• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG155: Pokémon Ranger Appears! Celebi Rescue Mission!!

nYoo

Dark Mewtwo
Reaction score
Well, as AG154 aired today and I saw screenshots from the preview for AG155, I thought I'll just start a thread for AG155. :)
http://cynthia.bne.jp/test/read.cgi/newanime/1131878895/173

I'm really looking forward to this episode and judging from those first screenshots, we will be introduced to what exactly the rangers do with those "antennas" which they carry with them.

When Ash see's Celebi he better say that he saw one before. Brock too.

Answer: Unknown. (It is a legendary Pokémon, after all, but then again...)

Maybe Celebi could send in back to movie 4 to make him remember then!

In the game, the antennas are known as Capture Stylers. They allow rangers to use wild Pokémon for a brief time.

The most interesting thing will be how Ash reacts to Hinata.

FabuVinny said:
The most interesting thing will be how Ash reacts to Hinata.

Why would that be interesting? He'll probably react to her the same way he does to all the filler girls he sees on his journey.

i.e. Ash will say "Hi I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town" and then Brock will run up and grab the Rangers hand and ask her to marry him.

Ash and May will stand in the backround watching Brock flirt with her, meanwhile Max will get annoyed and pull him away by his shirt.

I always wondered why Ash and May always let Brock flirt, if it weren't for Max, they'd be standing there a long time. Max and Misty always seem to be annoyed/embarrassed by Brock flirting, yet Ash/May never seem to care unless they're in a hurry to get to the next Gym/Contest.

Scott85 said:
Why would that be interesting? He'll probably react to her the same way he does to all the filler girls he sees on his journey.
But she isn't a filler girl. She is a Pokémon Ranger. If Ash finds her interesting, then it supports the posibility of Ash becoming a ranger himself.

*Bets £10 Team Rocket attempt to nick her Styler thingy*

*Bets another £10 that Celebi doesn't actually appear until nearer the end of the ep, which presumably leads to the following Time Travel ep*

A rescue operation would require Celebi to be seen. I predict a shot at the beginning, and then a picture that Hinata shows Ash. After that, they don't get to see Celebi properly until the last third of the episode.

That's another thing I would be interested in finding out. How does this link with the final two episodes of the year?

Doctor Oak said:
*Bets £10 Team Rocket attempt to nick her Styler thingy*

*Bets another £10 that Celebi doesn't actually appear until nearer the end of the ep, which presumably leads to the following Time Travel ep*

well...ya probably earn the first 10...maybe..as TR..is doing some attempt..

but 2nd...may be wrong...as Celebii...seems to appearing in the begining...
probably like 3 minutes from the start

Preview is up. Looks like TR tries to get Celebi. Hinata's only in it the last second or so.

Why doesn't Celebi just travel in time to escape Team Rocket? :rolleyes:

My initial feelings are of disapointment. The writers could have made a lot more out of this than "Ash finds and heals Celebi, Team Rocket captures Celebi, Hinata advertises Pokémon Ranger." Missed potentials are the animes biggest flaw!

I wonder what Celebi is doing at the end.

Well what do you want them to do? Rehash the plot of the 4th movie?

Besides, the May time traveling episode is bound to be interesting. They wouldn't have May travel through time if they didn't have something exciting planned.

They could do a "rescue mission" with Hinata without rehashing the plot of the th movie. And the time travel episode sounding interesting (now) does not affect this being not so interesting.

Fabuvinny the thing at the end could be a timewarp and may gets sucked in it. The next epi would then follow what happens with Brock,Ash,and max then the may travels through time would in the end be about her returning to her regular time.

I haven't seen the preview myself yet, but from what I can gather here it seems like a episode version of the 4th movie.

Though the episode might turned out better than the preview. The preview of the episode where Manene debuts made me think it was the typical filler episode, yet that episode turned out great IMO.

EDIT: OK, I've just saw the preview. It's sure looks like a 4th movie dejavu...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom