• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia BW Mafia- This mafia has just been sent to the moon. [N11-Cancelled-8/10/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ the Confirmer

I'm out of Zek macros, OK
Reaction score
(Don't worry, there'll be enough pony references for all of you.)

Step right up, don't be shy! This is a mafia based on Pokémon Black and White.

Zekrom: Thank you for the helpful information, Captain Obvious.

That's enough from you.

Well, here's the premise of this mafia (although I'm not sure what you're doing on a Pokémon forum if you don't know what Black and White is):

Once upon a time, there was a young boy (or was it a girl? Oh well, for the sake of simplicity let's just call him a boy) was going on an adventure with two of his friends (and future rivals) so he could become the Champion of the Unova League, collecting some monsters along the way. However, his journey is interrupted by a mysterious group named Team Plasma, who wishes to "free" humans from monsters (aka Pokémon). So now the boy is tasked with defeating this group; but the question is- will he succeed?

And the mafia tutorial for newbies (edited from Mintaka's, which was edited from Rayne's):

Reshiram: No one here is a newbie!

Be nice. (Geez, didn't I kick them out of the house already?)

There are two sides for the players. One is the “Town” (in this theme, I will sometimes refer to them as "the heroes"), and the other is the “mafia” (again, Team Plasma in this theme). The majority of the players are the town (I will sometimes refer to them as “innocent”).

There is also a secret third faction who are allied with themselves. I will call them neutrals, or independents.

Most of the town players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to outnumber the town players.
As soon as one side achieves its goal, the game ends.

At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched (or not).
At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is removed from play (read: dies. Note that dead mafiosos can still plan in their little quicktopic). For most roles, if you die, you lose.

Mafia attempts a kill during the Night phases.
(Just to avoid confusion- in this game, as long as at least one mafia player is alive during the night and they nominate a target to me, the night kill will be attempted.)

Most players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night. There may be other conditions for activations, so keep those conditions in mind. They will be stated in your role PM.
Communication is key.

Rules

For some rules, I will modkill people who do not follow them. Modkilling means I, the Game Moderator, will crush them like grapes, rendering them dead in the eyes of the game. (For milder offences, however, I may give you a warning or replace you instead the first time.) Note that modkill = loss, no exceptions. These rules are as follows:

Be a good sport.: Listen to this: Bad conduct can affect others more than you think. Whining about your situation in the game can not just annoy fellow players, it can ruin the whole experience. After all, this section is all about having fun.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/bw...-ever-[d7-spring-7-23-11]-112389/index22.html
Do not, under any circumstances, show us your role PM (even if it's altered): That means no posting it in the thread, in the Quicktopic, capsizing it, quoting a sentence from it, sending a PM or VM of it to someone else, trying to post it while I'm sleeping and then deleting it before I see it, no nothing. Violating this rule is the absolute worst thing you can do here; violation of PM rule = modkill, no exceptions. The only time you may ever post your role PM is when the game is over.

Be active: Unless you're a sub not yet placed in the game, lurking is frowned upon here. Every player should participate. I will put a substitute in your place (or if not applicable, modkill you) if you are absent from play for five phases (using your role power counts as being "in play") without informing me first. After four straight phases of absence, I will VM you asking if you would still like to play.

Do not mention who your role is based on, in public or private: You can name actions (e.g. cop, doctor, vanilla, spy, diviner, etc.) but no names. Vague hints are fine, but if I could pinpoint your role identity within four hints without knowing any of the names, then it is unacceptable.

Other rules include:

I: I would like copies of your PMs, please. Conversing, planning, predicting, anything (unless I really don't want to see it; in that case, keep it). I ask for the same reason everyone else does; to watch for mischief and other things.

II: No posting regularly after death (i.e. "zombie-posting" as coined by Neoflare and then plagiarized by yours truly). Some "last words" should be good enough.

III: If you change your name in the game, please post it in the thread (shooting me a VM about it is optional) to avoid confusion.

IV: As long as you don't post your role PM, roleclaiming is fine and dandy with me (just try not to be stupid about it and screech something like "I'm the doctor!").

Zekrom: *snorts*

V: For night actions: you may change the target, as long as it's before I change it to daytime.

OK, we've got just about everything covered, except for a few FYIs:

-For one thing, this mafia has a different phase cycle than most. We have seasons, which last for three phases each. This alters the phase times as follows:

Spring: 24 night hours, 24 day hours
Summer: 18 night hours, 30 day hours
Autumn: 24 night hours, 24 day hours
Winter: 30 night hours, 18 day hours

We start in Spring. If you ever forget which season it is, the season is posted next to the phase number in the thread title.

-The role PM process is streamlined, so you get your role PM and Quicktopic directly after you sign up. (EDIT: For the final roles, the PM-sending will be done in the standard way, Night 0 and all.)

And that's it! Enjoy!

(Tip: an asterisk means the player has not confirmed their role yet. Dead townies have their name in white, mafiosos in black; neutrals in grey. Winners are bolded. Italicized are only temporary subs.)

1. Rainbowkit - > Derpeh Hoovez
2. Feralize Turtwig A
3. Flareth Anthea (mafia spy/peeker), lynched Day 8
4. GengarEatBanana
5. SoulMelody Shauntal (reporter), lynched Day 6
6. ghaskan Chili (mason), modkilled Night 9
7. Sourcandy Magikarp salesman (one-shot vigilante), modkilled Day 2
8. Neonsands Prof. Juniper (roleblocker), nightkilled Night 3
9.BoredBeyondBelief - > Plasfyre
Cilan (mason), modkilled Night 9
10. Zhwoobatte N (godfather), lynched Day 1
11. Mijzelffan Skyla (eye), nightkilled Night 1
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lv. 5 Stunfisk (fool), lynched Day 4
13. Opossumguy
14. pseudonym12 parma
15. Oslacku -> GoldenrodGirl
16. Synthesis Alder (public speaker), nightkilled Night
17. bluesun Concordia (one-time random vigilante), lynched Day 3
18. Legendary Master Clay (cop), nightkilled Night 10
19. Kyumorph Lenora (reviver), nightkilled Night 8
20. kirashimu Caitlin (vote multiplier?), nightkilled Night 4
21. Shadow Darkrai Drayden (I got nothing), lynched Day 5
22. Alphaphlare Bianca (something or other), modkilled Night 9
23. King Corpse - > Super Seaking Marshal (doctor), lynched Day 9
24. Neoflare Grimsley (spy/peeker), nightkilled Night 5
25. mariowie
26. Sunila Burgh (?), modkilled Night 10

Substitutes:

3. Gonna need more subs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon BW Mafia- Best mafia this side of the interblag! [Signups and Discussion]

in plz.

Re: Pokémon BW Mafia- Best mafia this side of the interblag! [Signups and Discussion]

In. My first mafia game :p

Last edited:

I'll join. First mafia game for me as well.

Did you say pony references? *eyes light up* There better be Rainbow Dash in there!

Confirmed.

I'm in.

Huzzah for pony references! *Begins singing musical numbers from MLP*

Count me in.

I'll play

Sure, I'll be around for a little while longer.

Ooh! Ooh! Let me join! since this is from you, !TLZ, I'm expecting nothing less than pure awesomesauce. If there's anything less... *holds out bloon staff(from BTD4 Mafia)* You're doomed.

Ooh! Ooh! Let me join! since this is from you, !TLZ, I'm expecting nothing less than pure awesomesauce. If there's anything less... *holds out bloon staff(from BTD4 Mafia)* You're doomed.

Well, to be fair (and to avoid sounding like a self-absorbed narcissist), it's not all mine. This is actually a group effort between me and Flame_ (although I did make the PMs and rules).

Also, if you are mafia or some other, you will only get your Quicktopic after all PMs for that faction have been sent.

Last edited:

In.

Mijzelffan

got

Just so yall know. I'm co-hosting

In.

in

in

confirming mah role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom