• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2.5 million in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2. ...

According to the press release from Nintendo, Pokémon Black and White Versions sold the most in last March, making it the best March that Nintendo ever had for portable hardware.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2. ...

OH MY GOD!! POKEMON THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!

Re: Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2. ...

2.5 million?

That is quite impressive.

that means it surpasses that SMB3 remake. :)
(Not that I didn't play the fuck out of that as a 4 year old)

And White was moar popular? Sure, I have Black, but only because I saw it in the shop and had the money :p So yay :D

^^^^^^
i noticed a Walmart i went to actually DIDN'T carry White, they had Black, but didn't sell White there (not out of stock they just didn't carry the game even though they had D/P/Pt right next to it..), i wonder why...

at any rate, yay pokemon! :D

It doesn't surprise me all that much. It's not like it wasn't going to be popular. I bought a copy but actually I much prefer HGSS.

Gotta agree with CrackFox. It was always going to sell well. This is a good time for Pokemon.

And I also prefer HGSS.

When it comes to sales of video games, the Pokemon franchise never fails to impress these days. Let this be a clear message that Pokemon will keep going for years to come.

Wow, that's really impressive.
Well, the money is definitely worth it. Though I think I like HGSS a little better.

Great news for Nintendo. I liked HGSS better as well for the first part of BW, but by the time I got to the end of the game I had changed my mind. I wouldn't complain either way, just gives me an excuse to go through all the old games again to transfer things over for trading. :)

2.5 million for a single platform game is impressive, but still not as much as 7 million in a day for a multiplatform game (the current record)

Honestly, who DIDN'T think they'd sell like crazy?

Just more things to shove in people's faces who say that Pokemon is dead.

Well I only picked up White for Reuniclus, Zekrom and Braviary (those look way more badass, in my opinion).

I think Platinum is actually the most superior Pokemon game thus far. Much better than HGSS, at any rate. >>

But yeah, of course this sold a lot! D8 Hah, White is more popular in the US? Must be Zekrom's manliness, huh? America seems to be obsessed with it sometimes. :/

I think Platinum is actually the most superior Pokemon game thus far. Much better than HGSS, at any rate. >>

But yeah, of course this sold a lot! D8 Hah, White is more popular in the US? Must be Zekrom's manliness, huh? America seems to be obsessed with it sometimes. :/

White had the cooler cover. Whichever one has the cooler cover sells the more. I think SS also sold more then HG where I live, since lugia has a better design then Ho-Oh.

I didn't like HGSS because the battles, PC box, and everything else went in super slow mo. I felt like I was playing the game on .50% speed.

Glad B/W sold so many copies; they more than deserved such a feat. I've grown so used to the battle animations that I can't seem to play any older Pokemon games now. :< I went with White because I adore electric types.

Must be Zekrom's manliness, huh? America seems to be obsessed with it sometimes. :/

lol what!? It couldn't be that maybe some people like it more than Reishiram? Or maybe liked the game because they wanted to battle Iris as the 8th gym leader, or maybe better version exclusives, the White Forrest, etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom