• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Pokémon Scramble announced for 3DS: Game to be released July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Super Pokémon Scramble announced for 3DS: Game to be released July 28

Super Pokémon Scramble, a sequel to WiiWare's Pokémon Rumble (Melee! Pokémon Scramble in Japanese) heading to Nintendo 3DS on July 28

Read more on Bulbanews

I had a feeling the new 3DS game would be a spin off; but I'm glad it's a sequel to the insanely addicting Rumble xD

Well,the game was already "shown" to us by machoke lover,anyways since 3DS is in my wish list,so is it

I played the Wii version last year and remember it becoming very boring in a very short space of time. So yeah, not too thrilled it's getting a sequel, especially when you've got the likes of Snap and Pinball begging for one.

I played the Wii version last year and remember it becoming very boring in a very short space of time. So yeah, not too thrilled it's getting a sequel, especially when you've got the likes of Snap and Pinball begging for one.
This. A lot of games really deserve a sequel, remake, or spin-off.
Rumble wasn't one I would have expected to get a sequel. It's a surprise, to say the least.

If it has Wi-Fi, though, it's automatically awesome. Action RPGs sell, with Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star pushing PSPs. And in Japan, most of the market share is directed to the portables.

Aaaaaand my *hopes* of another RPG spin-off are shot down... at least for the Wii, anyways. I'm still hopeful for an XD/Battle Revolution-esque game with B/W compatibilities for a home console, they've had one for each Generation thus far. Since they're pretty much shoving off the Wii to make way for the Wii U, it wouldn't suprise me that they're saving said console Pokemon game for Nintendo's next console. Which would be flippin' sweet, by the way. Can you imagine how the Gen V 'mons and their attacks would look on an HD console?:drool:

Massive let down. this game will be just as boring as the first one. definitely skipping this just like i did for dash and trozei.

Aaaaaand my *hopes* of another RPG spin-off are shot down... at least for the Wii, anyways. I'm still hopeful for an XD/Battle Revolution-esque game with B/W compatibilities for a home console, they've had one for each Generation thus far. Since they're pretty much shoving off the Wii to make way for the Wii U, it wouldn't suprise me that they're saving said console Pokemon game for Nintendo's next console. Which would be flippin' sweet, by the way. Can you imagine how the Gen V 'mons and their attacks would look on an HD console?:drool:
That's a leap. Satoru Iwata did say that games for the 3DS and the Wii would be released this year, so the fact that only one of those games has been announced so far (the middle of the year) certainly doesn't have to mean that there has been a change in plans. The Rumble game will be released next month and after that it's all fair game until the end of the year.

For the console game to be released for the Wii U would mean that it would be released rather late in this generation. Some big title needs to be released this year to keep things fresh and interesting, and neither Typing DS nor Rumble fit that bill.

Last edited:
I'm game if it has more than 6 courses and has all 646 announced Pokemon. There's really no excuse for it since this is a 3DS game and not a Wiiware game. Rumble was tons of fun even if it was kind of short and did get repetitive at times.

Is this the title that the magazines hinted earlier? A bit disappointing.

Personally, I think this title should be an E-Shop thing, instead of retail release, like how the original Rumble was. Then again, it's still kinda nice to see things for retail release, I fear for a future where every single game is digital purchase only. <_<

I wonder when it's coming to the US. Not that I'm going to get it, but I'm just a bit curious.

Hopefully Corocoro is announcing a separate game.

That's a leap. Satoru Iwata did say that games for the 3DS and the Wii would be released this year, so the fact that only one of those games has been announced so far (the middle of the year) certainly doesn't have to mean that there has been a change in plans. The Rumble game will be released next month and after that it's all fair game until the end of the year.

For the console game to be released for the Wii U would mean that it would be released rather late in this generation. Some big title needs to be released this year to keep things fresh and interesting, and neither Typing DS nor Rumble fit that bill.

I forgot about that... :XD2: Yeah, he did say both a Wii and 3DS were in the middle of developement, which means we still have one more unannounced game floatin' around somewhere. Is there a chance that the game that CoroCoro will reveal might be something different? I could be wrong, but I don't remember CoroCoro revealing Pokemon Rumble... it seems like they cover "big" titles mostly (like the main series handhelds and the home console games like Stadium, XD, Battle Revolution, ect.)

I guess it's only right to semi-assume that we'll be getting a Gen V Stadium title for the Wii, if that's what CoroCoro hinted towards.

Unfortunately, I don't think CoroCoro will announce a separate game quite yet. The Pokémon Company likes to focus on one game at a time, but since Scramble is going to be released so soon, things will be different by August.

I find it unusual that they haven't announced the game until two months before it's released.

Kind of unusual, since Typing, if I'm not mistaken was announced quite awhile before it was released. But this 3DS game announced only 2 months before release.

It seems they feel Super Pokemon Scramble isn't going to be a huge hit, because they don't seem to be hyping it up at all.

I mean I don't mind such games, I can see the appeal in "Action RPG's" I just hope if I want to get this game, some of the limitations that I noticed with Wiiware game are resolved, otherwise I'm not sure I'll get it.

Unfortunately, I don't think CoroCoro will announce a separate game quite yet. The Pokémon Company likes to focus on one game at a time, but since Scramble is going to be released so soon, things will be different by August.
Eh still, one month inbetween CoroCoro and its release is still a bit pushing it. I mean sure its a spin-off, but at least 3 months should be given. I too am hoping for another game, but its not. Only reason I would see another game being revealed is if its important enough. And even if there is no new game, even with a longer SP and a bigger MP, the game does not justify itself a full retail release. It was good on wii-ware, and it was a fun distraction, but that's all it should be. A one off distraction, and not another spin-off series. Ranger and Dungeon are enough, lets not get carried away.

Eh still, one month inbetween CoroCoro and its release is still a bit pushing it. I mean sure its a spin-off, but at least 3 months should be given.
That's rarely ever the case, actually. For one thing, it hasn't even been two months since Typing DS was released and we already know about Scramble. But the more relevant examples are Mystery Dungeon Sky and Ranger 3, which were quickly forgotten about in favor of HGSS and Black/White, respectively.

If they wanted to make a big deal about Scramble, they wouldn't be releasing it in July; that's not an ideal time for game releases. I'm reminded of Pokémon Channel - it was released in July 2003 only to make room for Pinball R/S in August, and ultimately for Colosseum in November. Granted, those games were all announced at E3, but Nintendo's policy has changed since then.

Last edited:

Well, talking about the Wii as a whole, Nintendo still have the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword hype to hold onto. Although, with the Wii U not launching until April 2012 at the latest, they could need something to keep people interested between January-April, so if a Wii Pokémon title got delayed, it wouldn't be a surprise (or at least, Japan will get it later this year, and US/EU will get it around March/April).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom