• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Bulbanews] New Pokémon Ranger information: New characters and features revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I'm having trouble getting this up on Archives for some reason, so I'll post them here for now, and we can fix the BulbaNews article up later.

Page 1
Page 2

Translations to come later today, hopefully.

EDIT: Translation will take a while, but one thing that catches my eye is "Class up". Could trainers themselves actually have levels in this too?

There's mention of ranger leaders for at least 2 towns here, so the missions are likely to be more like quests in an RPG game, rather than levels in a strategy game.

Last edited:
It's possible that levelling up improves the effectiveness of the Capture Styler.

nYoo said:
Well, nothing new as coro coro reported about this last week and www.pokemon.co.jp also updated on that a week ago.
So why didn't we know about this before now?

We did. Bulbanews for some reason never reported it though.

edit:

Translation will take a while, but one thing that catches my eye is "Class up". Could trainers themselves actually have levels in this too?

If you look on the art for the Ranger heroes you'll notice they have a 3 on their armbands - that's the class they currently are, you rank up as you go on which presumably either improves your capture styler's energy so you can 'capture' tougher Pokemon or entitles you to an upgrade (which is probably more likely as they indicated there will be more than one Capture Styler available).

Since the Pokemon aren't around long enough to gain EXP or anything of the sort, it's unlikely there will be any levelling up or evolving or any such 'staples' of main Pokemon Games.

Last edited:
Well since Doctor Oak is a reporter and Nyoo is a sysop, they could have at least told us. <_<

That's the big problem with Bulbanews in my opinion - I personally didn't do it because I thought Zehn or Argy or whoever would have done it.

No communication means confusion and the occasional thing like this.

And even if a duplicate is made at the same time, it is nothing that can't be easily handled. ^^

Doctor Oak said:
That's the big problem with Bulbanews in my opinion - I personally didn't do it because I thought Zehn or Argy or whoever would have done it.

Newsflash: the last time I wrote an article was nearly a month ago.

Damned apathy, nobody ever wants to do anything.

Apologies for having my own site to run and other stuff to do.

Eh, don't feel bad. It isn't on PN either... heh.

Apologies from me, too. Last week I did check a couple times if bulbanews would update on that and then I stopped and just forgot about it. :\

Maybe the news could be merged together to one "News from Pokémon Ranger" or so with also information on the coro coro scans, the official website updates and the world hobby fair? Or would you rather keep this a news article only about the famitsu stuff now?

EDIT: I guess I'll just do it as nobody seems to care o.op

EDIT 2: Oh look, there's also this:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=11118

EDIT 3: Ok, I edited the news article and moved it. Now we just need more translations o.o
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pokémon_Ranger_information
Someone might as well check my spelling as I'm sure I made a couple mistakes which is also the reason why I don't like to start english news articles. And always I have the feeling that as soon as I'm done with starting a new news article, everyone is just happy that someone else has done it and nobody really cares anymore about editing, correcting or expanding my news text. That's the second reason why I preferably not post english news articles o.o"

Last edited:
nYoo said:
EDIT 3: Ok, I edited the news article and moved it. Now we just need more translations o.o
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pokémon_Ranger_information
Someone might as well check my spelling as I'm sure I made a couple mistakes which is also the reason why I don't like to start english news articles. And always I have the feeling that as soon as I'm done with starting a new news article, everyone is just happy that someone else has done it and nobody really cares anymore about editing, correcting or expanding my news text. That's the second reason why I preferably not post english news articles o.o"
Did some edits for ya.

...oO I think I have powers on BN... I can protect pages. oO

BUMP

So what about the translations of the scans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom