• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Japanese BW expansion announced: Hail Blizzard and Psycho Drive coming Septembe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Third Japanese BW expansion announced: Hail Blizzard and Psycho Drive coming September 16

The third Japanese BW TCG expansion has been announced. The main set-split into two subsets Hail Blizzard/Psycho Drive-will be released September 16, 2011, and will feature Kyurem and Mewtwo respectively. This will be the first release of the Black & White TCG era to release Pokémon from any of the first four generations.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Third Japanese BW expansion announced: Hail Blizzard and Psycho Drive coming Sept

New Set :)
Any of the 4th gen's : ( )

I Like The Black & White Cards because there so many i dont have a eloving of

Re: Third Japanese BW expansion announced: Hail Blizzard and Psycho Drive coming Sept

So, the BW sets move onto the old Pokémon now, hmm...
Two months after Red Collection is pretty surprising too; and why the focus on Kyurem, when according to previous press reports, there should be a Kyurem card in Red Collection?

Why is Kyurem the main pokémon of a theme deck in the same expansion as a theme deck with Mewtwo as the main pokémon of a theme deck? I think Landorus should be used instead of Mewtwo. Has Landorus been the main pokémon of any other theme deck?

Last edited:

This isn't a theme deck, this is the third expansion. It just happens to feature both Mewtwo and Kyurem. And who knows why they picked kyurem. Cards are allowed to be in two consecutive sets: Pikachu has done it a lot, and all the pan and simi monkeys, darmanitan, scolipede, and krookodile are doing it in ENBW1 and 2.

Landorus has one card that is in Red collection, and a reprint promo of that card.

Giratina only had one card released before the first Platinum set. Likewise, Rayquaza only had one card released prior to being heavily showcased in the Deoxys set which was released two months before Emerald. In Japan, that was the Emerald set, but in the U.S. they had to release another set due to the longer gap between the movie and the game. Also worthy of mention is the fact that Suicune made its TCG debut after Crystal was released (in a set that revolved around the Burned Tower).

This is an unprecedented move. I wouldn't expect Kyurem to be the star of another set.

Really nit picky, I know, but the first BW set had Pikachu in it.

What is a typical time span between Japanese releases? I was still waiting on Red Collection to be released and we already are getting information about the next set!

*Gasp* Kyurem!!! Obviously this means Pokemon Grey is coming out!!! :p

Whew, I reaaaalllllyyy thought that this news is for the console games... damn, my excitement was killed. Anyways, good news for the collectors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom