• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

12 real gym leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. There's nothing wrong with anyone's team. We've got something good here. No need to spoil things.
(I only wish I had thought of the all legendary team first...LOL)

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with anyone's team. We've got something good here. No need to spoil things.
(I only wish I had thought of the all legendary team first...LOL)

lol.i tryed to get him to trade me types.but he know i would be to good

I don't want to play spoil-sport on this party, but moulding the rules just to fit a leader is downright unfair and easily undermines the setup of the entire thing. If we are going to enforce rules(namely the using 1 legendaries per team), they should be applicable to all battlers, whether they are challengers or gym-leaders or elite four for that matter. We can't disallow our challengers from using a team full of legendaries and broken stuff like Kyogre, Palkia, etc. when we ourselves use stuff like that. Changing a rule just for a single instance is going down a slippery slope. I protest against this.

@comandurr clowncreat

i understand what you ment in the last post.and yes, there will be a change to mkmans team.i was wrong for changing the rules for the newcommers

btw is there any clauses in these battles?

All battles are single battles with no restrictions. That means any Pokemon can be used, there are no level caps (so expect to see a lot of level 100 Pokemon), the Wonder Launcher is used in battle, and you use all 6 Pokemon during the battle.

fgtl (for the gym leaders)

i have spoken with mkman,and he has changed his typ to dragon/water. and will obay all set rules

^ This, and legendaries have an unfair advantage over most pokemon (unless they've been UT and non-EV trained) -___-" I'd be okay with using one, but I'm not using any. I don't see the point. Normal pokemon are just as good, and legendaries would make him seem OP.

he changed his team from the all legend so he complies with the rules now

shouldn't we have a species clause and keep the wonder launcher off?

^Agree. At the very least, we should enforce species clause, and all the Wonder Launcher will do is drag out battles.

not only that, a wonder launcher can simply break games. For example, assume that trainer A has hydreigon while trainer B has chansey. Trainer B easily outstalls and defeats hydreigon by sponging its hits and forcing it out. Finally towards the end of the battle when Chansey has been liquidated(since trainer B sees no reason for keeping it and sacs it), hydreigon is revived and sweeps the team.

not only that, a wonder launcher can simply break games. For example, assume that trainer A has hydreigon while trainer B has chansey. Trainer B easily outstalls and defeats hydreigon by sponging its hits and forcing it out. Finally towards the end of the battle when Chansey has been liquidated(since trainer B sees no reason for keeping it and sacs it), hydreigon is revived and sweeps the team.

I disagree with this and while I don't really care for the launcher, I do how like how that can become part of a stragey and stragey is a reason a Leader might hand out a badge even though the trainer lost.

I am 50-50 on this I see reasons for both

PS: this is what the QT is for we should try to stop using this thread as much as possible but oh well it is a woo post count so meh for me

Then let me do a double post on the QT that outlines a proposal that should make everyone happy

double posts there are fine you can do as many as you want

I would be very interested in being a normal type gym leader or if there already is one then phycic(if there isnt one and any slots are open) i havent read through all the pages so i wouldnt no :3 anyway...ya. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom