• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UK Video Game Championships qualifier winner disqualified: Play! Pokémon manager rele

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
UK Video Game Championships qualifier winner disqualified: Play! Pokémon manager released statement

Ruben Puig Lecegui, winner of the recent Video Game Championships qualifiers in the United Kingdom, has been disqualified due to improper behavior before the event. With the news spreading over the internet regarding this, Play! Pokémon manager Dave Schwimmer has released a statement.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: UK Video Game Championships qualifier winner disqualified: Play! Pokémon manager

Well, that was a crappy move on his part. That flushed his victory right down the toilet.

Re: UK Video Game Championships qualifier winner disqualified: Play! Pokémon manager

Okay, that was unexpected. I would have expected "was caught cheating" or something, but throwing crud like monkeys?

Why on earth did they even do that, that's all I wonder.

Play! Pokémon's manager, David Schwimmer
Wait, what? Is there any other David Schwimmer other than... The One with the Dinosaurs?

Edit: Nevermind, read his post on Smogon. Fixed the error, it is "Dave" actually.

Last edited:

Trom.... this story is 26 days early.

Wait it's real!? Oh my...

kids these day -.-

Really? well, serves the punk right.

Kids, don't throw your own shit in the hallway, or it might come back to screw you over later.

In the words of the great Ron Simmons: .........DAMN!!!

Brings a whole new meaning to the moves Stealth Rock and Mud Shot...
No, but really.. I just can't believe it. When I first saw the article's title, I naturally thought hacking/cheating, etc. But that kind of behavior in a tournament? I'm just as crass as the next Pokemon player - but throwing your own excrement? No. Just no.

Holy shit. I knew something smelled funny about this whole thing. Now all their work getting this far just went down the toilet. This article better not be full of crap.

Wow, I remember reading @Joshawott's write-up where he talked about seeing that in the hallway.... I had no idea that it would actually lead to the disqualification of a Pokémon champion. People really need to get some maturity.

Well I can't bayleaf this shit. What was the actual thoughtproces that went into this.

Wow humans starting to act like Ambipoms

Man what the heck. ._. That's just...unbelievable.

Flat what.

Wow, I remember reading @Joshawott's write-up where he talked about seeing that in the hallway.... I had no idea that it would actually lead to the disqualification of a Pokémon champion. People really need to get some maturity.
Personally, I feel that the main reason it has gone this far is because of how the story erupted across the internet, being featured on websites like Crunchyroll and Kotaku. I imagine that this move was made to try and put an end to the story.

It is a huge shame that it did have to end this way. Ruben is a fantastic player - his performance at not only this year's and last year's UK qualifiers, but also his performance at last year's Worlds show this (He came 3rd; losing to the guy who won it). It would have been fantastic to see him represent the United Kingdom again, but unfortunately, this kind of behaviour just can't be condoned.

"His side of the story" is nothing more that him saying "It totally wasn't me, it was someone else", totally contradicting this post from one of his friends, which was made before the real consequences became evident. I also wonder why somebody who was "embarrassed" about what happened, as he claims to be in his defense, would make a victory post containing the phrase "SHIT IN HOTEEEEEEEEEEL¡¡¡¡¡ :3"

As for the racism claim, I'm afraid I must call bullshit on that (no pun intended). If you dump shit in a hotel corridor, you should expect to be thrown out on your arse, and for there to be consequences if you were representing a company. If anyone can actually point me in the direction of this supposed racism, I would be most grateful.

Seriously, go and take a look at that thread. It's edifying to watch how the group's casual boasting about their bad behavior turns to panic when they realize that it might have actual consequences.

It is disappointing to hear this news, I don’t think the link to Pokémon is important in this case as such behaviour is unacceptable in any case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom