• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia HOTEL MAFIA - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN - POSTGAME IS UP. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parma

:D
Reaction score
Hotel Mafia

You, along with 13 other people, were selected to take care of a hotel located in the downtown part of the city. But as of late, rumors have surfaced of killings that only occur during the night. The strangest thing? Ever since you and your people had inhabited this hotel, those killings increased. As a result, potential customers were driven away from the hotel. So one morning, you're checking your rooms for the morning cleaning when you see the worst possible thing: a dead body on the ground.

Dear parma:

You are the game moderator. You came to this hotel in a twofold scenario: to relax and kill whoever's suspected of being in the mafia. Your job is to run this game to the best of your abilities. You're allied with yourself. You win automatically.

It gets worse. You go into another room and see that one of your fellow workers is dead also!

Frustrated and annoyed, you and your remaining friends gather and decide on one thing: to kill those dastardly lurkers before they kill you.

-

Welcome to Hotel Mafia. This is a vanilla game designated for both newbies to pick up the methods of the game and for veterans to hone their skills. If you like simplicity, then here's the game for you!

Tutorial for the newbies is below [taken from Mintaka's game, which was taken from Rayne's game].

There are two sides for the players. One is the “Town”, and the other is the “mafia”. The majority of the players are the town (I will sometimes refer to them as “innocent”).

Most of the town players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to equal the town players in number.
As soon as one side achieves its goal, the game ends.

At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched (or not).
At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is removed from play.

Mafia attempts a kill during the Night phases.
(Just to avoid confusion; in this game, as long as at least one mafia player is alive during the night and they nominate a target to me, the night kill will be attempted.)

Some players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night. There may be other conditions for activations so keep those conditions in mind. They will be stated in your role PM.
Communication is the key. Some roles work better if coordinated with other actions.

Ruleset [credit to Rayne with some additional edits]

1. I will modkill for two things
* Inactivity
Obviously if you've got something going on, you should put that first. Real life is more important. Just let me know ahead of time if you know you're going to be inactive for a bit. Otherwise, I'd like everyone to participate. At the minimum I'll expect at least one response in this thread every 3 days. Otherwise I will substitute you without warning. After the third day without a post, you'll receive a prod. I expect it to be picked up via posting inthread.
* Poor Sportsmanship and Conduct
This should be fairly self explanatory. Aside from Quick Topic, please try to stay within the confines of the forums to conduct your business. I don't want to see people sneaking around each other in real life just to play a silly game. Also, we can get pretty serious in here, but if you start to act like a real jerk, I can easily push you out of the game as well.

2. Votes are similar to Mijzelffan's voting system.

Please format your votes in bold like such:
Vote: [user]
When you wish to retract a vote simply say
Unvote: [user]

A tie will result in no kill that day.
3. Day phases last 24 hours. Night phases are 24 hours. I will update at 9PM EST every night.
4. If you plan to change your name, please announce that in the thread and send me a PM. Thanks.
5. Wise cracks and final quotes from the dead are fine, just don't make a habit of posting after you're gone please. In addition, once you're dead, that information can't be transferred to the living.
6. There are no fools in this game. You have been warned.
7. Send me copies of everything you make. PMs, QTs, everything.
8. If you have no night action, send me a PM titled "Night X - Idling". It allows me to keep track of you and tells me that you're still playing.
9. Claiming your action is fine. Posting any role PM[whether faked or actual] is not. No screenshots or anything of the sort. Doing so equals a modkill.
Players:

1. Iteru - Lazy Bomber, game winner
2. mariowie - Ordinary hotel worker, lynched day 2
3. Rainbowkit - Lazy Bomber, game winner
4. The Puppetmaster - Ordinary hotel worker, killed in endgame
5. Mintaka - Ordinary hotel worker, lynched day 4
6. Synthesis - Ordinary hotel worker, killed night 1
7. Zhwoobatte - Undercover cop, lynched day 3
8. BoredBeyondBeliefTFSpock - Plainclothes doctor, killed in endgame
9. Mijzelffan - Ordinary hotel worker, killed night 3
10. Neoflare - Ordinary hotel worker, killed in endgame
11. ! Thunder Lord Z - Ordinary hotel worker, killed night 2
12. Sgt. Pepper's - Lazy Bomber, game winner

Substitutes:

1. ghaskan
2. Sourcandy

Last edited:
Re: HOTEL MAFIA - Signups and discussion

I'd like to play.

Okay there we go, play some more.
I am in.

You've all been added to the list.

CD-I_Mario.jpg

in.

In for a quickeh.

Mijzelffan

Simplicity!

Only 3 slots remain. Please sign up!

Players: Any questions so far?

2 more slots! Come on! You know you want some vanilla love!

Subbing, as bright-eyed and delusional as ever.

I'll be in. Although at first I thought this was about Youtube.

As of ! Thunder Lord Z and Sgt. Pepper's, SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED.

I will randomize and send out roles right now. I will edit the thread title when all roles have been sent.

I am willing to sub, if I may?

Confirmed that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom