• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Nintendo 3DS price drop announced: New "Ambassadors" program introduced for ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Global Nintendo 3DS price drop announced: New "Ambassadors" program introduced for ...

Nintendo announced today a worldwide price drop for the Nintendo 3DS. The reduction in price will be effective starting August 11 or 12 depending on region. With these changes, gamers can look to save around $100 on a new console.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Global Nintendo 3DS price drop announced: New "Ambassadors" program introduced fo

Well I can say one thing: having no patience to get a 3DS is truly the ultimate benefit. Especially the exclusive stuff.

Re: Global Nintendo 3DS price drop announced: New "Ambassadors" program introduced fo

I don't know why they always only say United States

NINTENDO 3DS PRICE DROPS TO $169.99, AS GREAT VALUE AND NEW 3D GAMES COME TOGETHER at Nintendo :: What's New

Even in that article, they originally said "United States" rather than North America, which made me wonder if Nintendo was trolling Canada by having that article in their Canadian site.

Man, this price drop BETTER include Canada.

And really, I'm not surprised that they would mention "United States" rather than North America. Seems to be a common habit for most companies in the states.

That article was pulled from the Canadian site which now uses "North America" (though I always wonder what that means for Mexico). Besides, unless they don't want to sell any consoles in Canada since people could import or o shopping south of the border, the price will drop.

thank god I got a 3DS before the price drop we get the best benifits lol... I say it will include Canada people always forget Canada... but wow it's chee[er then the DSi now.. watch the sales are going to explode now.

So is the price drop and free games count worldwide? I live in Australia and I want those free games too!

So is the price drop and free games count worldwide? I live in Australia and I want those free games too!

Ionly the people who got the 3DS before the Price drop (which I did lol) get's the free games... I knw they were going to do that. I'm sure it's going to sell a hell of a lot more now tgat it isn't as ungodly expensive

It must be really nice to have $250 to just drop on a game system... you rich people don't have to worry about this part:

By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

Those had better get lots and lots of demand for the general public!

It must be really nice to have $250 to just drop on a game system... you rich people don't have to worry about this part:

I'm not rich lol... I bought mine while I was in AIT and it's worth it the PokeDex 3D is awesome!

I have one, and we're not rich. And I feel sorry for the people that have to wait till August 11th to buy a 3DS, because that means you miss out on free versions of Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber, The Legend of Zelda, and 5 more NES games on Sep 1, and you won't get free versions of GBA games such as Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Advance 3. We're practically drooling.

Hey, people who got the 3DS at launch aren't rich. Not technically. We just have a lot of shit and money that we don't need that we refuse to share with other people.... or in my case I have a job.
Incidentally, this same announcement has been made on the Australian Nintendo site too. :)

Last edited:

:D

I'm glad I got this so early. Cannot believe they did not include a Pokémon game for the GBA list though. Oh well. I wonder if my 3DS and SD card combined will be able to fit every game I want.

There are still 10 more unannounced games, I believe. I wonder what are they? Perhaps more first party stuff, I'd wager.

This is win win for me: My brother already has one, so we'll get all of the Virtual Console games, and I can buy one for myself soon! :D

So you've still got like two weeks to pick one up before the price drop? I wonder how much the games will cost, because if you're planning on picking a large portion of them up, it might almost be better to buy a 3DS at the price it is now, and get the games before everyone else and free.

This price drop is music to my ears, plus I already own most of these games on cartridge or VC anyways.

The price drop is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder will there be any Pokemon Games to download? Buy it now and get 20 free downloadable games, Buy it starting on August 12th and save $80! Nintendo is thinking about everyone :D

Ahh I was ecstatic when I found out about this price drop. Perhaps with this price drop i'll get the 3ds for christmas (my parents are real stingy with video games). Music to my ears. btw, does anyone know if the pokedex 3d ever expires?

Well crap, I wish they had just released it at this price. I already got one for my birthday but had to pay for 100 of it due to the price. So basically if I had waited I wouldn't have had to pay for any of it. -_-

Oh well, this is great for those that don't already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom