ジラーチ」
12月29日放送 (休止) 特番放送のため休止

ポケットモンスターAG 星に願いを…クリスマススペシャル(仮)で放送、29日は休止

Using the Excite translator, What it says for the 29th is "It stops for the special show broadcasting"

I took that to mean there's going to be a special show that will take up Pokemon's time slot.

Some of us in #PM put our heads together to make a title for this episode

"Haruka Passes Through Time"

Why just May? And why have a Brock episode between the two Celebi episodes? Looks like this is going to be a case of "wait and see".

I translated it as "Move Across Time, Haruka!!"

Actually, unfortunately, we can only HOPE the one between's a Brock episode. Remember the Breeding House episode? We were so convinced it was for Brock... until the episode description came up to say no, it was May.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, it could easily just be focused on Bonsly, with the little guy joining Brock at the end.

I don't care if it's Celebi related or what. There should not be an episode focused on May, and only May, traveling through time. There just shouldn't be. Aaargh. How much you wanna bet she'll catch a baby Pokémon from the future or something? Or hell, maybe the writers will go so far as to give her Celebi.

Awesome. :D May needs a good episode to star in that isn't a contest ep.

Thankfully Ash isn't the star of this episode, at least hopefully. That boy has had enough spotlight in his 8 seasons on the show.

One of the things I love about AG, the writers focus on May just as much as Ash. Seeing as how they're the co-stars of the show though, it is to be expected. It's nice to see that girl's are finally getting some spotlight in Pokemon, which used to be a male dominated franchise. Nice to see the writers with AG are finally focusing on the female Pokemon fanbase as well.

Pie needs something like a spinoff called "The Brock show" to calm her down. ;)

Don't worry Pie, there is always one (very tiny) ray of light:
The Big Al said:
Great, let's leave her in the past/future and pretend the last three and half year never happened. *whistles*

Seriously, though, if it is Celebi then I am going to be a little disappointed. I always thought Oak and Ritchie were special, and Ritchie's travel through time seemed almost like a test. But it is becoming a little too common now. It would be interesting if Ash didn't go with May...

I don't see how it's so common when this is only the third time they've done it.

Well, I hope that Ash goes with May or something, so that way he'll at least get some time in the episode.

And of course, I've always wanted to see Ash go through time.

I'll just bring up the similarity with the movie 4 title, 時を超えた遭遇.

Argy said:
I translated it as "Move Across Time, Haruka!!"

That isn't a particularly good translation. 時を越える is a relative clause. ハルカ is modified by it. Not that the English translation needs to keep that structure, but "Haruka travels through time" would have been better.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom