• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia III: The Mafia & Shendu Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J J M

never ever giving up
Reaction score
Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia III
The Return of the Demon Sorcerers

Jackiechanadventures_logo.png

Plot:

Uncle was sitting silently staring out the window with a grave expression on his face. Tohru was worried seeing Uncle like this. He had been locked up in the library and hasn’t eaten for days. Nor has he said a word since he got out of there and just remained deep in thought. Jackie and Jade were out on a special assignment by Section 13 (well more like Jackie was assigned the mission and Jade tagged along as usual) and were gone for a few weeks. It was just Tohru and Uncle.

“Here, sensei. I made your favorite mungbean sandwich along with the mungbean pickle you like.” said Tohru cheerily, holding out a plate for Uncle.

“We’re in grave danger, Tohru.” Uncle said, not even looking back.

“What do you mean, sensei…?”

“That Solar Eclipse going to happen soon…”

“That thing? It’s going to happen a week from now…”

“Which is also when the Year of the Dragon will begin. They're happening at the same time! It does not bode well...”

“I don’t understand, sensei….”

“The Year of the Dragon is when Shendu would be the strongest and the Solar Eclipse would mean the link between our world and the Demon World would become very hazy.”

“You mean the portal? But even if Shendu comes back to our world, we’ve defeated him lots of times before and we can do it again!”

“That is not what I fear, Tohru…there exists a spell that can hold up a portal to the Demon World indefinitely while usually it closes after someone passes through it once. Shendu tried to use it before but for some reason did not. What if he uses it now? What if all of the Demon Sorcerers once again comes into our world…”

Tohru looked stunned. No one said a word for a few minutes while Tohru took in the full magnitude of what Uncle said.

“I’ll inform the others at once. We’ll go to the Portal and try to make sure that does not happen.”

Tohru immediately left the room while Uncle remained there. He said quietly to himself, “I fear something grave will happen soon, no matter what we do to stop it…”

Basic Tutorial (edited from Mintaka’s which is edited from Rayne’s):

There are two sides for the players. One is the “Forces of Goodness”, or simply the Town, and the other is the “Demon Sorcerers”, or simply the Mafia. The majority of the players are the Town (sometimes referred to as “innocents”). There are also a few players who are allied neither with the town or mafia but rather with themselves. They are called “independents”.

Most of the town players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to outnumber the town.

As soon as one side achieves its goal, whether it’s Day or Night, the game ends.

At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched (‘No lynch’ is an option).
At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is removed from play.

Mafia attempts a kill during the Night phases.

Some players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night. There may be other conditions for activations so keep those conditions in mind. They will be stated in your role PM.

Communication is the key. Some roles work better if coordinated with other actions.
Some roles have a hidden ability which will be activated under certain circumstances.

Rules (edited from Mintaka’s):

#1. As the host, I claim the right to add, edit, or delete rules as needed in this game.

#2. Warnings and/or Modkills for…
- Poor Sportsmanship: It’s just a game and we’re here to have fun after all. ^^

- Revealing your Role PM: In any way possible. No screenshots, copy-pasting excerpts from it, hinting your ability etc-
- Faking a Role PM: Even though it may not be your “real” Role PM, it still counts under that rule.

- Character Claiming: NOT ALLOWED. However sharing of roles or role abilities is allowed. Discussing of which character a player is based on their role is allowed but you cannot claim yourself or confirm or deny someone else’s suspicion.

- Inactivity: Please notify me before hand (not right before) if you cannot play for a while, and I won’t replace you (you are still in the game however and can be lynched/killed). If you think you can’t remain active throughout the game…you might not want to sign up.

If you haven't posted in the thread at least once for three phases in a row, you will be regarded as inactive. If you’re lying low, just inform me you’re still there. However at least post once in a while in the thread to let the other players know you’re there. “Militant” lurking is not really encouraging.

- Posting after Death and giving out Info: If you die, go ahead and have your usual death post and maybe occasional joke posts but don’t reveal any critical information to other living players. That includes any sort of information at all.

- Sharing the Mafia QT: You cannot share the QT with anyone without my permission.

#3. Rules regarding private conversations

This is a No Private Communications game. So no private conversations between players. At all.

#4. If you change your username, please say it in the thread.

#5. For voting, say "Vote: name". To cancel that, just post "Unvote: name" and then vote for another player if you want to.
You can vote “No lynch”, but in a tie between lynching a player and “no lynch”, lynching will win. There will be only ONE lynch per day.

#6. About actions, you can change the target, as long as it's before I am updating the phase.
Some night actions will take effect upon the moment that I read the PM, so keep that in mind.

#7. UPDATES: Each phase will last for 24 hours.
I will update at 3 PM GMT.
And if I cannot update at the specified time, I’ll try to notify that in-thread and if I cannot do that, please understand that the phase is extended for a while.

On to the role mechanics (it isn’t much this time):

Tso_Lan,_Moon_Demon.jpg

...god help us all.​

• This will be a “No Private Communications” game. Meaning other than through the thread, players aren’t allowed to communicate with each other through PMs and such. Even the mafia would have limitations.

• Even though it’s a no private communication game, during the start of the game the mafia would have a QT where they may discuss with each other about their abilities or strategies for the rest of the game and such because around Night 1, the mafia cannot talk with each other anymore. At least not without some limitations.

• Any messages sent to each other between the mafia during the game have a chance of being leaked. So be careful when doing so.

• For Mafia Kills, each member of the mafia has to make a vote in the QT (referred to as “Kill Votes”) for whom they think would be a suitable target for that night, and the one with the most votes will be picked as the kill target.

• So, in short, other than the no private communications bit and the kill votes, this is pretty much a classic mafia game with the usual win conditions for the town and mafia. You've got your usual independents too.

Finally, have a fun game everyone and make the best of it. ^^

Last edited:
Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia 3 - 3/2/12 - Sign-ups

Players:

1. @Hide in Plain Sight-> Jade. Killed on Night 3.
2. @Paperhorse-> Po Kong. Lynched on Day 10.
3. @Mijzelffan-> Shendu. Survivor.
4. @Croag-> Mama Tohru. Killed on Day 12.
5. @Soulmaster-> Drew. Killed on Night 10.
6. @Luminosity-> Drago. Killed on Night 9.
7. @Zenax-> Ratso. Killed on Night 2.
8. @Kakuna Matata-> El Toro. Killed on Night 11.
9. @Sourcandy-> Larry. Killed on Night 1.
10. @Parmalee-> Hak Foo. Lynched on Day 3.
11. @DrumBeats-> Valmont. Killed on Day 9.
12. @Aestivate-> Dai Gui. Lynched on Day 6.
13. @Buoysel.-> Finn. Lynched on Day 7.
14. @CommanderPigg-> Hsi Wu. Lynched on Day 8.
15. @Neonsands-> Bai Tza. Killed on Night 9.
16. @Neosquid-> Miss Hartman. Killed on Day 12.
17. @Hitomi-> Chow. Killed on Night 8.
18. @Baron Dante-> Jackie Chan. Killed on Day 12.
19. @Tsutarja-> Tohru. Killed on Night 9.
20. @Mr. Fahrenheit-> Captain Black. Killed on Day 4.
21. @PichuBoy-> Tchang Zu. Survivor.
22. @Ma†erialGirl McQüeen-> Viper. Killed on Night 6.
23. @Octy-> Kepler. Lynched on Day 12.
24. @Spirit of Vengeance-> Uncle. Killed on Night 9.
25. @Synthesis-> Paco. Killed on Night 5.
26. @Nælþarion@Karamazov-> Daolon Wong. Lynched on Day 9.
27. @Master Mew-> Tso Lan. Survivor.
28. @Netto Azure-> Xiao Fung. Lynched on Day 11.

Phase Changes:

Last edited:
Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia 3 - 3/2/12 - Sign-ups

I volunteer as tribute.

Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia 3 - [3/2/12] - Sign-ups

In.

I'd like to be a sub.

@Hide in Plain Sight could you maybe remove that post? I think it's more convenient for everyone if the OP and player-list are next to each other.

If anyone doesn't want to join right now due to the many games currently running, I won't be starting this any time soon (it'll take around a week). So you don't have to worry about that.

I think I will join

Ooh, ooh, me please :)

Yes x2. In.

@Hide in Plain Sight could you maybe remove that post? I think it's more convenient for everyone if the OP and player-list are next to each other.

That's for the host to decide whether or not he wants to make that request of HiPS, as it is their thread and they can choose to handle it how they see fit.

@J J M Please add me as a sub and if you need me to merge your two posts, feel free to ask.

That's for the host to decide whether or not he wants to make that request of HiPS, as it is their thread and they can choose to handle it how they see fit.

You are acting like I am telling HiPS what to do, which I am not. I am asking HiPS, because personally I find it useful to have both the OP and the player list together. If he doesn't want to comply then that's his choice, and I will have to leave it at that.

Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia III - 3/2/12 - Sign-ups

:<?

Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia III - 3/2/12 - Sign-ups

I want in on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom