• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCF Huntsville Mafia - MAFIA WIN - 2012/3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
62036.jpg

Following the request, Detectives have successfully infiltrated the town, even proceeding to locate the hideout of the criminal organization, S.T.A.I.N.
For their mission, they are disguised among the folks of the Huntsville.
Can S.T.A.I.N. members find and get rid of these disguised detectives before the detectives put their teammates behind bars?

62040.jpg

Mystery Case Files : Huntsville Mafia
Very loosely based on the Hidden Object Game. No worries, you do not need to know the game at all.

THIS IS A ROLELESS MAFIA GAME, WITH THE THEME APPLIED FOR THE PLOT RATHER THAN ROLES.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF IT BEFORE SIGNING UP.

BASIC TUTORIAL

TOWN TEAM : S.T.A.I.N.
MAFIA TEAM : DETECTIVES
There are two sides for the players. One is the Town, and the other is the Mafia. The majority of the players are the town (sometimes referred as Innocent).

Most of the town players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to equal the town players in number.
As soon as one side achieves its goal, whether it’s Day or Night, the game ends.

At every Day, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched (‘No lynch’ is an option).
At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is removed from play.

Mafia makes a kill during the Nights.

Communication is the key to victory.

RULES

#1. I claim the right to add, edit, or delete rules as needed in this game.

#2. Warnings and/or Modkills for…
- INACTIVITY. Unless you tell me before absence (up to five days at most), I will replace you or if not possible, remove your role from the game. If you think you can’t remain active…you might not want to sign up.
After three phases without any posts, or contacting anyone, I shall take action for the inactivity. Keep in mind that if you’re leaving under my permission, you are still in the game but can be lynched or killed.
- POSTING AFTER DEATH, INFORMATIVE STYLE. If you're dead, please don't be informative.

#3. Feel free to share copies of private messages (OTHER THAN ROLE PMs) however you want, via PMs, QTs, or in the public thread. You can take screenshots of those conversations if you wish.

#4. Claim all you want, your roles...because all that your role PM state will be basically your alignment. I'll even have the role PMs posted in the thread, what I sent to Town players and what sent to Mafia players.
To avoid confusion, for updates, I'll be assigning characters to each person dead. You'll know when it happens rather than my explaining.

#5. All players are allowed to communicate privately. Mafia players will be given a Quicktopic for their planning.

I would like copies of your PMs. Add my name to the list of recipients when sending a PM. If you make a QuickTopic, please give me the link. If you use a name other than your username, tell me what name you’re using in the QT. If you’re using IM, at least tell me what kind of conversation you had with another player if you cannot give me a log.

#6. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me via PM.

#7. If you change your username, please announce it in the thread! It’s confusing for the players and me if you don’t do this.

#8. For voting, say "Vote: name". To cancel that, just post "Unvote: name" and then post a new name if you want to.
You can vote “No lynch”, but in a tie between lynching a player and “no lynch”, lynching will win. There will be only ONE lynch per day.

UPDATES: Each phase will last for 24 hours.
Expect updates between 10 PM to 11 PM in my time (GMT +9). That is 8 AM to 9 AM in EST.
If there is no update after two hours passed since 11 PM (GMT +9), it will mean I could not come in to update, and in those cases, the phase will be extended. I will try to let you know prior to this happening as much as possible.

Players
1. Zenax ---> MAFIA, win
2. Mijzelffan -> TOWN
3. Coasting Wingull -> TOWN
4. Soulmaster -> TOWN
5. Neonsands -> TOWN
6. No Lynch -> TOWN
7. Insanish Danish -> TOWN
8. Sourcandy ---> MAFIA, win
9. Hitomi -> TOWN
(All confirmed.)

Subs.
1. Nytie
~

Last edited:
Re: MCF Huntsville Mafia - SIGN UPS - 2012/03/03

In.

Aww, but I've only played Myster Case Files Millionheir...

Anyway, in.

Really, if I saw every dialogue and situation - the possible heirs and suspects change randomly, so it seems - I'd have started with that game for a mafia game instead. =_=;
I've yet to see that astronomy professor as a suspect rather than a possible heir.

Well this should be fun.

Really, if I saw every dialogue and situation - the possible heirs and suspects change randomly, so it seems - I'd have started with that game for a mafia game instead. =_=;
I've yet to see that astronomy professor as a suspect rather than a possible heir.

I only played through it once. Country singer dude was the heir, and Sleepy Marilyn Monroe the suspect. I did read about the randomness of both later though.

No idea what this is, but im excited.

I'll join.

I'll be a sub :)

This sounds unique. I'm in. :)

Nine is actually a good number to start a small game with imo, so I'll assign roles and get this game started this evening after school.

--------

Sending out role PMs. And actually, I realized I made a rather bad mistake in the rules, so to clear that out...

You can do whatever you want with your role PMs, mass copy it or whatever, because I'm going to leave the code right here for those who want to fake it anyway. :p

Last edited:
Re: MCF Huntsville Mafia - EVENING NEWS - Night 0 - 2012/03/06

--Evening News--

Police announced that with the help of the Detectives in town, they have captured the boss of the criminal organization, S.T.A.I.N.!
Who could have guessed that gentle Gertrude Goodlittle, the librarian, could be the puppet master behind S.T.A.I.N.'s evil enterprise?

62194.jpg

Along with the boss, the police managed to catch a few members of the organization.
However, they said that some remain at large, uncaught by the Police.

Thanks to the Detectives, Huntsville can rest easy knowing that soon they will find other members of this malevolent mob!

The remaining Goodlittle's puppets had better watch out!

*Beep*

'...we'll need to take the matters in our own hands'.
Thought the members of S.T.A.I.N. who remained free.

'We'll avenge you, boss. Before we are caught by the Detectives who want us.'

--------------------------------

It is Night 0.
Confirm that you received your role by posting in the thread along the lines of 'Confirming'.

And, as I've said, you are free to lie, fake, etc, anything, including roles. I'm having the role PMs' codes lying here.
V CODES FOR THE ROLE PMS
[noparse]You are one of the members of S.T.A.I.N.

62196.PNG

Contributing to the criminal organization with your own bizarre ways, the news that Detectives under disguise has reached your ears as well.

Unable to tell if a person is a Detective or not, your goal is to eliminate all of these intruders before you lose your number advantage to the Detectives.

Good luck.

===

You are one of the Detectives.

62195.PNG

Disguised as one of the usual Huntsville folks, your goal is to avoid suspicion and arrest these members of the criminal organization known as S.T.A.I.N. (=night kill), or simply let them kill a teammate themselves (=lynch).
When your group equals the number of the remaining, uncaught S.T.A.I.N. members, you'll be able to arrest the survivors at once and win.

You have a hideout at one of the hotels where you can discuss your plans privately.
(QUICKTOPIC LINK REDACTED)
(If you prefer to chat via PMs, that's perfectly fine with me too as long as you send me copies of the messages.)

Good luck![/noparse]

@Zenax ; @Mijzelffan ; @Coasting Wingull ; @Soulmaster ; @Neonsands
@No Lynch ; @Insanish Danish ; @Sourcandy ; @Hitomi

Got it.

Got it.

Got it.

Confirmation.

Status