• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

10k Messages, Late 10th Bulbaversary, &... LDR Meet-Up! ♡

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hello ( ^ ω ^)! It's been a long time since I was really active on these forums, so it wouldn't surprise (or offend!) me if 90% of the people reading this have no idea who I am or why I feel the need to celebrate a meagre 10k posts, but it's important to me that I finally got the opportunity to do something like this, so here I am!

Unfortunately, I missed my 10-year Bulbaversary back in May last year, so you might have seen me traipsing around the Fun & Games section in order to reach my final message milestone instead. Now that I've reached it, I don't see much point in being active on the forums anymore - I'm sorry! It was lovely getting to know some of you better, and seeing that the forum that raised me is still in good hands & still has a devoted community, but I was mostly just hanging around for the sake of... well, this blog! [*]

For those of you who don't recognise me, I'm Pokemoll, & back in ~2010-2016 I was a VERY active user here! I was even, very briefly, a moderator of Outside the Box (I was actually promoted in the same batch as @Mr. Pie, who's now the big bossman Chief of Staff, so you have an idea of how long ago we're talking lol) - I don't have the sweet little badge as it was far too long ago to count, it seems!

Every day during high school I logged in here, made my silly little posts, and caught up with my friends. It might sound stupid and perhaps a little sensationalized, but I really do feel like Bulbagarden raised me during that period of my life. This place was so incredibly important to me - it still feels like home, even after all this time! Whilst I might not be as active as I was back then (I'm still very much into Pokemon - my life has just evolved :enzap: since then & I don't have the time to spare), I still think back on this place fondly and I'm very, very proud to be part of the Bulbagarden generation.ヾ(^ヮ^)ノ

More than anything, I have Bulba to thank for introducing me to some of my closest & most cherished friends - most of whom I'm still close to today! After nearly a decade of friendship, I'm still in practically daily contact with @TheCasPhan, @Caprizant, @Greece, @Meyneth, @Kakuna Matata, @Erdrick, @Italy-kun, @Pyradox, and a few more old members who have since been banned (oops). In fact, I met up IRL with my best friend, one of the first people to speak to me on here, back in August, and spent a long weekend staying at her place (she no longer has a Bulbagarden account, oops). We used to hang around here, and now we're hanging out in person!! For those of you that remember the social group The Planetary Pit Stop, we're still very active on our little Discord server, & I'm so lucky to still have these people in my life. (^ω^)

Not only that, I also met my cariad, the person I'm closest to and love more than anyone in the world (he's gonna groan at me for being so openly corny with the PDA), @Cap'n Jack, here on this forum. We will have been dating for a year now in December, and the reason I was holding off on posting this blog until now is I wanted to wait for us to meet up IRL... which we did last week! Crazy to think that 10 years ago we were two dorky kids on a Pokemon forum, and last week he showed me the best time of my life by... playing Pokemon with me IRL. I've attached some pictures of us together below, please enjoy the cuteness. ( ∩ˇωˇ∩)♡

FCaHjDrXoAc8cwn

FCaHjViXIAA-Gzo

FCVcOQFXIAMIBTJ

FCVUDLFXMAE5zFN

FCFGzdXWUAIwZr7

When I first joined Bulbagarden, I was in my final year of primary school - I was terribly shy, uncoordinated, immature, and lonely, and this place took me in and cared for me during those formative years. Now, I'm in my final year of university, I'm dating a man I met here when we were children, and I'm... well, I'm definitely more mature! I have this place to thank for an awful lot, and I'll always be grateful for the time I spent here. Please take care of Bulbagarden for me everyone; I love this place more than I can say and it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Thank you so much for reading this, if you did! I love you, Bulbagarden! ♡^▽^♡

[*] EDIT: Whaddya know, I literally just cannot stay away from this place for good. No promises on the consistent activity front, but clearly I'll be around. Just remember, I'm here for life...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom