• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW065: Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
Assistant director - Takaomi Kanezaki
Animation director - Atsushi Ogata

In a nearby city, a boy named Nick asks Satoshi to borrow his Pikachu to use in a double battle against his friend Glen. Glen fights with Pendror and Gamageroge while Nick uses Pikachu and...the Sunglasses Waruvile!?

Re: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Threa

The only thing I gathered from this episode was something we already knew

tumblr_ldqsflGDKg1qagjn7o1_500.gif

MY GLASSES, I CAN'T BE SEEN WITHOUT MY GLASSES

And his "I waited for you Satoshi" montage.

But seriously, episode was meh. Capture was meh. Battle was meh. Waruvile did look pretty adorable when he was looking for his glasses, though :3 The COTD weren't very enticing or entertaining to me, except when that one kid almost punched the other kid, looool.

Attachments

• tumblr_ldqsflGDKg1qagjn7o1_500.gif
    tumblr_ldqsflGDKg1qagjn7o1_500.gif
    407.7 KB · Views: 278
Re: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Threa

I actually laughed when the little kid looked at Pikachu and was all like "You made a 100,000 Bolt attack come from the sky? That must mean you're the pre-evolved form of Zekrom!"

"WABI WABI WAA!"

... That's the only memorable thing in this episode. The croc sounds so funny!

I really wish Gamageroge's debut had been held off until a later episode where it would have had a chance to shine. For such a cool Pokemon, it was wasted in this episode.

BTW, can anyone tell me what that glowing ball attack that Gamageroge used was?

Awww, Nick was so cute. I laughed when he thought Pikachu evolved into Zekrom. <3 As for Seismitoad's debut, it wasn't so bad. Lilligant's was the worst, and I wouldn't call Palpitoad's stunning either.

Damn, that thing actually followed Pikachu everywhere. Krokorok was present watching Pikachu's battle against Excadrill in the Club Battle, watching Ash and co. go inside Clay's Pokemon Gym, and causing the mess that led to the Klinklang getting stuck inside the rock in the Chargestone Cave. It would have been better if we actually saw the pokemon in those episodes, but I guess the writers had no idea if they really wanted to keep Krokorok around at those points.

Last edited:

I like Waruvile, so I don't mind it's capture really. It's too bad it couldn't have been captured earlier, because it has a fun personality (which will ultimately not be seen much now due to the overcrowded nature of Ash's team).

This episode was pretty boring. Frankly, I couldn't give two shits about these kids and their problems, so it's kind of a shame it had to be the framing device for the capture of a pretty good 'mon. Waruvile definitely deserved better imo, but at the very least, he's a fun enough character to make this worth watching.

It's cute how he was actually following the gang around and watching their exploits all this time, though I honestly wish this was something that had been explored a little more. He didn't have to appear, but they could have at least left a few hints here and there for the folks at home to piece together.

As a side note, it was nice of Ash to let the 'croc retrieve his glasses when they fell off mid-battle. I wonder if his future opponents will show the same courtesy? :p

Was I the only one kind of reminded of The Lion King 1 1/2 when they showed Krokorok following Ash and causing some of the problems that went on in those episodes?

A couple of quick oddities I also noticed during the episode:

- When defeated, Pendror and Gamageroge's eyes weren't spiral. That was unusual.
- The Poke Ball that Satoshi caught Waruvile in didn't shrink after the capture. Guess Satoshi only had five Pokemon on him for some reason...

EDIT: Just checked the screencaps. While the Poke Ball didn't shrink, it did remain red in the center. Satoshi will be making a phone call to Araragi then.

This ep does seem rather disappointing. While it is a capture ep, it's mostly a "help the COTD" ep in disguise. And the worst kind, involving little kids. We've been through the "how to play pokemon" schtick already, geez. Not to mention that this is the most competent Ash has been in a while, but that's only compared to LITTLE KIDS. I won't get too angry, though, but this is rather bland at best.

IDK how I feel about the chubby kid's seiyuu being Tomohiro Waki(Kenyan's Seiyuu)

Anyway I liked the episode for what it was.

I really wish Gamageroge's debut had been held off until a later episode where it would have had a chance to shine. For such a cool Pokemon, it was wasted in this episode.

BTW, can anyone tell me what that glowing ball attack that Gamageroge used was?

I believe it's Drain Punch.

ehh im new here:p

where did you guys watch this episode..?

To be honest, looking at it, I was expecting much more from the double battle. It was pretty pathetic in my opinion, but it's cool that Ash now has Krokorok on his team.

Still, "pre-evolved form of Zekrom" is probably the funniest thing from the series yet. XD

A lot of users watch the episode while it airs using a program called KeyHoleTV which you can find more info about here.

There aren't any other legal methods to watch the Anime outside of Japan, so that's the extent of information we can give.

A lot of users watch the episode while it airs using a program called KeyHoleTV which you can find more info about here.

There aren't any other legal methods to watch the Anime outside of Japan, so that's the extent of information we can give.

I can only watch it when it comes out in English, so I gather what I can from serebii.com's screencaps and what the people in the forums say.

I find it funny that Glenn sounds like he's 20-something years old despite being younger and shorter than Ash (I assume).

I actually laughed when the little kid looked at Pikachu and was all like "You made a 100,000 Bolt attack come from the sky? That must mean you're the pre-evolved form of Zekrom!"

He's been watching too much 4Kids.

Last edited:

I don't know how they did it, but they made Seismitoad oddly adorable. That's quite an accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom