• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 release

[[bp:pokémon Rumble Blast|Super Pokémon Scramble]], the 3DS sequel to the WiiWare titile [[bp:pokémon Rumble|Melee! Pokémon Scramble]], has delayed to Aug. 11 in Japan.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

I wonder why. Maybe they had to add some last-minute features. There needs to be a reason for this. I wonder if the North American release will get delayed to November 7? I don't think so, though.

It could also be a bug they had to fix.

Re: Super Pokémon Scramble delayed in Japan: 3DS title now scheduled for Aug. 11 rele

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELAYED BY 14 DAYS WE WILL ALL DIE AHHHHH

:p

Seriously, strange how they just went and delayed it, without even giving a reason. As long as the American/European release doesn't get delayed to after Christmas, though, I don't care.

A delay at this late stage suggests it might be some sort of bugfix, or a problem with the manufactured cartridges.

A lot of 3DS games have been getting delayed or cancelled lately, they recently delayed Cave Story 3DS, originally meant to be released in August, it was delayed until November, even more recently, we had the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. It's not looking good on the video game industry, and there's a whole list of cancelled 3DS titles here: What's with All the Cancelled 3DS Games?

It's probably a bug they found.. although with these other 3DS games being pushed back something makes me think there all connected.

A lot of 3DS games have been getting delayed or cancelled lately, they recently delayed Cave Story 3DS, originally meant to be released in August, it was delayed until November, even more recently, we had the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. It's not looking good on the video game industry, and there's a whole list of cancelled 3DS titles here: What's with All the Cancelled 3DS Games?

Not really, the cancelled 3DS game situation is mostly exaggerated. Examples they include are Saints Row Drive By, which was canned on ALL formats it was on, not just 3DS. DJ Hero, which is a franchise that has been put on hiatus on ALL formats. Megaman Legends 3 wasn't even ever greenlit but was an in-house testing prototype which could have been made into a game, but they chose not to. If it was a 3DS issue, they'd have put it on the PS Vita. It's the internet over-reacting.

I believe this isn't to do with a bug but more due to issues distributing due to the typhoon and earthquakes last week. Rather than have it out in some areas and not others, they've delayed it two weeks

Not really, the cancelled 3DS game situation is mostly exaggerated. Examples they include are Saints Row Drive By, which was canned on ALL formats it was on, not just 3DS. DJ Hero, which is a franchise that has been put on hiatus on ALL formats. Megaman Legends 3 wasn't even ever greenlit but was an in-house testing prototype which could have been made into a game, but they chose not to. If it was a 3DS issue, they'd have put it on the PS Vita. It's the internet over-reacting.

I believe this isn't to do with a bug but more due to issues distributing due to the typhoon and earthquakes last week. Rather than have it out in some areas and not others, they've delayed it two weeks
That may be the reality, but it isn't the "reality" it people's heads, which would definitely affect the 3DS's popularity.

Not that it has any really good games out yet anyway, and I'm thinking this game isn't one of those "must haves" either. People say it was good, but I found its price too much for the Wii game, not sure how much I'd enjoy buying it as a full title. I'd certainly have considered it if it was on the 3DS shop.

That may be the reality, but it isn't the "reality" it people's heads, which would definitely affect the 3DS's popularity.

Not that it has any really good games out yet anyway, and I'm thinking this game isn't one of those "must haves" either. People say it was good, but I found its price too much for the Wii game, not sure how much I'd enjoy buying it as a full title. I'd certainly have considered it if it was on the 3DS shop.

People also forget that this is no different to the launch of every other console and handheld ever. They've always had lulls and so few good games.

As for this, this isn't just the Wii one on the 3DS, it's an entirely new game with a massive single player narrative. Famitsu reported that it'd take 20 hours to finish the main game

As for this, this isn't just the Wii one on the 3DS, it's an entirely new game with a massive single player narrative. Famitsu reported that it'd take 20 hours to finish the main game
Pre-release screen shots have interested me, but I'm still wary of the games so I'd much prefer to wait and see what Rumble fans think, though its likely I still won't get it since by the time I get a 3DS, other Pokemon games may have been released by then.

I saw this pointed out, but the 3DS price drop is happening right before this game is released...I guess that's why they delayed it, to help sell the new cheaper system.

I highly doubt they changed the release date due to the 3DS price drop, it's probably just a minor coincidence.

If anything, the cheaper system is going to help sell this game. I don't know if they're selling at a loss now, but with news of games being cancelled being put at the front of everything and no good games out for the 3DS yet, Nintendo knows that they need to drop the price and let game sales pick up the slack.

If anything, the cheaper system is going to help sell this game. I don't know if they're selling at a loss now, but with news of games being cancelled being put at the front of everything and no good games out for the 3DS yet, Nintendo knows that they need to drop the price and let game sales pick up the slack.

What do you mean "no good games"? What about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D? Dead or Alive Dimensions? Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition?
Sorry, I just disagree.

No good games I care about that isn't a remake or a 3DS version of a game that already exists.

ɑ Alpha ɒ said:
I highly doubt they changed the release date due to the 3DS price drop, it's probably just a minor coincidence.

I think that's exactly the reason the game got delayed. The primary audience for this game, young children, can't really afford the 3DS at the price it's at right now. This price drop allows kids to convince their parents to buy it for them, which in turn allows them to convince their parents to pick up the new Pokemon game while they're at it.

The game's first week sales wouldn't have been as great as they have the chance to be now if this price drop wasn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom