• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aestivate

mientes
Reaction score
dear thanks to the lovely parmalee. <3

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Mafia

hogwarts.jpg

First and foremost, welcome to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Mafia! I am your all-knowing and wise host, Aestivate. As you can probably tell from the title, this mafia game will be based off the iconic and beloved book series by J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter! More specifically, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh book in the installment. Please note that I am taking elements from the storytelling and that the mafia game will clearly not be a direct adaption of it. And to catch you all up on this point of time in the series...

The cry of the Phoenix ended on one long, mournful note before Fawkes spread his brilliantly fiery wings and took off into the sunset. The beautiful weather seemed to be mocking the scene that played before them.

Mouth set in a grim line, Harry Potter resolutely walked past the eyes of the pitying crowd, emerald green eyes blazing. He lay a single hand on the vast white tomb, knowing that beneath the gleaming marble was an abyss of loss. He felt hands on him, strong, strong hands. Ones that would attempt to hold him up when he felt like everything else was falling.

Tears blurred his vision; Harry took off his glasses and bowed his head. He realized that the hands around him belonged to Ron and Hermione. Around them were the others. His friends, his allies. The ones that would fight alongside him to end this war...

---

Lord Volemort flexed his long, spider-like fingers. There was a slight gleam in his red eyes. Dumbledore was dead. And he, Lord Voldemort, was the one that had triumphed over the so called "greatest wizard ever lived..." And the boy could not be protected by his mother's love or the great old fool ever again...

Voldemort inhaled deeply through the slits in his face. No one knew about his Horcruxes. He'd believed that they were safe, scattered. No one knew of his grand scheme for immortality, and they would pay the price...

Harry Potter... The time to vanquish you and all you hold dear draws near...

---

And just because I can, I made a Role PM for myself...

tumblr_logja3besc1qeyz5j.jpg

Aestivate, you are Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

Unfortunately, at the start of Deathly Hallows you are deceased, though you have left behind a considerable legacy. You have achieved so much during your (considerably long) lifetime, including discovering the twelve uses of dragon blood, becoming Chief Head Warlock of the Wizengamot, being awarded the Order of Merlin, First class, and the defeating Grindelwald in a very notable duel before you settled as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry's most celebrated head. You consider your greatest achievement to be featured on the Chocolate Frog cards. Even though your achievements are innumerable and your knowledge of magic and love extensive, you consider one of your greatest failures to be allowing Lord Voldemort ascend as the most evil dark wizard in all of the wizarding war's history.

Thankfully, before you passed on, you were able to equip Harry Potter with the knowledge and skills necessary to defeat the Dark Lord. As to whether or not he, alongside Dumbledore's Army and The Order of the Phoenix, will be able to defeat the Death Eaters... only time will tell.

Even in death, you try to manipulate the rules of the game as best you can, but you cannot get directly involved. You are aware of all actions - of who the Death Eaters will target next as well as day and night votes and actions. You are also aware of the flow of the Hallows and the Horcruxes.

You are the Game Master. You win the game if the game is completed properly.

Rules and Guidelines

• The GM reserves the right to change any rule that she feels will make the experience of the game more enjoyable and seamless.
  • You must stay active. If you do not post at least once every four phase changes, you are in danger of being subbed out. If you have no interest in continuing, please inform me so that I may sub you out.
  • Each phase (day and night) will last approximately 24 hours. I have a very, very busy RL schedule so this is subject to change. Typically, however, you should expect a phase change every day at 10:00 pm EST.
  • There are two town factions that are essentially the same thing, but in spirit of the books I have decided to separate them by name only: Dumbledore's Army and The Order of the Phoenix. The Death Eaters are the mafia faction.
  • If you change your username, please let the host know!
  • Because many players are very familiar with the premise and the story of the Harry Potter series, revealing the names of the characters reveals their alignment right away. Therefore, you MAY NOT nameclaim, but you MAY roleclaim. You may not even hint the name of your character.
  • I would greatly appreciate if you take ALL relevant game discussion IN-THREAD ONLY. There will be no private PMing among players.
  • You will be GM-killed if...
    - You play with poor sportsmanship. You may not lash out against another player or to the host.
    - You share your role PM with others (forwarding, screenshots, in-thread) and faking role PM's counts toward this rule as well.
    - You speculate or inform upon your death. If you're dead, you are dead. Do not try posting information or accusations. I really hate dead-talking.
    - I find out that there is any private messaging or posting in QT's behind-the-scenes outside designated roles (i.e. mafia, etc). Don't even think about trying it.
    As per this rule:

The GM reserves the right to change any rule that she feels will make the experience of the game more enjoyable and seamless.

and numerous complaints, I'm going to alleviate some of "no outside communication" rule.

I'm going to okay private-messaging among users, but things like Skype/IM are still disallowed. So is nameclaiming. Seriously, do not try it. Again I want to iterate that it just makes the game too easy if everybody knew exactly who the other person was. :p

I want a forward of every single message. I want a link to every single QuickTopic. I will modkill anyone [with no exceptions] that I find hasn't forwarded me a PM/added me to the PM recipient list within the same phase.
  • Most importantly, have fun. This should be a fun and interesting game. And it's my first time hosting so this is a learning experience for me as well. :p

please, please, please be active! a game like this dies if you are inactive! I will try my best to accomodate inactivity, but there is only so much that I can do!.

now, if you've read the rules in their entirety, please include the phrase "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" in your sign-up post. thank you.

Players:
1. @Connossieur boy || Kingsley || GAME WINNER
2. @Wolverine || Fred, killed Night 2
3. @Taiki || Dobby, killed Night 1
4. @dark fawful || Nagini, killed Day 4 || GAME WINNER
5. @Hide in Plain Sight || George, killed Day 5
6. @TFSpock || Umbridge, killed Day 8
7. @Paperhorse|| Tonks || GAME WINNER
8. @Smasher 101 || Ron || GAME WINNER
9. @DCM || Yaxley, killed Day 6
10. @Neonsands || Hagrid, killed Night 4
11. @Serene || Hermione, killed Night 1
12. @Croag || Harry || GAME WINNER
13. @Zenax || Draco, killed Night 3
14. @Laterose || Ginny || GAME WINNER
15. @PichuBoy || Bellatrix, killed Night 4
16. @Vayre || Lord Voldemort, killed Day 9
17. @Master Mew || Severus Snape, killed Night 6
18. @Shiny Celebi
19. @Derpeh Hoovez @Netto Azure
20. @Netto Azure || Lee Jordan, mod-killed Day 2
21. @CosmicJake || Minerva McGonagall, killed in Day 7
22. @The Puppetmaster || Luna || GAME WINNER
23. @GengarEatBanana @Sourcandy
24. @Buoysel || Wormtail || GAME WINNER
25. @Kayi-chan @Hide in Plain Sight, Fenrir Greyback, killed Night 5
26. @garrison-san @Zenax || Neville, killed Night 8

26 is the final number. Anyone else who wants to play after that is a sub.

Subs:

If any of the non-mafia dead would like to sub, please PM me!

Helpful Links (very handy for beginners!)​

Phase Changes

Last edited:
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Mafia! || Now accepting sign-ups ~ 10.1

In, pelase

I solemly swear, that I am up to no good

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Mafia! || Now accepting sign-ups ~ 10.1

in

i am not writing that phrase though I read the rules :p

Including the phrase you have included to make sure people read the rules is open to people catching on, so knowing of its existence will hopefully let me in :p

Can I post Mischief managed instead? Because that implies that I was able to do what I wished when I was up to no good :D

Anyways, so in.

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

I'm joining.....I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Not a big Harry Potter fan, but sure.

(I solemnly swear I am up to no good)

I'm in.

Sure

That stuff about swearing and being up to no good. You just had to make it in tiny font that I'd miss :/

Last edited:

:U

Am I in!
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good... or do I? :B

HARRY POTTER MAFIA?

FUCK YES, IN.

[sub]I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.[/sub]

Eep! IN

Also, ISSTIAUTNG

I brightly swear that I have good intentions.

Sounds good, IN.

I'm in!

Wow, alright. It's been a little less than 10 hours and there are already so many spaces filled n_n
TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO PLAY!
If the demand to play is high enough, I CAN expand the game to include another 5 roles (I just brainstormed a couple more today; they're waiting on the wings to be added if absolutely necessary), but I'm definitely maxing out at 30 players. Sorry. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom