• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games BMGf Trail- Team Rotuna [LAST UPDATED: 7/30/2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Lynch

Mafia Fail-Player
Reaction score
180px-NSMBW_Toad.png
This thread is where Team Rotuna will be going on their cross country adventure! ONLY TEAM ROTUNA MEMBERS MAY POST HERE. If a member of a team dies or is left behind, they are no longer allowed to post either; sorry guys, but this is like Fire Emblem, you die and you're gone permanently. Failure to comply with these simple rules is punishable by infractions or possibly even banishment from this board. What? I don't have that power! This isn't that big of a deal, is it? I'll change it. You shall be excluded from any future games I make, mafia and all. Not even an after death post. And now, for the team!

Team Rotuna

Captain: ! Thunder Lord Z
Co-Captain: Soledad
Synthesis
coolking503
Wartortle
Hellion
Sgt.Pepper's
Zhwoobatte
Flareth
GengarEatBanana
Rainbowkit
Ghaskan
Iteru
mariowie
Kirashimu
IAmYew
Opossumguy
parma
TFSpock
Fireheart

NOTE: As of 7/25/2011, The captain ship was changed due to inactivity of the former captain and co-captain.

We're finally here, the game's about to begin! First, a reminder; only members of this team are allowed to post here, if anyone else posts they will be infracted for spamming or possibly banned from this board. Whoa, what's this about? I don't have this power! But please. Don't spam on this thread.

How To Play:
Overall this is a rather freeform game. Periodically throughout each day, events will happen that you guys will need to deal with. It could be as simple as someone catching Dysentery, or it could be something like encountering Zapdos who decides to make your team's lives miserable and cause a huge thunderstorm and generally cause mischief (just one of quite a few major events that will happen daily). How do you deal with these events? Well, as a regular team member, you must rely on your Captain and Co-Captain to make intelligent decisions to the events in your way. You can take matters into your own hands at your own risk, but only the leaders of the team decide what the ENTIRE TEAM MUST DO. As I want everyone to have fun on this excursion, you're allowed to stray a little bit from your team's wagon train (make sure you have someone to watch your wagon or stuff while you're gone, only about 5 or 6 people can go off on their own at a time) and go on your own little misadventures; this is where I'll usually allow a team member to have their own special event that isn't related to the major event of the day. If I don't give you a special event while you're off the beaten path, assume that your character failed to discover anything interesting. I can't give every single person an event every single day, but I will try my best to give most people their own fun situation. Above all, don't be greedy and leave every day, your team may very well decide to abandon you and leave you to the mercy of nature and you very well might not make it back.

Also, Captains: You don't necessarily HAVE to listen to your team's suggestions, you can make decisions however you please... just remember that your team will be rather upset with you should you ignore every one of their opinions, and they'll be especially mad if you bring them to a worse situation.

Anyway, let's start!
It was early on a Sunday morning, typically a quiet time of the week in the small town bordering the frontier. They wondered why the heck they were there. They figured that they might as well explore and see the new land.

You are Team Rotuna. Riding under the banners of the unappreciated hero with a Mushroom cap, Toad, you're setting off on a bizarre adventure through the unknown and hopefully Toad's adventuring expertise will aid you along the way (yes he's coming along too). You have $415 pooled together, where would you like to shop?

Banzai Bill's Bargain Basket
The Pokémart
Adeleine's Outpost
Gerudo's Den

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BMGf Trail- Team Rotuna [LAST UPDATED: 7/24/2011]

Teh derpehest poneh is reporting for duty~

I think we should check out the Mart. We might need 'Balls later to catch some mons.

Remember that Pokémon aren't all you'll encounter.

EDIT: Your team can only go to one store.

Hmm...Bonzai Bill's Bargain Basket is Awesome at alliteration, so I say some of us should spend the savings at the Super Saving Store.

I feel suspicious of the bargain place to be honest. Just a hunch.

You're right. That, and it's run by a Mario enemy...

so I say we go to the Pokemart.

Pokémart? Unless we're all Pokémon, it's not the best place to gather supplies...but! We can use it to catch things to do our dirty work and gather materials at our accord. Genius.

At least it's better than a black market run by bullet-shaped enemies from Super Mario Bros.

What about Adeleine's Outpost? I think we might be able to find something of use there, even though I have no clue as to what. Plus, the Pokemart only sells Pokemon-related items (NO BEEF JERKY?!?), and I'm inclined to believe that 99% of everything at that bargain shop is both novelty and crappy. As for Gerudo's Den, I dunno what to think. There could be something in there that's more useful than everything else, but then again, it could be a trap.

So for now, I say we go to the Outpost.

What about Adeleine's Outpost? I think we might be able to find something of use there, even though I have no clue as to what. Plus, the Pokemart only sells Pokemon-related items (NO BEEF JERKY?!?), and I'm inclined to believe that 99% of everything at that bargain shop is both novelty and crappy. As for Gerudo's Den, I dunno what to think. There could be something in there that's more useful than everything else, but then again, it could be a trap.

So for now, I say we go to the Outpost.

Adeleine, on the off chance you don't know and didn't read the Kirby Wiki article, is apparently a magic painter who can bring her paintings to life. Make of that what you will.

OK then, even better. See if there's something she can paint and bring to life that would help us.

But what if we have her paint food and it's lead based paint! D:

But, yeah, the Pokemart could sell things like Escape aRopes and Repels, which would be useful here.

As far as I know, Repel only keeps Pokemon away, and even then we would need something like a hacked Lv. 100 Mewtwo to use it effectively, since they'll still pop up if the Pokemon in the lead isn't at a really high level.

An Escape Rope would be nice, but it costs about $550 in Poke-Dollars. How much that is in U.S. currency, I dunno, but I don't think we can afford a rope for all of us, and I'd hate to see someone die this early in the game.

Then again, art isn't cheap, and it may be even more expensive to have Adeleine paint us 22 Escape ropes.

And like Iteru said, going to the Banzai Bill shop is risky. For all we know, the thing could easily launch itself at someone and kill him/her.

And I still don't know what to think of the Gerudo shop.

Gah, this is tougher than I thought.

Gerudo could easily mean Ganondorf, as he is one. Banzai Bill... well...... I say Pokémart.

Pokemart and Adeleine seem like the two least risky ones. If we stock up on pokeballs we can have the pokemon fight for us. Plus, if we get low on food, who wouldn't want Magikarp Sticks or a Tauros Burger?

Adeleine, on the off chance you don't know and didn't read the Kirby Wiki article, is apparently a magic painter who can bring her paintings to life. Make of that what you will.

Does she paint food and have that come to life? Cheeseburgers for all!

Wait. How the heck are we going to store PAINTINGS in a wagon train? They're gonna be bulky and with the amount of people we have, it'll be a VERY TIGHT FIT.

I say Adeline cause I like the name.

Gerudos - Thieves, pirates
Bonzai Bill - Black Market run by enemies
Adeline - Could be possessed
pokémart - Safest Option. Might not be the most useful, but safest.

Adeline seems pointless since we get paintings. Magical paintings? That seems expensive. Bonzai bills in a nono. Gerudos, as far as I saw, weren't bad outside of ganandorf and seems like a possibility, albeit risky. Pokemart is safe and remember that the prices are in yen. 1 yen = 0.012793$ In other words if an escape rope costs 550 yen it costs 7$. not bad.

The team shall go to a store when the captain or co-captain gives the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom