• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbacast Episode 10 Preview & Review Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Bulbacast Episode 10 will be recorded at 8PM EDT (12AM GMT). If you want to be a call in, please post in the discussion thread. [HASHTAG]#bulbacast[/HASHTAG] @ irc.dejatoons.net will open one hour prior to recording (at 7PM EDT).

Expected topics of discussion include
  • AG171 - Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!
  • Diamond/Pearl speculation
  • Call in's!

Last edited by a moderator:
/me pokes Pie with a giant microphone. (Translation: Get on skype now!).

Dogasu said:
I've still never heard of this so-called "Eastern Daylight Time"...
You should be grateful. I hate Daylight Savings Time!

Misty said:
Eastern Standard Time - the time zone of the Eastern USA.

Eastern Daylight Time - the above, modified for daylight savings.

It is currently 8:35 PM EDT.

I know what it's *supposed* to be. I've just never heard anyone actually *use* it. Ever. EVERYONE I've ever come across, whether it's in real life or on the Internet, says "Eastern Standard Time" all year long.

Archaic said:
Not until you fix that signature to comply with the rules, for a start. :p

Oh, btw. I have a new smaller sig, too. And it's even better. Didja notice?

Oh yeah, thx for having me on yesterday too. Always a pleasure.

Erm, could we get a link to the cast? I don't see it anywhere, and I know it's out. o_o

when does it come in kansas? i have been looking, and it hasnt shown up on itunes yet.

The use of music is getting better all the time but I felt that it was just a little too loud over the introduction.

Thanks for the run-through, Nintendo Theater.

We've seen the result of Flint and Lola as Gym Leaders at the beginning of AG. Flint isn't lazy, he just isn't capable of running the Gym. As for Misty's family, her sisters aren't particularly interested in responsibility. Thus, why Daisy needs to be kept away from the badges at all costs.

A lemon for every ship on the list? As a person who doesn't write lemons and has contributed to the list with some ships only I support, I find that a little doubtful.

May didn't hug Ash, but she did decide to hug someone else later.

Not only is Misty willing to wait, but May has "never been good at waiting". (AG1)

I liked Glory Day when I first heard it, but it has worn very thin since then.

Now irony is the relevation of Haruka's Theme being the new ending the day after you recorded the cast. :p

Okay. I don't have much to say for this ep aside from the fact that PPN seemed really quiet this time around but everyone seemed more buoyant as well. Maybe it was the good week of news. I'm certainly excited about the recent episode revelations with TR and Brock.

Oh, I loved the ending song with the catchy beat. What was it called? I suppose asking for the song itself would be illegal.

The Ranger thing is now bothering me. So they aren't benevolent defenders of the environment and Pokemon? That just burst my bubble. As for Max, he seems more suited to being the next Professor Oak, especially if Rangers are in the business of using Pokemon. But here's my thought: Why do Rangers get all the blame? I mean, isn't there a reason Pokemon fight before you capture them? What about the ethics of Pokeballs and Pokemon capture in the first place? Is there really all that much difference? Aren't Pokemon simply warriors, tools to an end? It seems this way to me.

In the anime, of course it's a different story, and a more pleasant one. Pokemon have much more free will there and to my understanding, they are not necessarily bound to a trainer and could technically either run away or disobey if they wanted. Heck, they've displayed both these tendencies in the show. But for the games, it does seem like Pokemon are more manipulated and numerical than actual meaningful friends. And how is the Ranger relationship in the anime different from a trainer-Pokemon bond? It seems really strange that Pokemon in the anime, once caught, just automatically become obedient, and yet they've mitigated for actual battling and capturing by somehow showing that a Pokemon likes a trainer first.

I guess what I'm asking is that for the anime, are Rangers depicted as somehow not caring about Pokemon, while good trainers tend to be concerned for how the Pokemon feel about battling or Pokeballs or what have you? Pikachu's not forced into a ball and Pokemon have come out of their balls on their own for various reasons, either because they're fooling around or because a trainer may be in danger. That capture device thing is really problematic if it does indeed give a Pokemon no choice and there was no previous indication that the Pokemon even liked/trusted the Ranger.

I know this post sounds wishy-washy, but that's why I'm asking. Perhaps being a Ranger is not at all a noble profession.

Edit: I'm glad the cast was long. I'd rather it run long and everyone says what they need to than for it to be constrained by time limit.

That ending song happens to be Pokemon Kazoeuta (Karaoke Version). It's a pretty good song to end the cast with.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom