• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Magic of Gardonia - Game Over: The MM Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Reaction score
The Magic of Gardonia

It was just another normal afternoon in Gardonia, the sun was shining, and the birds chirping, the gardens being tended to; all was as it should be. The town of Gardonia was small but it was occupied by some of the brightest minds and the best community-contributors, unlike its neighbouring towns, Smoglia and Serebial. Gardonia was known across the land as the one town with all of the magic.

Mayor Beck rose from bed every morning at 6:00 AM sharp; never once had he woken up earlier nor had he woken up later, and this morning was no different. Mayor Beck was relatively new to Gardonia but he had big plans for the town; he loved all it had to offer and liked nothing more than improving its conditions for all. He eased himself out of bed and quickly got ready. Little did the residents of Gardonia know, but Mayor Beck had an extremely important announcement to make that morning; an announcement many rumored may change Gardonia forever!

Mayor Beck shut his door behind him as he adjusted his jacket and quickly scuffled toward the center of Gardonia. Every Saturday, at 7:00 AM sharp, the mayor would ring the bell and gather all of Gardonia’s residents to the center of town for a brief meeting about the state of the town and what could be improved. This is what made the town flourish, the way the community actively communicated and shared their ideas.

Mayor Beck checked his watch; it read 6:54 AM. He quickened his pace. His watch read 6:59 AM as he stepped into the town’s gazebo and moved in the direction of the bell. The bell was small but loud, it shone a beautiful gold in the morning sun; it emanated magic. Mayor Beck began to ring the bell. It chimed once. It chimed again. A third time. Gardonia’s residents began to move to the center of town. It chimed a fourth time. Then a fifth time. Everybody was awake now. The bell chimed a sixth time, and then stopped. One chime short? Out of nowhere, shots were heard, followed by screaming. People running. People ducking behind flower pots, seeking any shelter they could find. One more shot was fired and was heard echoing throughout the town. Complete silence.

Several minutes later the residence rose from their hiding places and made their way quickly to the center of the town to see what had happened. There, in the center of the gazebo lay a bloody body wrapped in a black jacket. The town bell lay next to him, smeared in red. One man reached over the body and pulled the jacket off of the deceased man’s face. Lying dead in a pile of blood was Mayor Beck. In his hands there was a note. The brave man opened the note slowly as he was being crowded around, whispers and the sound of crying filling the air. He began to read it aloud:

“Oh look, so sad,
Look at all that you’ve had.
Please say your goodbyes, and try to be quick
For what happens next we’ll call our first trick.
You say you believe in magic, that’s what you say,
But be careful, all, for this may be your last day.

The magic is ours.

- MM”

The man turned around to the crowd of anxious and uneasy residents.

What’s next? Who did it? Will you solve the case?

-------------------------​

Hey everyone! My name is Beck, and I'll be your host. Or at least I was your host. This is my first time hosting a game of Mafia, even playing game of Mafa, here at BMGf, but I'm an avid player and host, so hopefully I can do you all justice! Nonetheless, welcome to Gardonia Mafia!

Let's get a few things out of the way first:

There are three factions in this game of Mafia. The Gardonians (Town), The MM (Mafia), and the Foreigner(s) (Independents). This game is, for the most part, your typical, generic Mafia. Because I'm new to all of you I will be keeping most of the roles simple and the numbers small. At least this time around. I've added a little bit of a story adressing the conflicts between several towns within a relative proximity. All you've got to worry about is winning!

Also, I plan to keep this game moving, so all phases will take aproximately 24 hours to complete. I will update the thread around 8:00 PM EST each night, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Important: Every role has its own ID card, as well as information pertaining to the character, given within the role PM. It's all for fun; no information given actually pertains to a characters identity (e.g. just because your character is quick to get angry does not mean you have to play that way, nor does it indicate that your are a part of the Mafia). If you need any further clarification please do not hesitate to ask.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the Gardonia Town Map, too!

Map:
Map1.png

*A building with a colour matching a certain faction does not imply that that faction lives within the house. At the same time, the map is used primarily for aesthetics and visual aid, not actual gameplay.*

Rules:
1.) Please remain respectful at all times. I understand what it’s like when things get heated, but please, for the sake of everyone’s enjoyment remain respectful to those playing. I will not tolerate poor attitudes or poor sportsmanship.

2.) You must PM me all of your conversations via PM or a link to all QuickTopic discussions related to this game. There are no exceptions. To include more than one person in a PM, click on "Go Advanced" and add my name in the "To:" field.

3.) When you send me your actions via PM, please include the Night or the Day in the title (e.g. "Night X Action" or "Day X Action").

4.) Vote for the person during the day that you would want to see eliminated by saying Vote: [User], in bold, please. If you would want to remove your vote, say Unvote: [User]. You may vote no lynch, but if there is a case where there is a tie between ‘no lynch’ and someone, the user will be lynched.

5.) Once dead, you are dead. You may not, under any circumstance, contribute further. You may post one death post.

6.) If you change your name, please say so in the thread to avoid confusion.

7.) I may, at any given time, modify or adjust the rules. I reserve this right.

8.) Most importantly, I will modkill under two circumstances:
- If you reveal your role through means of pasting your role PM in the thread, or sharing it in another fashion. You may not share your ID card or any further information pertaining to your character, either It is for your eyes only. You may, however, share your name. You may also role claim, but like stated, you may not use your PM or any information other than your name as proof.

- If you are inactive to a point where the game suffers. I know what it’s like to be busy off the Internet, so if that’s the case, or for whatever other reason, please let me know immediately. It makes the game better for everyone.

Players:

1.) @Neonsands - Shot Point Black on Night One
2.) @Tris79 - Went Crowd Surfing on Day Two
3.) @Zenax - Made Public on Day Five
4.) @Baron Dante
5.) @S.H.O.D.A.N.
6.) @Sourcandy - Punk'd on Day Four
7.) @DrumBeats
8.) @Smasher 101 - Targeted on Night Four
9.) @Soulmaster
10.) @Shiny Celebi - Silenced on Night Three
11.) @Flame_ - Butchered on Night Five
12.) @Feralize - Disposed of on Day Six
13.) @PieMaster - Broken Down on Day Three

Replacements:

1.) @Parmalee
2.)
3.)

Phase Changes:
TBA

Thank you! Have fun!

Last edited:
Re: The Magic of Gardonia - Sign-ups (4/5/12)

I'll join.

You've temped me enough,that I don't know how this will play out.

I'll give it a try.

Whaaat, not "Mafia of Gardonia"?

...I have no idea what this is about, but that's every other game I'm in.

Unless I got it wrong, Gardonia = Bulbagarden, just like how Smoglia and Serebial are Smogon and Serebii.

Unless I got it wrong, Gardonia = Bulbagarden, just like how Smoglia and Serebial are Smogon and Serebii.

That's the gist of it.

In Like Flint...err...Inception...I mean Incredible Hulk...Invaders From Mars?...no...Oh, I remember...IN!

please

Oh, I completely missed Smoglia and stuffes. Okay, that sounds good.

In

So if by the earlier posts this has users as players?
Anyways I'm in.

Re: The Magic of Gardonia - 4 Spots Remaining! (4/5/12)

Thanks for the interest, everyone! Three more spots remaining! Spread the word!

Re: The Magic of Gardonia - 3 Spots Remaining! (4/5/12)

I'll play. ;)

Re: The Magic of Gardonia - 2 Spots Remaining! (4/5/12)

Count me in!

Re: The Magic of Gardonia - 1 Spot Remaining! (4/5/12)

Willing to serve as a replacement

Re: The Magic of Gardonia - 1 Spot Remaining! (4/5/12)

As the resident pastry overlord I'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom