• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Salem Witch Trials: COVEN (& Neonsands) WINS! (RATINGS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
swt.png

salemexamof.jpg

June 2nd, 1692
Salem Village, Massachusetts Bay Colony
Gallows Hill

"That woman is a witch!" a voice cried from within the crowd, "She appeared to me last night in an apparition! She tried to kill me!"

"You recognize her?" another demanded, "Hers is the face you saw?"

"Yes! I'm sure of it!"

"NO! IT WASN'T ME, I SWEAR!"

"You are found guilty of practicing witchcraft on June first—"

"NO! YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE—"

"You will burn at the stake for your crimes; a punishment only a witch could survive. Then the truth shall be known—"

"But, THAT'S MAD! I'LL DIE! I—"

"We've heard enough of your mad utterings, witch!"

"Aye! Let's end this now!"

"Aw shucks. Guess she wasn't the witch... Sorry, Catherine!"

_________________________________________________​

With the turbulent setting of a 1692 Salem, Massachusetts as its backdrop, this Mafia-style game (with a few deviations from the standard-formula) will follow the tale of a small group of citizens (Judges, Ministers, Merchants, Physicians, even self-proclaimed Harlots!) as they successively turn on each other in suspicion in the face of the growing threat of a local coven of witches.

At the onset of the game, there will be only one Witch (the "Godfather"), who will periodically visit the homes of other players during the Night Phases to persuade them to join her Coven. Depending on the details of the players' roles, some will accept her invitation, while others will refuse it - forcing the Coven to kill the target to cover their tracks.

_________________________________________________​

Rules
  1. Be active. I reserve the right to sub out or modkill inactive members. Try to post at least once for every three phases at a minimum.
  2. Roleclaims are allowed, but you may only share a character's ability and alignment - posting entire Role PMs is not allowed.
  3. No conversation outside of the game-thread is allowed (except for members of the Witch's Coven).
  4. No screencaps.
  5. If you are eliminated from the game, you are allowed one final "farewell" post - this post must not contain any game-related information, however (including rolechecks, suspicions, lynch-requests, etc.)
  6. Phases will last 24 hours each - the turnover being tentatively scheduled for 11:00 P.M. U.S. Central Standard Time.
  7. If your username changes midway through the game, please post an acknowledgement of this in the game-thread.
  8. Be respectful of other members.
  9. Have fun! Kill all those evil witches!

Members
  1. @SourcandyLynched on Day 8 (TOWN)
  2. @Shiny CelebiLynched on Day 7 (Coven)
  3. @Sky Flame HazeLynched on Day 4 (TOWN)
  4. @Smasher 101Nightkilled on Night 3 (TOWN)
  5. @Flame_WINNER (Witch)
  6. @mewstoneNightkilled on Night 7 (TOWN)
  7. @TFSpockWINNER (Coven)
  8. @Neonsands WINNER - Lynched on Day 1 (Fool)
  9. @HadesiroLynched on Day 6 (TOWN)
  10. @NytieLynched on Day 3 (TOWN)
  11. @The PuppetmasterNightkilled on Night 2 (Independent)
  12. @Derpeh HoovezLynched on Day 5 (TOWN)
  13. @bluesunNightkilled on Night 1 (TOWN)

Last edited:
Re: The Salem Witch Trials (SIGN-UPS) 10/05/2011

sounds fun ^^

In for innies,

All accepted so far. :-D

How long do these games usually last? I'm going camping next weekend, but I'd still like to join if it'll be over before Friday the 14th.

Sure. :sonano:

How long do these games usually last? I'm going camping next weekend, but I'd still like to join if it'll be over before Friday the 14th.

Average games last between two and three weeks, normally. But this one will likely be over exactly then, so you're in the clear.

It depends on how long it takes for all the roles to fill up, as well as the players' decisions. If we assume someone is lynched during every Day Phase, and someone is either converted or nightkilled every Night Phase, then the game could potentially last up to twelve days.

It probably won't, though.

More weight.

/In

Re: The Salem Witch Trials (FOUR SPOTS REMAINING) 10/05/2011

Four spots remaining.

Re: The Salem Witch Trials (SIGN-UPS) 10/06/2011

I'd like to sign up! So, to clarify, are we going to be assigned our roles when the game starts?

Yes, once all the spots are filled, I'll PM everyone their roles and the game will begin once everyone has confirmed receipt of their roles.

THREE SPOTS REMAINING!

Since I died in I11 mafia, I guess I'll join this one.

And shall I make up the last player needed? :D

Re: The Salem Witch Trials (CONFIRMING ROLES) 10/10/2011

@Serene@Shiny Celebi@Sky Flame Haze@Smasher 101@Flame_@mewstone@TFSpock@Neonsands@Hadesiro@Nytie@The Puppetmaster@Derpeh Hoovez@bluesun

Alright, that's all the roles filled! I'll be sending out the Role PMs momentarily, once you've read yours, post here in the thread to confirm your role (if you're new to Mafia, that just means posting: "Role confirmed!" or some variant, not actually posting what your role is :p) and Day 1 will begin once everyone has confirmed their roles!

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom