• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rayquaza wins 15th anniversary poll: To be distributed in February

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Rayquaza wins 15th anniversary poll: To be distributed in February

Rayquaza has won the Japanese 15th anniversary poll, in which fans were asked to vote for their favorite version mascot. It will now be distributed at Pokémon Center stores and certain game stores from Feb. 10 to 27, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Really? I really would have expected Charizard, Groudon, Dialga or Giratina. Still, rare Pokemon is rare.

...Rayquaza.... With V-Create... We're ALL dead now....

Wow Rayquaza with V-Create! I was so excited since I do have a Japanese Black until I saw it was an in-store event intead of wi-Fi. Hopefully they will put this up on wi-fi after its in-store run is finished for those living on the other sde of the world. They have done that a few times in the past so Im going to keep hoping!! :)

competitively speaking, i don't see it making any sort of ripples in the ubers metagame. maybe a cb set in a sun team.

edit: it can't use the sun due to airlock. thanks to snorlax monster for informing me.

Last edited:
Well, the polls show Reshiram dominated Zekrom and that people's least favourite version mascots are Venusaur and Blastoise. Also, people love their third version mascots; all third version mascots were in the top 5, except Blastoise, and all Pokémon in the top five except Reshiram are from third versions (I'm counting Pikachu as a third version mascot even though Yellow is technically a fourth version).

competitively speaking, i don't see it making any sort of ripples in the ubers metagame. maybe a cb set in a sun team.
Of course, Rayquaza wouldn't get the boost from sun due to Air Lock.

Well, the polls show Reshiram dominated Zekrom and that people's least favourite version mascots are Venusaur and Blastoise. Also, people love their third version mascots; all third version mascots were in the top 5, except Blastoise, and all Pokémon in the top five except Reshiram are from third versions (I'm counting Pikachu as a third version mascot even though Yellow is technically a fourth version).

Of course, Rayquaza wouldn't get the boost from sun due to Air Lock.

oops, thats a derp moment on my part.

Wow, that's kinda neat. D8 Shoot, and classic ribbon means no GTS V-Create Rayquaza for me. >n>

My only shock here is that Reshiram placed higher than Zekrom--I thought Zekrom was more popular worldwide, not just in America. Interesting.

I'm disappointed that Venusaur was placed last, it's my favorite version mascot. <_<

Reshiram gets shown some much needed love & ..... is that a Rayquaza with V-Create? o_O

Well goodbye to Rayquaza using Overheat, just goddamn. Dragon Dance Rayquaza is going to be even more of a monster not to mention especially the CB version. Glad they gave him something though since he gets no other DW ability.

Now if they only gave Sacred Fire to Dragonite/Salamance/Garchomp...

Rayquaza with V-Create?!

Ohohoho. Now I really got to get a Pokemon Global Link acount.

The idea of Rayquaza with V-Create is rather interesting.
Though when it comes to competitive, it is a risky move, considering the drawbacks manifested in a drop in speed and defenses. Leaves it wide open.
Doesn't make the SB or SD set any less frightening. Kyogre will take quite a toll still from +2.

DDQuaza won't see much action with it, since you're nullifying the much appreciated speed.

So? Just imagin a Rayquaza using V-Create. It's, just epic. Not bad, good, epic, and awesome, and there isn't a thing ya can't do about it, so stop whining.

SORRY.

tumblr_lj9vvpnlRD1qz9upvo1_500.jpg

Holy crap V-Create Rayquaza is going to be AWESOME.

Attachments

• tumblr_lj9vvpnlRD1qz9upvo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lj9vvpnlRD1qz9upvo1_500.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 811
Oh dear... isn't Rayquaza bad enough now? but noooo let's just give him a fuckin 180 base power attack to offset his 150 basr attack... he'll give Kyogre arun for his money for best competive Pokemon

Oh dear... isn't Rayquaza bad enough now? but noooo let's just give him a fuckin 180 base power attack to offset his 150 basr attack... he'll give Kyogre arun for his money for best competive Pokemon

Keep in mind that Kyogre is 2x resistant to fire moves, so not even a V-Create from Rayquaza would kill it shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom