• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promotions: Skin ...

New promotions have been announced today by the Pokémon Global Link. Japanese Global Link accounts have access to a Crustle C-Gear skin, and American Global Link accounts will have access to the Pokémon Lucario. While the skin requires no password, Lucario will require a password that comes with specially marked copies of Pokémon Black and White in American Target stores.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promot

I think the Lucario download is completely unfair. Like a lot of other people, I have both games, so there's no point in me buying anything so I can't get it.

Re: Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promot

This Lucario promo has got to be one of the dumbest distributions I've seen in a while. How many people will actually be encouraged to buy the game because of this promo? And the fact that it is only limited numbers and only at one store really means that most people without the game aren't even going to know about it.

So in other words, I have to buy ANOTHER copy of BW from a specific store for $35?

No way!

IMO, these passworded events are stupid. I hope TPCi uses them a lot less.....

The fact this is our first "limited" DW promotion is better than having so many, like Japan does. It's going to stint, but this was bound to happen anyway.

...Bullet Punch is linked to {{p}} and not {{m}}. Never mind that Lucario's male with Bullet Punch of all things. It's just sexy dressings for something that's not even that great, anyway.

On the other hand, that Crustle skin is adorable and I hope it's released to us, someday.

The idea is stupid
If your looking for some c-gears you probily already have the game/both

That is completly stupid, now I'm gonna have to trick my brother into bying one of them. UGGH!

Maybe this will encourage me to get White version...? Nah, I don't even have the money right now...but hey, can't someone just put the code up like people have done before? I know Nintendo Power had some passwords in the past, but I stopped subscribing to them so I know I didn't get those passwords from them.

But apart from that, THAT CRUSTLE SKIN IS SO CUTE <3

People! People! Do like I do: Wait for the password to get leaked on the internet! There's no need to buy an additional copy of Black or White! :nono:
Someone who does buy the game is bound to post it on some website. Just Google it when the promotion starts (or a few days after the promotion starts), and there should be something there.

Now for that Crustle..... Am I the only one who is "bugged" by those big eyes? Oooo.... Creepy.....

People! People! Do like I do: Wait for the password to get leaked on the internet! There's no need to buy an additional copy of Black or White! :nono:
Someone who does buy the game is bound to post it on some website. Just Google it when the promotion starts (or a few days after the promotion starts), and there should be something there.

All signs point to this being a one-time-use serial code, otherwise that would work.

I'm really not liking this promotion. There are plenty of other products they could have included this in. I already own two copies of both Black and White in English and a copy of each in Japanese. I'm not sure I can justify buying it yet again.

All signs point to this being a one-time-use serial code, otherwise that would work.

I'm really not liking this promotion. There are plenty of other products they could have included this in. I already own two copies of both Black and White in English and a copy of each in Japanese. I'm not sure I can justify buying it yet again.

Well $#!*...... There goes my idea.....

I wouldn't want to buy another copy either. Even if I did, there isn't a Target store around where I live. This stinks!

Oh great. So my boyfriend getting me a copy of White for christmas cost me a lucario. Not really, of course...I personally dont like Lucario. But regardless, its a horrible precedent for them to set, and they should not proceed. I will be writing a letter with righteous indignation.

Edit: I just noticed, that you can only even see the lucario promotion with an active global link account. It wont show up otherwise. This may well be the worst thought out promotion of all time.

Yeah, there are MUCH easier ways to get a Bullet Punch Lucario, with a better ability, than paying for another copy of the game (probably a sign Pokemon Grey is coming soon).

Loving the Crustle C-Gear skin though.

They chose now to release an event? I got black a few days ago from Best buy. Why target?

So I bought them both opening day only to be punished for it?

I can understand how some people can think that, but I honestly didn't get that idea from reading the article the first time around...or after seeing the news article on the Global Link site. They used the same language when referring to the codes as always, so there's a chance that all codes will be same and that they can be leaked.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind having to buy a copy of a game that I already own just to get a Dream World Lucario, but whatever. I'm sure I'll stumble upon a Lucario eventually...

Last edited:

That Crustle skin is adorable x3 really hoping it comes to the US.
I really wish they would wise up and stop giving out male dw promo Pokemon, they just aren't worth the trouble :/

I'll get the Lucario, though I already have two.
And while I do like my high-level Crustle, I would not want it in my face at every out-of-battle moment.

The hell? I guess that's a smart way to promote sales, but that's totally unfair to those of us who already have the games. Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom