• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW059 - Tornelos VS Voltolos VS Landlos (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BW059 - "トルネロスVSボルトロスVSランドロス!(前編)"
Translation: "Tornelos VS Voltolos VS Landlos (Part 1)"
Airing on: "December 8, 2011"
Source: Newtype

266px-BW059.png

Previous information about the episodes:

Confirmed to be in December by this scan

wwwdotuporg2024122.jpg
p.26
The adventures ahead will heat up even more!
Catch info on the Legendary Pokemon waiting along Satoshi's path! In a fearsome storm appear the trio of Tornalos, Voltolos and Landlos!! Why have they shown themselves? And, just how far does Team Rocket's plan extend... The adventure only gets hotter from here on out, so don't look away!!
p.27
|> In both hands, Tornalos prepares razor-sharp discus made from light! He attacks using the strength of the wind!?
<| Voltolos strikes back! It seems like the two are battling, but why!?
^ It looks like Landlos is stopping the pair fighting, but...? Just what does this painting depict...!?
Satoshi: Look forward to it!!
(-) The episode about these three is planned for broadcast in December! Look forward to it! (May differ in some regions)

Staff Info:
Screenplay: Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard, Director: Kazuomi Koga
Animation director: Tatsuya Annoura (this guy usually only does key animation; guess Iwane did Part 2)

Smash scenes

Pokemon Smash is showing scenes of the episodes.

Landorus releases lots of slash of goldern aura towards Tornadus and Thundurus.

Landorus gets smashed into a rock, because he comes out of a rock with his outline in the rock.

Everyone is shocked at something happening.

Ash and co. and Yuto look through a book or some sort of map.

Tornadus goes through a cloud and Hammer Arms(?) Thundurus.

Yuto feeds Gothorita something, I think the Resurrection Grass in this cabin. Of Yuto's I assume/

Landorus releases another Hyper Beam attack near a cliff.

Stunfisk jumps off the ground with Pikachu on him and they both let out thunder attacks.

Landorus creates an box shaped forcefield around thing and then box shaped forcefields surround Tornadus and Thundurus as well.

Screenshot

JabBH.jpg
Thanks to Misaki (from Bulbapedia) for the link...

bluesun said:
[video=youtube;Bhg99Qq9w-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhg99Qq9w-w[/video]

The next adventure... is this!
[Orange: Seeking Resurrection Grass] Eh? I can't have a Gym Battle unless I bring you some Resurrection Grass?
[Blue: Satoshi and friends head to Milos Island] Alright! Let's go to the Legendary Island, Milos Island!
[Pink: The Legendary Pokemon] Ah! The Pokemon are rampaging! What's happening!
[Green: Tornaloss and Voltoloss attack!!] Next time: Pocket Monsters: Best Wish:
[Purple: What is going on!?] Tornaloss VS Voltoloss VS Landoloss! (Start) Everyone, Get Pokemon!

Ahead of Satoshi and friends who arrive at the island known as the "Legendary Island", Milos Island, is much withered Resurrection Grass... But, that is nothing but a mere prologue to the great fight between the Legendary Pokemon...!
Part 1
For his Gym Battle, Satoshi and his friends return to Hodomoe City, but as always, Yacorn is very busy and cannot face him. Yacorn says that if he brings Resurrection Grass, he will battle him, and Satoshi and friends head to the island known as the "Legendary Island", Milos Island in search of Resurrection Grass.
When Satoshi and friends arrive on Milos Island, they meet a youth, Yuuto, who harvests Resurrection Grass together with his "Decorated Flower" Pokemon, Dredia.
Part 2
Yuuto says that recently, the earth has got thin, which has upset the grass-type Pokemon and caused the Resurrection Grass to wither.
Yuuto and Satoshi and friends, following the legends of Milos Island, pray to the God of Fertility, the "Fertility" Pokemon, Landoloss, and begin a ceremony to summon rain. But instead, the God of Lightning, the "Whirlwind" Pokemon, Tornaloss, appears...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW058 -

I have no idea what is happening or what Pokémon will be appearing in these episodes. Damn Pokémon and their cryptic episode titles.

Seriously though, about time we got a title xD

Re: BW059 - The Kami Trio encounter

I was just wondering earlier today if we would be getting the official titles soon. Looking forward to the iwaneful animation! ^^

So it looks like we have confirmation that this is going to be a two-parter.

Expected this to be a multi-parter. I believe this is a two-parter as well. There is not much to go on to say that this will last as long as three episodes.

I'm just glad to see Iris using her nature wild child powers to help out. One of my favorite aspects of her, is her being at one with nature. It's only fitting she have such a huge role in this ep, and doing a shrine ritual with that goth dressed in nature stuff. She's using her Doryuuzu to stop the chaos, really enjoy seeing her in action.

Hm, I have a feeling Chili and Cress will also be involved in these episodes. This one takes place immediately after the Cilan Vs Chili episode, and these three arm-folding, cloud-torso'd,flying assholes are brothers. Hell, they even have similar colors to Cilan and his siblings. I'd sure like to see them stick around for a while, rather then the writers shoving another generic CoTD down our throats, since as many past episodes have shown, it's almost impossible for Ash, Iris and Cilan to have an adventure without some other human showing up.

This sounds like it's gonna be an awesome arc, if it will be or not time will tell.

I would also love to see Cilan and his brothers in this, even more so with them being in the episode which airs right before. Hopefully the writers don't rush them out and just let them stay.

Thanks to Haru-Kaa:
"サトシはホドモエジムに行って、ジム戦に挑戦しようとする。だがジムリーダーのヤーコンはサト シに
復活草を持ってきたらジム戦をしてもいいと告げる。そこでサトシは復活草が取れるというミロス 島に
向井、ポケモンの協力を得て、復活草を採取する青年・ユウトと出会う。ユウトから土地が痩せて いる
ために復活草が枯れていると聞いたサトシは…"

Last edited by a moderator:
Its probably going to be a 2-parter, like most of these usually are.

If its 3-parts I'd expect these long drawn out fight scenes like between the 3 birds of Movie 2.

Hm, I have a feeling Chili and Cress will also be involved in these episodes. This one takes place immediately after the Cilan Vs Chili episode, and these three arm-folding, cloud-torso'd,flying assholes are brothers. Hell, they even have similar colors to Cilan and his siblings.

1) It would make a lot of sense for Chili and Cress to be there, and I'd love it, and...

2) Don't Tornelos, Voltolos, and Landlos remind anybody else of that Cyclos guy from "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker"? I've thought that since I first saw them...

please oh please oh please can dent's brothers be in this episode? aren't they color-coded in about the same way?
that would definitely make this trio way more interesting to me.

Another brilliant multi-parter. Let's hope this one isn't banned postponed. The thing that I care about the most is that there's at least an 11 episode gap between Elesa and Clay. And also, this'll be the first super dramatic and exciting arc since the Team Galactic finale.

@NintendoGamer Subway two-parter says hi. :p

But I agree, I'm pretty excited for the showdown especially because of the slew of slow episodes we've been having and the fillers we will have coming up but I'd be happier about it with more characters.

You know, watching what little we've seen of this ep so far, the actual fighting looks like a return to DP's level of violence and contact.

That's really good.

@NintendoGamer Subway two-parter says hi. :p

But I agree, I'm pretty excited for the showdown especially because of the slew of slow episodes we've been having and the fillers we will have coming up but I'd be happier about it with more characters.

Apparently I forgot about that two-parter. I don't know why though, because it only aired a couple of months ago. Anyway, I', also looking forward to it after the uneventful BW053-BW057.

Yeah, the last batch of fillers of BW have been on the dull side.

Its good to see the show have something of interest happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom