• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

12 Days of Bulbagarden contest FAQ: Fanart, fanfic contest prizes announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
12 Days of Bulbagarden contest FAQ: Fanart, fanfic contest prizes announced

Many questions have arisen regarding the 12 Days of Bulbagarden contest. For a list of questions and answers, click read more.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for being dumb. But I don't know what is Amazon.com and how to receive packages from it. Do I need to pay any sign up fee and postages?

Wow, never heard of Amazon? It is the largest online retailer. I'm certain they ship to Hong Kong. Shipping will be paid as part of the prize, so you owe no money. You will be responsible for any customs fees, though.

Geez, doesn't look like anybody has the patience to wait and see what the prizes are. D:

If you won both the fanart and the fanfic competition or got some sort of prize from both, you would only get one prize, right?
Well, my question is will you be notified of where you came? Like, for instance if someone came first in the fanart and third in the fanfic, will they be told that they came third in the fanfic?

Thank you!

There aren't "places" in the fanart and fanfic contests. All three winners for each contest are considered equal.

You can only get one prize or set of prizes.

Region 1 for the DVD. A DS works anywhere IIRC.

Sorry, I guess I phrased that a little confusingly, but what I meant was -
If, for example, you were in the top three for the fanfic competition and your name was drawn on Christmas Day, would you be told that you were one of the original three winners of the fanfic despite not getting a prize or would you just get the DS/game and never know that you won the fanfic competition?

Thanks!

FYI: If you live in a region that can be delivered to by another Amazon store (eg. Amazon.com.au for Australians), we can substitute a local version of a DVD or Wii Game, where available. We will be in touch with any winners outside of the US where this applies.

Also, some prize winners may be announced prior to the final day, depending on the whims of the staff. ;)

I have a question: if someone register to the forum on the day of 25.12 and write one post the same day... will he get into the draw for the DS despite the facts he just registered and just posted one post?
I told a friend about this draw for a DS and he said he don't think he'll stay around here if he'd register since it's not easy for him to write in English... but he's interested in trying his luck and possibly get this DS... so if he'll register and write one post on the 25 - will he be able to win?
Thanks

Also, if you were to win more than one. Say, a draw and a fanfic, could you choose which prize you wanted? Thank you!

EDIT: What time on Christmas Day will the results be announced and what time zone are you guys in?

Last edited:
I still didn't get an answer, if people register today and write one post - do they get into the draw for the DS just like others who were here for a lot of time?

And when exactly the winners are announced? or they aren't announced on the forum at all and just sent PMs?

Well, they said any post at all, excluding those which were just "Yes", "No", etc. So I presume that means that yes, if people register today and make one post they get entered into the draw with an even chance as people who are here for a lot of time.

Unless you get entered for every post you make on each day, but I find that unlikely as it'd kinda encourage spamming =P

Also, does anyone have any idea what time the results are gonna be announced? It's quarter to midnight over here (UTC), but I presume since Argy is in charge of this (I think...) and he's in Idaho (right?) then they've got another 6-8 hours of Christmas left. But if anyone knows what time the results will be up by, that'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Everyone, please be patient with the results. They probably won't be announced until tomorrow. We're short on staff, and we got a huge number of fanfic entries.

I'm not in charge of the contest; I just stepped up to promote it. I'm not doing the random drawings. And I am a woman. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom