• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BMGf Indian (Card Game) - Pseudonym and TFSpock win! - 9/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BMGf Indian (Card Game)​

For reference to the actual game played in real life, here’s the Wikipedia article.

MECHANICS
In mafia games and most games here, you know only yourself with 100% certainty.
This game is the OTHER way around. You know other players’ “roles”, but you do not know yours.

You will know what cards other players have. However, you will not know the value of the card you have.
(In real life, each player holds the card up to his/her forehead, showing the value to other players while s/he does not see the value of his/her own card.)

In this situation, you will need to bid IN or OUT. Bidding IN will mean you will play your card against other players that bid IN. Bidding OUT means that you draw back, losing the chance to earn points.

HOW TO WIN
You earn points by bidding “IN” for a round while having a card of which value overthrows cards that others who bid “IN” have. After a number of rounds (for this game, three), the winner will be decided based on points.

If you bid IN and win the round, you earn 5 points.
If you bid IN and lose the round, you lose 3 points.
If you bid OUT, no matter what the actual value of your card was, you will lose 1 point.
If every player bid OUT, the round will end without change in scores (as it does not change anything).
(Just in case, if there was a person who was the only one that bid IN, that will count as a win, giving 5 points.)

CURRENT STANDINGS

RULES
  1. NO PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS. Keep all chats in the thread.
  2. ALL BIDS ("IN", "OUT") MUST BE DONE BY PM. If you do not send me a PM telling me your move, your bid will be automatically an IN. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  3. NOTE on VALUES: Spades > Diamonds > Hearts > Clubs
  4. NOTE on VALUES: Ace is the highest, followed by King, Queen, Jack, and 10 to 2.

Feel free to fake your PMs, or fake claims based on what you’ve seen. The thread is for chats relevant to the game. You can lay a trap for others by claiming things like, “Your card’s value sucks”, “Wow, look at your card”, “Would you believe it if I said you have an Ace now?” (Whether that claim is true or not, doesn’t matter)
You can even claim what bid you will make. (“Look at [name]’s card. I’m drawing out! Have fun!”) Again, since your real move will be sent to me via PM, it does not matter to me if the claim is real or not.

EXAMPLE

I’m the bidder of this game, and let’s say there are six players; Rayne, Ryuutakeshi, Phoenicks, parma, Wolverine, and Mijzelffan.

I draw each player’s card with RNG (site here), and let’s say these are the results.

Rayne: Four of Hearts
Ryuutakeshi: Six of Clubs
parma: Three of Spades
Phoenicks: Jack of Clubs
Wolverine: Ace of Diamonds
Mijzelffan: Ace of Spades
I will send each player a PM. To avoid confusion, I will word the values rather than show a picture of what card they each received.

What Rayne will receive:
Ryuutakeshi has Six of Clubs.
parma has Three of Spades.
Phoenicks has Jack of Clubs.
Wolverine has Ace of Diamonds.
Mijzelffan has Ace of Spades.

To brief, let’s see what Mijzelffan would receive.
Rayne has Four of Hearts.
Ryuutakeshi has Six of Clubs.
parma has Three of Spades.
Phoenicks has Jack of Clubs.
Wolverine has Ace of Diamonds.

As you can see, they will ‘see’ what other players have, but what THEY themselves have, they will not know.

Okay, so the round starts. Let’s make up a situation.
(No offense to the fellow moderators, this is just a simulation.)

Rayne sees that there are two players with Aces. Further, they are cards of two highest values, only the Ace of Spades beating that of Diamonds by a margin. This literally looks bad, not worth the bet, so he says OUT.

Both Ryuutakeshi and parma see the Aces too. Not good. -1 is better than -3. They both call OUT.

Is this the only way to make a decision? Not really, let’s show an example, shall I?

Phoenicks thinks differently. He sees two players with Aces, yes, but that will scare players from bidding IN. There’s a chance that both Wolverine and Mijzelffan will bid OUT, scared by each other’s Aces. The numbers 4, 6, and 3 are not really that HARD to beat, there are plenty of values above them and he might have one of them! So he bids IN.

Wolverine thinks the Mijzelffan’s Ace will scare others off too, only that he does not know that he himself is holding an Ace. And Mijzelffan might call OUT, seeing Phoenicks’ Jack. He bids IN.

Mijzelffan notices that Wolverine has Ace of Diamonds. The only card that beats that is Ace of Spades, and that’s a slim chance. He bids OUT. (Remember, he cannot see his own card!)

So the actual results,
Rayne, Ryuutakeshi, parma, and Mijzelffan bid OUT. They automatically lose 1 point.

Phoenicks and Wolverine bid IN. Wolverine has Ace of Diamonds, which overthrows Phoenicks’ Jack of Clubs. Thus, Phoenicks loses 3 points, while Wolverine wins 5.

Wolverine : +5
Rayne, Ryuutakeshi, parma, and Mijzelffan : -1
Phoenicks: : -3

A new round starts.

I will accept up to ten players, and this game will last three rounds.

I’m testing this game, each round will last for 48 hours. There will be three rounds. The winner will be decided after those rounds.
48 hours will give each player plenty of time for discussion, chatting, and most importantly, to make a decision. The updates will be regular, and will take place at 9 PM GMT+9.

Feel free to ask questions! Have fun!

List
1. TFSpock
2. 初音ミク
3. Mijzelffan
4. Flame_
5. Pseudonym
6. Sgt.Pepper's
7. Wolverine

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BMGf Indian (Card Game) - SIGN-UPS - 8/25/11

Sure, in.

I'll join and read the rules later since I'm cooking right now :V

I'm in.

K9QD000A.jpg

Im in, this sounds rather unique

Sign me in, please!

I played this game as a kid and loves it. In.

Since Example Me is so good at this, I'd be a shame not to try this on XD

Okay, since I have enough players to start the game, I will start.

I will send each player a PM about what others players have.

I am done with sending out the PMs, you can start making decisions and chatting from now.

Round 1 starts.

Last edited:

Oh? No more room?

There was room left, but as I said in the OP, I planned to start it after I had enough players (6). ^^;
Sorry, please check later for another game (I plan to host this game more if this one turns out well.)

Re: BMGf Indian (Card Game) - ROUND 1 - 8/26/11

Well. What do i have. I know what you all have, so. I scratch your backs you scratch mine?

Yes.

*Wolverine tells Flame_ to apply anti-itch cream himself for his back* :p

Re: BMGf Indian (Card Game) - ROUND 2 - 8/28/11

@TFSpock ; @初音ミク ; @Mijzelffan ; @Flame_ ; @Pseudonym ; @Sgt.Pepper's ; @Wolverine

DRAW RESULTS
TFSpock : Six of Clubs
初音ミク : Queen of Diamonds
Mijzelffan : Three of Diamonds
Flame_ : Queen of Hearts
Pseudonym : Ace of Spades
Sgt.Pepper’s : Seven of Diamonds
Wolverine : Nine of Hearts

Mijzelffan, 初音ミク, and TFSpock bid OUT.

Sgt.Pepper's : Seven of Diamonds
Flame_ : Queen of Hearts
Pseudonym : Ace of Spades
Wolverine : Nine of Hearts

Thus, Pseudonym wins the round.

---

Current standings

Pseudonym : +5
初音ミク, Mijzelffan, and TFSpock : -1
Flame_, Sgt.Pepper's, and Wolverine : -3

---

ROUND 2 STARTS.
New PMs showing your opponents' cards, for Round 2, are sent.
Please make your bid within 48 hours.

Last edited:

Hell yeah!

@TFSpock ; @初音ミク ; @Mijzelffan ; @Flame_ ; @Pseudonym ; @Sgt.Pepper's ; @Wolverine

---

TFSpock : Five of Diamonds
初音ミク :Eight of Spades
Mijzelffan : King of Spades
Flame_ : Seven of Spades
Pseudonym : Three of Hearts
Sgt.Pepper’s : Queen of Clubs
Wolverine : King of Clubs

---

Excluding Mijzelffan, everyone had bet IN.

TFSpock : Five of Diamonds
初音ミク :Eight of Spades
Flame_ : Seven of Spades
Pseudonym : Three of Hearts
Sgt.Pepper’s : Queen of Clubs
Wolverine : King of Clubs

Thus Wolverine wins the round.

---

CURRENT POINTS
Pseudonym, Wolverine : +2
Mijzelffan : -2
初音ミク, TFSpock : -4
Flame_, Sgt.Pepper's : -6

---
ROUND 3 (last) STARTS.
New PMs showing your opponents' cards, for Round 2, will be sent.
Please make your bid within 48 hours.​

Re: BMGf Indian (Card Game) - ROUND 3 - 8/30/11

*still doesn't get how to play this game* but... woot woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom